Author Topic: dj gaudin  (Read 10132 times)

shark tits

dj gaudin
« on: August 15, 2014, 10:01:34 AM »
we might never see anymore of him but he did 'bring it and not sing it' and outduel forrest edwards at wallenberg so for that brinksmanship, i appreciate. here's some older stuff from louisiana.
Katrinaville - Dj Gaudin
DJ Gaudin

SHAWN COMBOVER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
  • WHAT A FUCKING WRINKLE DRINKER
Re: dj gaudin
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 10:08:51 AM »
doublesteveburger: I'm gonna stick to being sad and skating with my poor friends.
busey: he's like an avenged sevenfold song come to life who wandered around living off energy drinks.

shark tits

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »
i don't know. supposedly he pissed some people off in sf. i'm not sure if skate stardom really appeals to him, he could prolly just stay in louisiana and be forgotten. i hope not. love to see a proper career for the kid.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »
i don't know. supposedly he pissed some people off in sf. i'm not sure if skate stardom really appeals to him, he could prolly just stay in louisiana and be forgotten. i hope not. love to see a proper career for the kid.
Well trying to one up someone or do the same trick they are doing which is a NBD is bound to rub alot of skaters the wrong way, even if you are doing it to a boarderline autistic person like Forest.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 08:44:44 PM »

I've heard he's a pretty big pile.  He was hanging around the RAW dudes for a little while as well before I guess that went sour. He was in Know The Ledge I think
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

shark tits

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've heard he's a pretty big pile.  He was hanging around the RAW dudes for a little while as well before I guess that went sour. He was in Know The Ledge I think
right on, keegan speaks well of him. i don't know the rest of the RAW people except 'loudmouth kevin' who i haven't seen in a decade. nate is actually the one who told me he burnt some bridges but he didn't want to 'put him on blast' about the specifics.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 07:24:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
right on, keegan speaks well of him. i don't know the rest of the RAW people except 'loudmouth kevin' who i haven't seen in a decade. nate is actually the one who told me he burnt some bridges but he didn't want to 'put him on blast' about the specifics.

I've heard a couple different things but I think drugs played into it mostly, which really sucks because he's obviously capable of so much more on a board. 

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 10:06:18 AM »
I've heard he's pretty hard to deal with and just not all that sharp of a guy, to the point where he didn't even necessarily realize he was pulling a goober move trying to one up Forrest. In that House video I think they played a bunch of rain man sound bites over his footage. He's got a hell of a switch backside flip though, that's for sure.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 12:46:09 PM »
I've heard he's pretty hard to deal with and just not all that sharp of a guy, to the point where he didn't even necessarily realize he was pulling a goober move trying to one up Forrest. In that House video I think they played a bunch of rain man sound bites over his footage. He's got a hell of a switch backside flip though, that's for sure.

Idk how much I agree with that part of it.  Was he not supposed to do a better trick if he's able to? Reminds me of OIAM in NY when they got all bummed on that kid for gapping to 5-0 on Blubba when its just instant progression.  Look at the Baker Kill Tapes from the triple set, some tricks are arguably better than others but you don't see dudes getting all butthurt about it.  This isn't an angry rant directed at you Baron it's just something that's bugged me for a while.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 01:14:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Idk how much I agree with that part of it.  Was he not supposed to do a better trick if he's able to? Reminds me of OIAM in NY when they got all bummed on that kid for gapping to 5-0 on Blubba when its just instant progression.  Look at the Baker Kill Tapes from the triple set, some tricks are arguably better than others but you don't see dudes getting all butthurt about it.  This isn't an angry rant directed at you Baron it's just something that's bugged me for a while.

I hear what you're saying and agree. I was actually talking about the fact that he was first trying to switch flip it at the same time Forrest did. Tony Vitello had to go and tell him that's not really cool to do and advised him to try something else. If he'd gone for the switch backside flip straight away that would probably have not been a big deal considering they're different tricks.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 08:18:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I hear what you're saying and agree. I was actually talking about the fact that he was first trying to switch flip it at the same time Forrest did. Tony Vitello had to go and tell him that's not really cool to do and advised him to try something else. If he'd gone for the switch backside flip straight away that would probably have not been a big deal considering they're different tricks.

I'll be honest, I know nothing about the clip other than what Thrasher had on their site at the time.  It kind of seemed like they brought them there together to have some sort of bizarre switch flip contest so them going for the same trick in this particular instance didn't seem that lame to me.  Also I feel like it only adds to Gaudin's case that he started going for the sw bs flip before Forrest landed the switch flip, maybe it was just warm ups and Vitello told him to just hurry up and try or something like that. 

ratfink

• Rep: 5
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 02:30:08 AM »
i remember this whole one-up situation, but i totally forgot he actually landed that sw bs flip  ???
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNgvKCP5pYU

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 09:07:38 AM »
I've watched that clip so many times and I still don't believe it. Kinda annoys me that it's just in a web clip like that and not this guy's ender ender in a major skate video production. Hell, can you imagine the hassle it would have created if it was in a local scene video or something instead of just straight to the 'net.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 11:48:16 PM »
The two-backside flip wonder!

I did Forrest's switch flip a lot more but of course he won our hearts and minds in OAIM.

Happy, sorry

• Rep: -12
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 07:57:58 PM »
Wya?

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 09:00:29 PM »
He's a weird kid, he was super nice but he was also a monster, not the type of dude anyone would want to team manage. Regardless DJ is in jail and he won't be getting out anytime soon, sucks cuz he was so talented. He's from Layafette La and it's one of those towns that really has nothing to do and plenty of money so it's really easy to fall in the drug scene and never be able to crawl your way back out.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2019, 09:09:48 AM »

curbslayer

• Rep: 9
  • How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2019, 10:58:03 AM »
All balls no brains. shit sucks dude was super talented. what a waste.  :-[
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 10:30:17 AM by curbslayer »

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 10:23:14 AM »
Derald
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

bo golden

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2019, 11:23:24 AM »
Derald

lol.  that switch BS flip insane though.  totally forgot about it.

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2019, 08:40:45 PM »
http://lafayettemugshots.com/search/?last_name=GAUDIN&first_name=derald

Looks like it's been pretty rough for him

That’s crazy, he’s on the yearly mugshot program.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2019, 03:38:30 AM »
i remember this whole one-up situation, but i totally forgot he actually landed that sw bs flip  ???
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNgvKCP5pYU

Just wanted to bring this to the top to say that it's crazy to me like, neither of these dudes is in the skate industry limelight in any way, unless you count having a thread on the first page of UWTB as "making it" in some way.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2024, 03:50:00 PM »
was watching GH's paetron video about the best tricks done down wallenburg, and this dude popped up... anyone got an update?

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2024, 11:56:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think switch flip and switch backside flip down Wallenberg are both awesome. I appreciate them equally. It is not like one was working on an Ollie and then the other kickflipped it and stuck out his tongue.

wilog

• Rep: -23
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2024, 10:05:45 AM »
it is actually pretty crazy how he did 2 of the best switch bs flips ever done and both were web clips