Author Topic: Skate Alaska?  (Read 3244 times)

The Math Professor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Skate Alaska?
« on: August 13, 2008, 08:42:29 PM »
I'm going to be up in Alaska wrestling some grizzlies during the first week of Sept.  Is there any spots I should check out in the Anchorage area?

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
Re: Skate Alaska?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 04:03:30 PM »
Hmmm... I bet that shit makes a cool sound when you smith grind that bitch.

danker peaches

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 04:38:06 PM »
There might be snow on the ground anyway

Dr Newton

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 04:08:22 AM »
I have a Siberian husky. I bet he would be fun to skitch. Try that.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 10:23:09 PM »
Anchorage looked like it had some fun spots when I was there.  The city isn't that big so you could just push around.  Though the snow thing might be true.

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 08:48:37 AM »
Anchorage looked like it had some fun spots when I was there.  The city isn't that big so you could just push around.  Though the snow thing might be true.

WTF? Snow on the ground?  It's still August for christ sake?  There's gotta be at least one indoor park.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 12:16:03 AM »
Well, maybe not accumulating.  Probably be kind of wet though.  Who knows it is Alaska.  Anyways here is what you do,  go to the Great Alaskan Beaver Company.  Also visit Seward on the Kenai peninsula.  Awesome. 

It is going to be very light there, basically 20 hours a day maybe a little less.

bill hates

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 12:51:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

WTF? Snow on the ground?  It's still August for christ sake?  There's gotta be at least one indoor park.

..its fucking alaska dude, they havent even invented warm yet

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 03:47:39 PM »
I just got back.  Shit wasn't snowing up there but there was some rain.  The wifey and I drove down to Seward and stumbled across a soggy skate park in the rain.  I also stopped by two parks (also outdoors) in Anchorage... one at some new rec center and a beater of a park in some old outdoor hockey rink.  Not sure why anyone decided to put the parks outdoors.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 06:02:12 PM »
I love Seward.

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »
I just got back.  Shit wasn't snowing up there but there was some rain.  The wifey and I drove down to Seward and stumbled across a soggy skate park in the rain.  I also stopped by two parks (also outdoors) in Anchorage... one at some new rec center and a beater of a park in some old outdoor hockey rink.  Not sure why anyone decided to put the parks outdoors.
damn didnt see this, theres an indoor skatepark called "indo" at a shop in anchorage, maybe 10min away from the city. it sucks but it has a mini ramp and a box. for future reference

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 10:01:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
damn didnt see this, theres an indoor skatepark called "indo" at a shop in anchorage, maybe 10min away from the city. it sucks but it has a mini ramp and a box. for future reference

Cool.  Is it one of those "locals only... no haoles allowed TFs?" or is it cool for outsiders to hit it up?  Instead of searching for skateparks I should've been ariel wolf hunting or drilling for oil in nature preserves with Sarah "Ex Mayor of Alaska's Crack Capital" Palin.

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 02:31:45 PM »
Has anyone skated the park on Elmendorf AirForce base?  I think Adrian Williams mentioned it in his recent interview in TSM.