Author Topic: Most satisfying trick of your life.  (Read 11669 times)

Hevonen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
Re: Most satisfying trick of your life.
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2020, 12:31:57 PM »
Did a fs no-comply on tranny like a foot above coping once somehow. Can't even get a fs ollie over the coping usually and never done a no-comply on tranny, but this time I got into some quick flow state and just did it perfectly and it felt amazing.

Has happened a few times where I've never done a trick or even tried it really but then just for that one random fuck around attempt you feel like you've done it a thousand times and just do it perfectly. Those are always super satisfying but it never works out again haha

Figured that's probably how a guy like Penny feels all the time

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2020, 12:37:01 PM »
Half cab crook shove it out felt really good.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2020, 01:20:08 PM »
it’s hard to say but then definitely could be the most satisfying trick I’ve ever done. I balanced it perfectly and rode away smooth with such relief. I had landed a couple sketchy ones that were okay but not perfect the way this felt. And the little leaf falling during the trick is a tiny thing but I love it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 01:22:39 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Eggie Vedder

• Rep: 32
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2020, 01:56:01 PM »
I feel like the hardest tricks I’ve ever done rarely feel that good while doing them. The most satisfying trick for me has to be just a frontside grind through a good pool corner. Especially if you lean back real far so you whip around it.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2020, 01:56:07 PM »
Couple different ones for couple different reasons.......

tried to go out and even start to film a little bit with a homie who is made some pretty rad little videos and projects for our little town's scene, tried to get out of my comfort zone for once. so since switch front noseslides felt pretty good at my local ledge spot at the university i tried to bigspin out of it to fakie- so 270 shove/ body goes 90. felt good right off the bat, then took me an hour on a hot summer evening- homie somehow messed up the filming. since i wasn't happy with how i did it i tried it longer- another 30 minutes maybe and another friend who stayed over for holidays filmed it really good- i was more stoked that he filmed the trick, than on actually landing it clean. great sesh all around

snother spot around uni i wanted to do regular frontside noseslide biggie going back to regular- hungover sunday mission, huuuuge building across the street, everybody living there is at homeon a sunday. either students hungover worse than i was or old people who i thought would call the polive in an instant.
start trying the trick and don't get close but see an old lady look out the window- i apologise for being loud on a sunday but she did not mind. random prople walking by for two hours of me trying the trick- everybbody hyping me up like " you can do it, man!" do your thing" wich is not common for round here. After two hours i landed on the board for the 5th time maybe, rolled away!

Skating out local park/ spot 8 or so years back- would go there everyday during summer, have 4 beers during every session and lots of water- back then i was on some weird thing that i would be able to skate all day with no shade for some reason and felt really good on my board. Dude came by in the evening who wasn't kinda stoked on me hanging with a different shops crowd more than his and tells me that he only ever sees me drinking- emptied my beer and straight up and did a nollie heelflip noseslide on the kneehigh ledge first try- he acted like he did not see it, i continued to skate till even later that day!
couple years later there's no bad blood, when we see each other but back then it sure felt good to show him up like that :)

Edit: johnes, that new deal or nosepick shove thing sure looked satisfying  8)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 01:57:44 PM by chillclinton87 »

KRKD1

« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2020, 08:58:16 PM »
Expand Quote

Hardflip over this lil handrail cause it was an all day pipe dreamed battle.

Fakie hardflip on a bank cause its prepitual motion and just works perfect once you get the proper pop and flick dialed in solid, it just does itself basically. A first try kinda trick that feels so lovely and goes down quickk once you've done a couple.
[close]

I like that you felt the need to post this twice. That in itself must be satisfying.

Sweet bruh.

But get fucked.

Its two lame park gifs

In thread dedicated to a bunch of jerkin off over ourselves.

But feel free to post anything youd like man.

Unless this thread got bumped and I posted in it twice. Even then who cares.

You hatin.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2020, 09:04:45 PM »
First trick in this post. Landed on four different occasions, but the clip kept getting corrupted prior to getting it downloaded to the hard drive. Never been one to go back to spots to get a clip.

That Big Spin.... You better not repost this during the next Pal Shalom-Off.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2020, 09:10:11 PM »
leaving a butt outline of a sweat stain detailing every crease of my pants at the moment on my griptape.    I've pulled it over ten times AT LEAST!

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2020, 04:10:28 AM »
I puked in the grate at flushing. Not in a spot that gets skated so it was very much out of the way. Still made me feel better.

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2020, 07:33:15 AM »
My first landed kickflip.

Coco Santiagos Kitten

« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2020, 07:41:13 AM »
Not sure, but probably the last thing I did that I still think about a lot was bombing a steep hill in Austin outside of my AirBnB. We don't really have hills in where I live, so I don't get to do that much and it felt fucking rad.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2020, 09:42:18 AM »
Lots of the first times I've landed things, or first time I got em clean were the best. I remember learning slappies in like 2003 on vacation in florida on a parking block - it was something I didn't really see people do at the time and it felt insanely good. No-comply fs 180 was very similar - I think maybe only Mike Rusczyk was doing no-comply variations at the time, never saw people do em in person - me and a homie spent an entire day trying to figure them out in his driveway and both finally unlocked them and were popping them clean too.. seriously felt like some weird magic.

Was on a skate/camping trip in Connecticut with some homies a handful of years back and managed to pull off this back three at some random DIY spot next to a real skatepark, it's sketch but it still was one of the best feelings because it was the last day and last spot of the whole trip and I basically never pull this trick off when I try it.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2020, 11:58:51 AM »
front shuv'd the pyramid at my local indoor the other day and felt like Tom Penny rolling away hahaha. I hate shuv's on pyramids and especially hate front shuv's in general so I was stoked.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2020, 11:59:24 AM »
I like a phat fakie frontside flip or blindside flip depending on who you are talking to.  I like em on a steep bank, that trick gets me a chub every time because they look so good.
Dueces Bitch's

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2020, 03:39:37 PM »
It used to be frontside 360's fronside shuv it heel flips. I could basically do them down most things ollie down. Now I can't ollie down anything  :-\

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2020, 08:26:14 PM »
First Tre flip after like 10 years of not tre flipping.
We were all going to our first band practice for a H.A.W.C show i like to play from time to time if i can find someone to back me up.

It was for the punks because the punks saw it and it was a big one. Great session that day.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

dakara

• Rep: 4
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2020, 10:51:09 PM »
The “coolest” shit I’ve ever done was probably some kick flips down bigger sets and a few bigger handrails/Hubbas back 10 years ago.  But the most satisfying trick was deinfitely my first clean 360 flip. Felt like I was finally a “good” skateboarder. 12 years later I can currently land one sketched out tre out of maybe 10-15 attempts lol

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2020, 05:30:44 AM »
The “coolest” shit I’ve ever done was probably some kick flips down bigger sets and a few bigger handrails/Hubbas back 10 years ago.  But the most satisfying trick was deinfitely my first clean 360 flip. Felt like I was finally a “good” skateboarder. 12 years later I can currently land one sketched out tre out of maybe 10-15 attempts lol

Haha I always felt like tre flips meant you were a “good skater” and struggled hard to get them. Kinda have them now.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2020, 05:32:39 AM »
 Fs Wallride on the local bank thats pretty steep. I learned wallrides this summer on that and well when I did it I was so fucking stoked. Also slapped a real crusty curb and got a groove going.