Author Topic: New Phones for under $500. gimme deets  (Read 1220 times)

Marsellus Wallace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: New Phones for under $500. gimme deets
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2022, 12:02:12 PM »
since I lost my phone while getting drunk on the weekend I need to bump this thread! my budget is ~350€ (living in europe).
Normally Im a android guy but the short life span of security updates of most brands really piss me off. or aren´t they even that important?
Also, I never seen a android camera that really onvinced me compared to iphone - especially zooming looks sluggish, stabilization looks crappy and buggy. I don´t give a fuck about megapixels, I simply want a clean look. it almost feels like vxs compared to gl2/xm2
Are there any good other alternatives to the iphone 11 with an almost/as good video mode as the iphone 11? what about the google pixels?

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2022, 12:06:03 PM »
since I lost my phone while getting drunk on the weekend I need to bump this thread! my budget is ~350€ (living in europe).
Normally Im a android guy but the short life span of security updates of most brands really piss me off. or aren´t they even that important?
Also, I never seen a android camera that really onvinced me compared to iphone - especially zooming looks sluggish, stabilization looks crappy and buggy. I don´t give a fuck about megapixels, I simply want a clean look. it almost feels like vxs compared to gl2/xm2
Are there any good other alternatives to the iphone 11 with an almost/as good video mode as the iphone 11? what about the google pixels?

I've been running a pixel 3a since 2019. I like it. If they stop updating it though imma be mad as shit.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2022, 12:34:03 PM »
I’m running the iPhone SE2020. I can’t complain much, the battery could last a little longer but I guess it depends on your usage. I think the new one coming out will have better battery life, that’s really my only complaint with this phone.

It’s simple, should have support for years to come, good camera and the iOS is quick and snappy.

logjammin

• Rep: 312
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2022, 06:45:45 AM »

Google pixel 4a. First android phone I've ever used where the camera was better than every iphone I've ever owned. Something about their software optimization makes photos come out amazing, and same with optimizing the battery life. Highly recommend. If not, scoop that new iPhone SE 2022.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2022, 01:25:11 AM »
Bump.

As in iPhones (above $500).

My iPhone 8 went to shit after iOS 15.
It’s still been a very peaceful 4 years with it.

What iPhone you suggest to get next?
I’m looking for one that won’t be outdated before 4 years and I can’t wait till September for the 14.

Thanks in advance.

#firstworldproblems
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2022, 02:39:18 AM »
Bump.

As in iPhones (above $500).

My iPhone 8 went to shit after iOS 15.
It’s still been a very peaceful 4 years with it.

What iPhone you suggest to get next?
I’m looking for one that won’t be outdated before 4 years and I can’t wait till September for the 14.

Thanks in advance.

#firstworldproblems
I really dig my 12 mini, but 13 mini has a better battery.

logjammin

• Rep: 312
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2022, 10:45:30 AM »
If you’re used to the 8 just get the new 2022 SE it’s physically exactly the same but with a stronger glass and internally has a faster chip and better battery. I’ve had it since it came out and I dig it for sure. I wish it was smaller like the 13 mini but I’m not about to spend $800 on a phone pre-tax.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2022, 11:16:47 AM »
I'm on an SE 2022. Pretty happy with it. I upgraded from the 7, so in many ways, it feels like the same phone just with an improved battery (the reason I upgraded, as the battery in my old one was shot) and dramatically improved performance. I don't really care for fancy cameras or facial recognition stuff, and have used Apple for almost a decade phone wise so it was easy to set up and get running.The base is like 580CAD so my guess is that's less than $500 USD. I did pay the premium though for 256gb simply because I don't pay for Spotify and wanted all my music on my phone.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2022, 11:23:40 AM »
I got the se 2020 when it came out and even that is a really solid phone, but I really wanted the big display the 12mini has, so i treated myself.
I have to say, I kinda miss having the home button when paying with my phone