Author Topic: boston  (Read 2498 times)

biggums mcgee

boston
« on: August 04, 2006, 12:50:38 PM »
if anyone in new england could tell me of some spots in the boston/cambridge area, I'm here for two days and searching. thanks

mikefork

Re: boston
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 10:46:11 PM »
boston is a small city

theres heavens which is a sick spot but its and instant bust
all the spots near windows
for some reason people love the aquarium
chinatown courts but some of/all of the ramps might be gone again
financial is the best place to skate though but the best time is to skate at night because you dont get the boot and the cops dont ticket you

biggums mcgee

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 03:47:23 PM »
thanks although I didn't get to see that until I got home. boston has alot of great spots, and since I only saw one guy skating the whole time I was there I knew it was bust. there were alot of tight banks I came across in cambridge, and in boston it seemed like the place to be was suffolk u. and city hall. too bad there was a huge free outdoor hiphop concert taking place when I arrived there, or else I probably would have gotten to skate it for a bit!

rapist

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 05:42:59 PM »
aquarium nigga!

mikefork

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 06:54:08 PM »
thanks although I didn't get to see that until I got home. boston has alot of great spots, and since I only saw one guy skating the whole time I was there I knew it was bust. there were alot of tight banks I came across in cambridge, and in boston it seemed like the place to be was suffolk u. and city hall. too bad there was a huge free outdoor hiphop concert taking place when I arrived there, or else I probably would have gotten to skate it for a bit!
damn that sucks, i havent been there in the day time for a few months its always from midnight till five and you can skate almost anything

woody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 05:22:58 PM »
I'm about to go to New Hampshire, I'm not sure how long I'll have in Boston, but banks always intrigue me...
Should I just skate around Cambridge and hope to find some?
let me just name a few of the hammers in this video...

mikefork

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 05:53:49 PM »
I'm about to go to New Hampshire, I'm not sure how long I'll have in Boston, but banks always intrigue me...
Should I just skate around Cambridge and hope to find some?
cambridge is the worst place to get caugght by an asshole cop, they outlawed skateboarding years ago but if you go to the hood they wont fuck with you. also dont park anywhere in the hood, theres tons of chop shops. the boston city hospital has some sick banks but you can only skate them at night really and if you go there dont stray more than four feet from under the overhang or security can see you and you will most likely get the boot
somerville has some sick banks but i havent seen them but i have heard about a bunch from my friend who skates, he finds them while doing his bike currying job

biggums mcgee

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »
whats the lowdown with the scene up there? I was really suprised to not see anyone skating, and seeing how there's no park there I would asume alot of people would be out on the street.

mikefork

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 06:36:25 PM »
whats the lowdown with the scene up there? I was really suprised to not see anyone skating, and seeing how there's no park there I would asume alot of people would be out on the street.
a lot of people that usually skate the city are from neighboring cities/towns so they only skate it a few times a week plus i know today there was a bunch of different sessions going down at different spots all across eastern ma today because thats where most of the spots are so that might be another reason but the most likely one is that its a huge bust on weekdays/non-holidays. if you are looking for parks within a ten-fifteen mile radius you could try peabody, east boston, hyde park in dorcester, or malden or if you are already on your way to nh you could try the nashua park. on a side note if you are in the area for a few days zero will be in boston starting tomorrow night at midnight for the kotr

biggums mcgee

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 07:26:37 PM »
thanks but I'm already back in new york. we went up to maine for a week and stayed in boston for two days. I would have liked to see the kotr though

woody

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 09:21:35 PM »
Ill probably be in Boston during the day coming back from NH, and I wont be able to stop in Nashua because I'll be driving with relatives who don't skate. I think I've seen the city hospital banks in magazines before, bu I'd only be able to go by during the day I think. My grandparents have an apartment near Government center, so I might just cruise around that area.

mikefork

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 09:50:02 AM »
Ill probably be in Boston during the day coming back from NH, and I wont be able to stop in Nashua because I'll be driving with relatives who don't skate. I think I've seen the city hospital banks in magazines before, bu I'd only be able to go by during the day I think. My grandparents have an apartment near Government center, so I might just cruise around that area.
damn that sucks you won't be able to stop its a sick park. thers a bunch of spots near government center but they took out that ledge louie back lips in man down and welsh back noseblunted and on another if you need to go to a shop for whatever reason you can go to true east or orchard

woody

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 10:02:40 AM »
cool, thanks for the help.

general lunchbox

• Rep: 0
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 05:03:08 PM »
The big volcanoes are peaced, but there are still banks on the side that you can skate.  Not as much fun.