Author Topic: moderators please tell CHRIS COLE to see the doctor ASAP!!  (Read 73187 times)

12w34re5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: moderators please tell CHRIS COLE to see the doctor ASAP!!
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 11:56:09 AM »

This post wasn't meant to cause paranoia, but rather to give Chris a heads up and raise awareness about "talk and die" syndrome.  It's something that should be taken seriously especially in this industry.

It doesn't hurt to get it checked out.  If you didn't get a concussion then most likely you're fine, but still get it checked out.  If I fell and hit my head on something then I would get it checked out, but let's say I was behind a door and it opened and hit my head I wouldn't think much of it.  However, if the impact from the door was pretty hard I would then get it checked out.  It's like when you scrape yourself after a fall, you can just wash it up and you'll most likely be ok.  But, most of us would at least wash it up and put a bandage over it to prevent any possible infection.

12w34re5

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 12:20:29 PM »
Expand Quote
having a thick skull doesn't mean anything and having a helmet doesn't matter either, as I said before even if the head is shaken really hard it can cause serious problems....I don't have time to look it up, but you can google "talk and die syndrome" for more info.  Let's say there's a 99.999% chance that Chris is fine, that 0.001% he's not is not worth it for something that can be life threatening.  When it comes to head injuries it's not something you want to take lightly.   Again, after watching the Thrasher video I think he definitely should have his head checked.  So, someone that is able to contact him please let him know ASAP!!! and force him to go if he refuses!!! that actress even laughed it off after she hit her head and she died hours later!!

Also, I've never posted here I'm mainly a lurker, but after seeing Chris hit his head in that video I felt compelled to at least say something.  Even if it was a nobody I would have still made some fuss of it because after hearing about how that actress died it kind of affected me.  A person who seems perfectly fine one minute and dies a few hours later, which could have been prevented, should not have happened.
[close]

Seriously, who are you, Chris Cole's mom? You care coming off like a paranoid crazy person. You're essentially suggesting kidnapping Chris Cole and forcing him to go to a hospital, WTF?!?!

He is an adult and can make his own decisions. I am sure he has taken some major slams in the past and knows what his body can take. I have hit my head pretty hard skating and am still alive.

Not all adults are aware of all the choices before they make their decisions.

There are people who have had their skulls cracked open and are perfectly fine.  Jake Brown dropped almost 2-3 stories off a half pipe and he's alive now.  Then there was an actress not so long ago who fell on a bunny slope and hit her head on a pack a snow and died hours later.

It doesn't hurt to get it checked out.

danker

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 02:17:28 PM »
What hes trying to say is that actress's die when they hit their heads

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2009, 03:23:11 PM »
is this seriously a thread?

HRPoodersmith

• Rep: 63
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 04:02:32 PM »
yeah, but Natasha Richardson didn't back-360 wallenburg right after she hit her head.  Chris will be fine, I'm sure he's done it before.

But good looking out for his well-being, albeit creepy

12w34re5

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2009, 07:13:46 PM »

wow, just wow.  I hope most people reading this thread have better reading comprehension skills then most of you guys responding in this thread.

gub!!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »
lovin this dude

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2009, 08:02:43 PM »
this is so weird. ironically i hit my head pretty hard yesterday as well, now im just getting paranoid by this thread
yeah youre fucked

Dr. Newton 2.0

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2009, 08:12:51 PM »
DIE CHRIS COLE DIE

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2009, 08:33:48 PM »
Talk OR die syndrome people are so annoying. Shut the fuck up already.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony