Author Topic: "Nike is very difficult in those regards"  (Read 12191 times)

Ayanami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 55
Re: "Nike is very difficult in those regards"
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2021, 09:24:21 AM »
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

newguy

« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2021, 03:43:09 PM »

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2021, 05:17:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Well all know Nike sucks, but they do make great skate shoes. If core brands made products as comfortable and durable as blazers premiums and dunks then I’d gladly buy from them. Brands like Last resort AB are on the right track, their shoes are very similar to Blazers and have a great sole too, so if you hate nike buy from them instead. And finally, caring about skating is fine, but maybe we should focus our efforts on hating and clowning Oil and has companies instead of shoe makers considering the current predicament we’re in.  When climate change gets bad enough you won’t have any Nike shoes, Skate shops or Internet forum to complain about the former fucking over the latter.
[close]

Cocaine may be fucking amazing, but I’m not going to try it because it’s also harvested with exploited labor.

Have some fucking standards.

But at the same time, it’s not about clowning one kind of exploitation over another, it’s about recognizing the pressures that all companies have that encourage them to exploit, be it Nike, Exxon, Phizer, Monsanto, or whatever.

They all exist in a framework that encourages exploiting other people, animals, and ecosystems for personal profit.

Recognize that some companies like Nike lead the way in exploitation, but above all, recognize it’s the framework we exist in promotes that kind of behavior.
[close]
What skate shoes aren't made with exploited labor in a developing country? And if they weren't how many of you are actually gonna pay over $150 consistently for skate shoes. It sucks, but everyone probably posting here is using some form of device which has parts made using labor that is exploited.

Danny, your last sentence hits the nail on the head.
And it applies to almost every single thing we consume.
Why is that? And can we do better?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

newguy

« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2021, 05:52:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Well all know Nike sucks, but they do make great skate shoes. If core brands made products as comfortable and durable as blazers premiums and dunks then I’d gladly buy from them. Brands like Last resort AB are on the right track, their shoes are very similar to Blazers and have a great sole too, so if you hate nike buy from them instead. And finally, caring about skating is fine, but maybe we should focus our efforts on hating and clowning Oil and has companies instead of shoe makers considering the current predicament we’re in.  When climate change gets bad enough you won’t have any Nike shoes, Skate shops or Internet forum to complain about the former fucking over the latter.
[close]

Cocaine may be fucking amazing, but I’m not going to try it because it’s also harvested with exploited labor.

But at the same time, it’s not about clowning one kind of exploitation over another, it’s about recognizing the pressures that all companies have that encourage them to exploit, be it Nike, Exxon, Phizer, Monsanto, or whatever.

They all exist in a framework that encourages exploiting other people, animals, and ecosystems for personal profit.

Recognize that some companies like Nike lead the way in exploitation, but above all, recognize it’s the framework we exist in promotes that kind of behavior.
[close]
What skate shoes aren't made with exploited labor in a developing country? And if they weren't how many of you are actually gonna pay over $150 consistently for skate shoes. It sucks, but everyone probably posting here is using some form of device which has parts made using labor that is exploited.
[close]

Why is that?

Simple, because the system we live in is built around exploitation

Can we do better?

Nope, the only way you can do better is by burning the whole thing down, good luck though, the system has a layer of defences that will try to keep it intact by any means necessary. But hey! The way things are, the planet itself will take care of it, give or take a few decades. Cheers.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2021, 12:15:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'm a pessimist, so no. Regardless of system we live in history shows that exploration will still exist.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2021, 06:01:04 PM »

@DaveFuck
You’re a real G in my book, for sure.
I looove that jam!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2021, 01:26:41 PM »
You guys are so upset over what Nike is doing and no one's even talking about the fact that Globe kicked a dude named "Fries" off to make way for the sexy boys smh

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2021, 05:48:50 PM »
You guys are so upset over what Nike is doing and no one's even talking about the fact that Globe kicked a dude named "Fries" off to make way for the sexy boys smh
#prayforfries

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2021, 06:40:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
#prayforfries
haha... looks like he's still on. Just on the Europe team.
https://eu.globebrand.com/pages/team

Gustavofring

« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2021, 07:38:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
#prayforfries
[close]
Thank god

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2021, 07:50:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
#prayforfries
[close]
[close]
Thank god
I’m just glad they didn’t have to kick Creed of their surf team to make room, because what even is globe shoes without Fries and Creed?