Author Topic: NBDs youd like to see, or can think of  (Read 408589 times)

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: NBDs youd like to see, or can think of
« Reply #3060 on: July 06, 2017, 12:21:38 PM »
If it wasn't done on a tiny curb way back when, front board shove-it revert could look pretty slick.
I'm confused...Like a front board shove out with a front 270 thrown in so you roll away fakie?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #3061 on: July 07, 2017, 03:24:03 AM »
Expand Quote
If it wasn't done on a tiny curb way back when, front board shove-it revert could look pretty slick.
[close]
I'm confused...Like a front board shove out with a front 270 thrown in so you roll away fakie?
Yeah exactly. Like you pivot on the front truck in a sort of f/s nollie motion, if that makes sense. Doing it in the air would be dope too.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #3062 on: July 09, 2017, 07:24:11 AM »
Expand Quote
sw inward heel back blunt?
[close]

for what it's worth, the last dude in the japanese video 'on the broad' (fat bros skateshop / FESN, 2007) does a regular stance one mid-part, and it looks amazing the way he catches the board then proceeds to slide on the bluntslide, because he kind of uses the original momentum of the inward heelflip to somehow keep going and get the back truck on by the end of the slide, so it's like an inward heel bluntslide culminating in a b/s 5-0.

can't believe i forgot the name of the skater. maybe happenstance can help. i don't have the dvd with me right now otherwise i would watch it, amazing video. kenji nakahira's opening part is a personal all-time favorite.

anyway, don't think i've ever seen a switch one. that regular one is all i've got

was rewatching overground broadcasting just now, and someone in the last montage does a regular one too - masakazu aiso : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlDo2i_tXIg around the 2:35 mark.

granted it's still not switch, but you get to picture of how your trick would look like.

not sure whether or not the skater in that fat bros video i was mentioning before is the same guy, or if he even ever did the trick at all - maybe i got both videos mixed up as far as that one clip. i'm not certain i did though, and that-one-last-dude-in-on-the-broad's style looks like inward heelflip bluntslide / five-o hybrid would be right up his alley if it's not a part of his repertoire already, i remember that for sure.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #3063 on: July 09, 2017, 01:06:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm having a hard time picturing a hardflip frontside tailslide.
I'm enjoying thinking about a switch fs bigspin to smith

Please someone make this happen

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #3064 on: July 09, 2017, 01:37:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm having a hard time picturing a hardflip frontside tailslide.
I'm enjoying thinking about a switch fs bigspin to smith
[close]

Please someone make this happen

my homie did sw fs bigspin 5-0s, i'll ask him to try doing it into a smith next time we're skating together
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Rein

• Rep: -20
« Reply #3065 on: July 12, 2017, 04:46:56 PM »
Sw fs 270 kickflip to fs board. I think Luan could do it.

Nora9

• Rep: -81
« Reply #3066 on: July 12, 2017, 04:48:58 PM »
nollie flip back smith on a 10+ stair rail

Nora9

« Reply #3067 on: July 12, 2017, 04:49:28 PM »
maybe its been done 100s of times i would have no idea thats what i wanted to see 15 years ago

Nora9

« Reply #3068 on: July 12, 2017, 04:50:26 PM »
bs 270 casper flip to tailslide 270 out

Nora9

« Reply #3069 on: July 12, 2017, 04:52:13 PM »
are casper flips the only flip trick that dont actually flip

marty mcfly

« Reply #3070 on: July 12, 2017, 05:35:00 PM »
Sw fs 270 kickflip to fs board. I think Luan could do it.
He could do sw fs 270 heelflip front board first try (nbd?)

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3071 on: October 07, 2017, 03:42:36 PM »
Backside shifty front 180. Like a front nose pretzel whip, but all in the air.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #3072 on: October 07, 2017, 04:17:45 PM »
Backside shifty front 180. Like a front nose pretzel whip, but all in the air.

Brandon Nguyen does this exact thing in Mark Suciu's Away Days part
(Cool Trick GIF)

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #3073 on: October 07, 2017, 07:14:45 PM »
Backside 270 no comply to front lip a rail.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3074 on: October 08, 2017, 12:40:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sw inward heel back blunt?
[close]

for what it's worth, the last dude in the japanese video 'on the broad' (fat bros skateshop / FESN, 2007) does a regular stance one mid-part, and it looks amazing the way he catches the board then proceeds to slide on the bluntslide, because he kind of uses the original momentum of the inward heelflip to somehow keep going and get the back truck on by the end of the slide, so it's like an inward heel bluntslide culminating in a b/s 5-0.

can't believe i forgot the name of the skater. maybe happenstance can help. i don't have the dvd with me right now otherwise i would watch it, amazing video. kenji nakahira's opening part is a personal all-time favorite.

anyway, don't think i've ever seen a switch one. that regular one is all i've got
[close]

was rewatching overground broadcasting just now, and someone in the last montage does a regular one too - masakazu aiso : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlDo2i_tXIg around the 2:35 mark.

granted it's still not switch, but you get to picture of how your trick would look like.

not sure whether or not the skater in that fat bros video i was mentioning before is the same guy, or if he even ever did the trick at all - maybe i got both videos mixed up as far as that one clip. i'm not certain i did though, and that-one-last-dude-in-on-the-broad's style looks like inward heelflip bluntslide / five-o hybrid would be right up his alley if it's not a part of his repertoire already, i remember that for sure.

FESN recently put that one "On The Broad" section up :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6tM_5pdkyc

turns out it was the same dude, and they re-used the clip in "Overground", oh well. issue solved, not that there really was any to begin with, but that had to be the longest running excuse to post a video part ever, stemming from just one mention of a trick (and the one in the video isn't even the right one)

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3075 on: October 16, 2017, 01:44:58 PM »
has anyone ever seen or done kickflip late shove-it (preferably backside à la Mike Carroll) out of manny ? sounds like something that might have been done (most likely wrong or by Alex Moul) ages ago but i can't recall ever seeing any. and that's coming from someone who used to binge-watch a shitload of videos from 1991-1993 as a kid. just curious !

Larry

• Rep: 8
« Reply #3076 on: October 17, 2017, 03:25:05 AM »
impossible to backside tailslide or fs tail
Just shred some serious gnar.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #3077 on: October 17, 2017, 04:24:33 AM »
on tranny i'd love to see someone do similar to a hurricane but instead of bringing it into a feeble position go all the way over into a smith

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #3078 on: October 17, 2017, 06:19:45 AM »
on tranny i'd love to see someone do similar to a hurricane but instead of bringing it into a feeble position go all the way over into a smith
An alley-oop smith grind? Pretty sure you can find that done a thousand times before the year was 1990.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3079 on: October 17, 2017, 06:45:51 AM »
Yes.....on street it's called a scoliosis.....but maybe you're referring to the in and the out....ie. 270 to fakie smith.....then 270 all the way back around and in regs.....that'd be something.....

I've seen people front 50-50 and turn backside 270 in....maybe I've seen a back pivot turn f/s 270 to forward too.....but never from smith....

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #3080 on: October 17, 2017, 06:59:34 AM »
This isn't an NBD (because it's easy enough that even I can do them on little ledges), but has anyone ever filmed a decent pop shove-it front tail? I don't mean 270 shove either - just so the board only turns 90° and the motion almost looks like a body varial. I can't imagine it looking anything other than stupid but maybe on something high enough it could at least be interesting.
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3081 on: October 18, 2017, 01:06:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
An alley-oop smith grind? Pretty sure you can find that done a thousand times before the year was 1990.

no a hurricane but with a smith grind instead

Yes.....on street it's called a scoliosis.....but maybe you're referring to the in and the out....ie. 270 to fakie smith.....then 270 all the way back around and in regs.....that'd be something.....

I've seen people front 50-50 and turn backside 270 in....maybe I've seen a back pivot turn f/s 270 to forward too.....but never from smith....

thats exactly what i meant thankyou for cohesive reading skills

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #3082 on: October 18, 2017, 01:15:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

no a hurricane but with a smith grind instead

Expand Quote

[close]

thats exactly what i meant thankyou for cohesive reading skills

No you knob you described an alley oop Smith grind, someone else ended with a 270 revert the hard way and you're taking credit for it.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3083 on: October 18, 2017, 01:22:15 PM »
no i literally said similar to a hurricane but with a smith instead

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #3084 on: October 18, 2017, 01:33:14 PM »
no i literally said similar to a hurricane but with a smith instead
So we are in agreement, an alley oop smith. Got it. You over rotate a hurricane into a smith, that's an alley oop smith

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3085 on: October 18, 2017, 01:43:06 PM »
yes and then go back in to reg like you would similar to a hurricane, not to fakie

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #3086 on: October 18, 2017, 01:49:09 PM »
yes and then go back in to reg like you would similar to a hurricane, not to fakie
A hurricane should be brought in regular, otherwise it's a hurricane to fakie. You never said how it should be brought in and it wouldn't make a difference because what you described was an alley oop smith grind. If it brought in regular it's an alley oop smith grind revert the hard way.

PeanutGallery

• Rep: 3
« Reply #3087 on: October 18, 2017, 01:50:05 PM »
Nollie heel to front blunt on a down round rail

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #3088 on: October 18, 2017, 01:53:18 PM »
Backside flip el toro

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3089 on: October 18, 2017, 01:55:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
A hurricane should be brought in regular, otherwise it's a hurricane to fakie. You never said how it should be brought in and it wouldn't make a difference because what you described was an alley oop smith grind. If it brought in regular it's an alley oop smith grind revert the hard way.

i figured the "similar to a hurricane" part would insinuate you're going to rotate back in, the other fella seemed to get it sorry if that got lost in the void. im not disagreeing on the fact its an alley oop smith but the way you phrased it plus the thousand times before 1990 made it sound like alley oop smith going straight back in no rotation - nontheless if someone did do the 270 alley oop smith 270 before 1990 ill eat my proverbial hat