Author Topic: First person to name who taught Peter Smolik to put lines in his board wins....  (Read 7001 times)

cheep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
the lines are from the fact that shortys used to sell packs with 4 squares of grip, some hardware, and some bushings.  forget what they were called, but alot of pros back in the 90s had the same shit because they rode for shortys.
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

bobjohn

Ari: stop spamming. Mark already asked you, and you've already gotten away with it longer than anyone. If you like the forums I ask that you chill on the griptape stuff... marketing in forums is spam, it's nothing new, and it's rude. Support Slap by buying an ad.

It seems a little late to ask him to calm down with the griptape. It's already gone on this long and Slap has already praised the product. Maybe Slap can do a Paradox "collabo" and release party.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
the lines are from the fact that shortys used to sell packs with 4 squares of grip, some hardware, and some bushings.  forget what they were called, but alot of pros back in the 90s had the same shit because they rode for shortys.

shorty's survival pack. they also had a shorty's "first aid kit" that came in a lil box without the griptape.

My name is Ari Penis-Gold and my penis is also in my mouth.

• Rep: -3658
Ari: stop spamming. Mark already asked you, and you've already gotten away with it longer than anyone. If you like the forums I ask that you chill on the griptape stuff... marketing in forums is spam, it's nothing new, and it's rude. Support Slap by buying an ad.
Grim: sorry about that. Still a little unclear as to what is spam? and what is news? isn't a major pro model news? and isn't a contest to giveaway things usually put out on message boards? I appreciate your guidance on this matter, thank you.
and isn't this a valid subject matter? many pros put lines in their board and until this thread was started, i do not believe the reason for, or the originator of this technique has been fully exasperated or explored. I am buying an ad on SLAP, we are designing it...funny how other grip is now "aware" of this forum as well..i think that could be thought of as in-kind "support". But, seriously, we are working on it...lowcard is just more affordable at the moment...no need to hire flash people...

It seems a little late to ask him to calm down with the griptape. It's already gone on this long and Slap has already praised the product. Maybe Slap can do a Paradox "collabo" and release party.
its only a matter of time
Are you serious about the free pizza?
yes
Expand Quote
you are right..but why?
Expand Quote
Hey Ari did you delete that thread introducing the slices grip that was moved to classifieds? I was looking forward to some discussion on the packaging waste of the boxes and the grip waste from having to cut from 9" squares.
[close]
No worries...Other companies sell squares. This is a professional service to offer pre cut squares, yes it does require more effort to create. But, the current delivery method is a polystyrene bag, encased in a cardboard fold-over hanger, for only one board. That adds up to 20 polystyrene bags and 20 cardboard fold-over hangers going directly to your nearest landfill per box of Paradox--which on the other hand has only the box, enticed to become a collectible, a stash spot, a sticker drawer--something other than another piece of trash.  That was my point in regards to created less trash with this novel delivery method.

im trying to think who the first person i saw doing this but i cant . im gonna say mullen for no reason other then i just woke up and im not thikning right
[close]

SanchoDave

Chris Dobstaff
Toan Nguyen

or Josh Kasper...?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:18:16 AM by SanchoDave »

Nameuser

• Rep: -57
kanten russell?
toan nguyen?
daewon song?
sal barbier?

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
Grim: sorry about that. Still a little unclear as to what is spam?
If you're unclear as to what spam is or isn't, then just forget I mentioned it.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
monkey sold "box of squares" way back when...like in 2000 or something.

i cut grip into squares when i have to grip a 9.5" board and the only grip i stock is 8.5"   

Stinky Wizzleteets

Marcus Wyndham?
Brian Lotti?
Ocean Howell?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2560
Is it the same guy who advised him to lose the hair bleach?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1001
trick question - he taught himself.  i win. 

do me a favor and ship that box of grip tape straight to this address: a fire, in a barrel.

alienlurkshop

• Rep: -32
yes!