Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 247095 times)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #2850 on: December 07, 2015, 06:59:33 AM »
Sooooo what you're saying is you'll be my Other Half hook up? Thaaaanks!

I could be your Other Half hook up now.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2851 on: December 07, 2015, 06:52:16 PM »
Ayyyyy

Front Crooks

« Reply #2852 on: December 08, 2015, 01:58:33 AM »
Stone go to IPA, or grapefruit sculpin.  I grew up in Esco, so Stone ended up being the first to get me into craft beers.

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2853 on: December 08, 2015, 07:30:56 PM »
I hate session beers, but Other Halfs Baby Green is ridiculously good.
Agreed.  Probably the best session I've ever had.  I just finished off some Tree House Eureka w/ Citra and I think Baby Diamonds is the superior session beer.

Also just gave the god at my local shop an Other Half care package in exchange for a free 4-pack of Grimm Cloudbusting.  Awesome beer.  At this point in time my opinion is Grimm>Other Half.

pancake man

« Reply #2854 on: December 09, 2015, 09:25:52 AM »
Rainbow Dome/ In A Curved Sky were awesome. I had them at this little joint in my hometown. Definitely hitting up Peekskill Brewing on Sunday

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2855 on: December 09, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »
Rainbow Dome/ In A Curved Sky were awesome. I had them at this little joint in my hometown. Definitely hitting up Peekskill Brewing on Sunday

Yo Pancake. theres a release on the 19th. let me know if you want some or a growler. I got you.

pancake man

« Reply #2856 on: December 09, 2015, 07:25:32 PM »
I could get down on that man. PM me and we can talk deets

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2857 on: December 09, 2015, 10:23:33 PM »
I decided to depression session tonight and walked to the local gas station and bought myself a six-pack of Seasonal Gingerbread Spiced Blue Moon. I'm no beer-snob by any means (as you can tell, I'm buying Blue Moon, I'll drink anything) but this isn't that bad.

It's crazy how much better shit gets when you have beer.

Aw, shit, I'm drinking alone. Sorry mom.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #2858 on: December 09, 2015, 11:56:44 PM »
It's crazy how much better shit gets when you have beer.

That's true. I'm over two months sober, trying to take a year off, but it's still true nevertheless.

If I was drinking and I was in the States, I would drink Ballantine 40s:

Maybe not the best but I loved it. When I was 21 and visited NYC for the first time, I discovered this beer and it tasted so good, almost like it was lightly spiced.

If I wasn't drinking Ballatine, I'd drink Steam Whistle:

Steam Whistle, Mill Street Organic, and Ballantine are my top three beers. And if anyone's interested, this is my six worst beers list:

1) Boris
2) Yankee Jim
3) Sagres
4) Junction Brewery
5) Guinness Stout
6) Colt 45

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2859 on: January 21, 2016, 04:37:20 PM »
just went to asheville NC, wow wicked weed actually makes the best IPA. whats that website where you can buy random bottles?
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Xtal

« Reply #2860 on: January 21, 2016, 05:19:59 PM »
I'm not a huge drinker nor have I tried what seems to be millions of IPA's out there, but anything Lagunitas puts out is fucking good. My favorite brew of theirs is called Sucks and it was supposed to temporarily replace their Brown Shugga Ale but they've kept it going and now sell it in sixers. Other than that, I always go for Heineken. It's legit, no shit fillers like glycol and actually tastes like beer unlike run-of-the-mill American piss water.

pancake man

« Reply #2861 on: January 21, 2016, 05:52:48 PM »
Glycol is actually used a refrigerant to keep fermenting beer at a steady temperature

Xtal

« Reply #2862 on: January 21, 2016, 06:06:33 PM »
There's a lot of nasty shit in domestic beers and even if they didn't have it in there, they still taste like piss. If I'm somewhere where it's free I'll drink it but when I'm spending my money I go for better quality.

Hannity

« Reply #2863 on: January 22, 2016, 05:52:02 AM »
i finally had Samuel Smith's Organic Lager. super good, if not expensive, but a bit on the floral, grassy side for me.
also had 1664 for the first time, too. will definitely be getting that again, it's like Stella but better.
but mainly i've been enjoying Sam Adams Downtime Pilsner. just a smooth Dortmund helles lager that never gets old for me (i'm German in heritage and like to try nearly all types of German beer.)
i went to a biergarten in the East Village over break and had a Zwickelbier (bottom fermented beer), unfiltered in all its goodness. too bad you can't really find that on tap consistently...

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2864 on: January 25, 2016, 07:36:15 AM »
long trail limbo IPA changed my life.
good come sausage

Hannity

« Reply #2865 on: January 25, 2016, 08:39:10 AM »
dude I miss Long Trail and Saranac's beers so much. pretty much can't find them out here in NM, even in Total Wine

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2866 on: February 03, 2016, 03:18:23 AM »
im going to san diego first week of march, im already eyeing a few breweries to visit, societe and ballast point are at the top of my list followed by modern times, white labs and a few others. id love to get some recommendations from some of the homies here if your willing to share. if any of you want to meet up for a sesh or a beer or maybe even a trade i can try to acquire some goods for you. cheers.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #2867 on: February 03, 2016, 04:48:58 AM »
A friend of mine has family out there, and every time she goes to visit, she hits up Alpine.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
« Reply #2868 on: February 03, 2016, 06:13:38 AM »

I've always really enjoyed this stuff, good beer and a decent price. I don't know how available this is outside the South-Western Ontario area, but if you ever come across one I'd recommend it.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2563
« Reply #2869 on: February 03, 2016, 08:21:00 AM »
Agreed. I like their pilsner too.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Koji-Wu

« Reply #2870 on: February 03, 2016, 10:22:54 AM »

I tend to stick to US beers in the most part, particularly those from Odell. However this IPA from a local brewery in the UK is the first UK beer I've had that gives a US pale ale a run for its money. I doubt you'll see it in the US but anyone in the UK should look out for it, you won't be disappointed.

http://www.magicrockbrewing.com

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #2871 on: February 03, 2016, 07:18:45 PM »
Having the brewery so close it's not surprising to see why it's popular

When I'm not drinking this I probably am drinkin Stella Artois
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2872 on: February 03, 2016, 07:28:38 PM »
Quote from: Koji-Wu  link=topic=37201.msg2444228#msg2444228 date=1454523774

I tend to stick to US beers in the most part, particularly those from Odell. However this IPA from a local brewery in the UK is the first UK beer I've had that gives a US pale ale a run for its money. I doubt you'll see it in the US but anyone in the UK should look out for it, you won't be disappointed.

http://www.magicrockbrewing.com

curious how fresh are you able to get US beer over there?  obviously it doesn't matter for all beers, but i feel sorry for people living overseas and getting IPAs that are 5 months old and more (like my friend in Japan).   
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2873 on: February 06, 2016, 12:47:12 PM »
Heading down to the Bistro Imperial IPA Fest/Competition today.

If we take a gold medal home I'll send the crowlers of beer out to the first 3 pals that message me.

I'll shoot a bunch of photos and post them later.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2874 on: February 06, 2016, 12:55:16 PM »

I've always really enjoyed this stuff, good beer and a decent price. I don't know how available this is outside the South-Western Ontario area, but if you ever come across one I'd recommend it.
Fuck yea, best bang for your buck in Ontario, as said before the Pilsner is nice too, I also enjoy their mellow IPA

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #2875 on: February 18, 2016, 02:28:20 PM »
just filled my growler..it came with chocolate-dipped pretzel sticks!

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2876 on: February 18, 2016, 05:01:34 PM »
im going to san diego first week of march, im already eyeing a few breweries to visit, societe and ballast point are at the top of my list followed by modern times, white labs and a few others. id love to get some recommendations from some of the homies here if your willing to share. if any of you want to meet up for a sesh or a beer or maybe even a trade i can try to acquire some goods for you. cheers.

i missed this before.  Societe and Modern Times are both great.  Ballast Point is always good too (even if they sold).  the one in Little Italy is great, and has great food.  if you go to Little Italy also check out Bottlecraft.   are you going to have a car?  some of the best skateparks are North of San Diego.  Oceanside (Prince Park), Carlsbad and Encinitas are all epic and within 15 min or so of each other.  The Carlsbad Pizza Port is a must stop if you're up there.  also in the north region, Port / Lost Abbey.  Encinitas has a new Lost Abbey tasting room.  the original Stone is a must visit if you've never been, but a bit out of the way.  Bagby in Oceanside is pretty good if you happen to skate there.  Oceanside also has a Stone tasting room

Alesmith's new brewery / tasting room is pretty amazing

here's a good guide

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/visiting-san-diego-winter-2016.372021/

depends on where you're staying but you could also look into taking the train to Carlsbad or Oceanside from downtown

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:03:07 PM by floop »
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2877 on: June 24, 2016, 05:25:41 AM »
I need to start posting in this thread more. So many beers and wild beer stories have happened. Also made some sick connections. I also need to check my pms every day. Sorry if I didn't respond. Anyone going to the Trillium Other half collab release? Will pay extra for someone to ship me a 4 pack of cans and the dusk trill dawn bottle. Also if you seek some Grimm I just got a bunch of Lumen.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #2878 on: June 25, 2016, 04:12:08 AM »
It's the middle of winter in the Southern Hemisphere but I'm obsessed with the Anderson Valley Gose - the briney melon in particular. Really hope this style gets given a bit more attention locally and coming into summer. Ideal beach beer.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:19:45 AM by AsianVegan »

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2879 on: June 25, 2016, 03:35:59 PM »
gose is a style i didn't think i would like, on paper, but have really enjoyed the ones i've had.  and yeah, great summer beer

interestingly they usually have some salt in them.  so gose is like a replacement for gatoraid for skateboarding refreshment on a hot day