Author Topic: drink of choice  (Read 7300 times)

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
Re: drink of choice
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2006, 11:35:05 AM »
Winter: Scotch, single malt, neat

Summer: Jack and Ginger

Usually it's just beer though, and the darker the better, unless it is stupid hot outside, and then a good wheat beer, unless I am saving money, which I am and then it's whatever.  Non alcoholwise, is water, lemonade, I like that vitamin water too.  Trying to stay away from pop.

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2006, 11:45:09 AM »

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2006, 11:47:35 AM »
For those of us mostly beer drinkers, a question was posed to me by a friend of mine and I really couldn't answer it...

Can you name one beer that is perfect everytime; regardless of weather, regardless of activity, regardless of price, etc?

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2006, 12:58:30 PM »
For those of us mostly beer drinkers, a question was posed to me by a friend of mine and I really couldn't answer it...

Can you name one beer that is perfect everytime; regardless of weather, regardless of activity, regardless of price, etc?

Hoegarrden - everytime all the time, or as we call them "Wee Hoggie treats"

But after i went on the Hoggie diet in Lyon i seriously put on about a stone, that shit's more of a meal than Guiness
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • reptiles
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2006, 01:03:38 PM »
everytime i read one of your posts i think "it's good rain. falls straight down...well slightly to the side."

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2006, 01:06:07 PM »
Ross Somerville and others used to go to the BT carpark comps.

Do you ever skate Kemnay at all? I well need to go there again soon before I start full-time work.

HA - yeah Ross is sick, he tried cheating at his first BT comp by not drinking, but i made him, then he was sick ALLLLL the way home HAHHA, he won 2 comps in a row classic, or maybe it was 3 they get a bit blurry as you can imagine.

He's living in Cornwall now as some surf champ or something, he still fucking rips (so i hear) when he's skating which is rad.

Dunno any of those dudes from Buckie though, or maybe to see, but not there names

Yeah Kemnay's pretty rad, Alford's got a good wee park as well, i'm going to try and organise a "Scottish Bowl" series with Granite Reef in Aberdeen, but it's in the works at the moment, just trying to sort out sponsers and all that pish, but that should be good.

But it's Kemnay's pretty good, too much flat (you'll understand when you see it) other than that it's pretty sick, it's just in the middle of no where so no one really skates it, which is fucked, full time jobs and all that

I did see some of the plans for that park you're getting, can't fuck with the trees i was hearing hahaha, and curbs in front of some of the banks HAHAHA, but as far as i know that's all sorted now

You should come through for the day and skate Westburn (in Aberdeen) and Kemnay, just load a car up and you can do it all in a day and more

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2006, 01:07:21 PM »
everytime i read one of your posts i think "it's good rain. falls straight down...well slightly to the side."

yeah i can't help add a story if that's what you mean force of habit

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2006, 02:46:04 PM »

simie

• Rep: 0
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2006, 03:32:59 PM »
I have skated Kemnay loads like, Alford only the once as it is pretty fooked but thats the challenge in it.

Fuck knows what was up with the original plans of our skatepark, but Andy Dobson sorted it out. Should be getting built next Autumn.

Giz a shout if you get a comp or that sorted, al definitely come through like.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • reptiles
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2006, 03:55:16 PM »

no, it's from braveheart. it's like i can read your brogue (sp?)

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2006, 04:10:20 PM »

no, it's from braveheart. it's like i can read your brogue (sp?)

Ahh right, fuck know about Braveheart hahaha, there is a fucking massive statue of the Wallace pretty near me that's pretty bangin'

Also there's a better wee statue or Rob Roy where he jumped in to the Culter River to evade the English, seriously if you saw it you'd think "FUCK THAT" but then the English did want to chop him up and hurt him quite a bit so i guess i'd have done it, he only got a broke leg out of it too, pretty fucking lucky if you ask me

Wee history lesson in the drinking thread hahaha

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2006, 04:14:35 PM »
I have skated Kemnay loads like, Alford only the once as it is pretty fooked but thats the challenge in it.

Fuck knows what was up with the original plans of our skatepark, but Andy Dobson sorted it out. Should be getting built next Autumn.

Giz a shout if you get a comp or that sorted, al definitely come through like.

Yeah i've seen the plans for what you're getting it's all under control hahaha

But man next time you're in Kemnay shot through to the Deen - we're very welcoming (after the inital bad vibes/bitching/back stabbing/etc. . . )

Just kidding but seriously give me a shout next time you're near the Deen, and i'll let you know about the bowl/skatepark comp thing going on

Ohh there's going to be a Westburn come sometime soon, yeah, i'm "supposed" to be arranging all this pish and have no idea what i'm doing, but hey BT comp's ran for 7 years and they just took a week to hook up hahaha

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2006, 06:06:30 PM »
I used to live in Europe for 5 years total (I moved around) and after drinking there, going out in the states is boring.
Plus it is a fucking rip off.

max power

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2006, 06:41:12 PM »
donnies posts are better if you imagine groundskeeper willy is saying them

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2006, 06:47:17 PM »
^^^^ Nah, he's a bit like Begbie.

sergio

« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2006, 06:50:56 PM »
Ahh Buckie, so you'll know like Mike from ESP and shit then, do you know Cambell, who moved to the Deen, hmm maybe about 3 years ago, God i'm trying to think who i know from Buckie, everyone who left there's and Elgin have been living in the Deen for like 10 years now hahaha

Hmm, i can't remember any of the Elgin kids name or anyone from Buckie hahaha

There used to be a bunch of Elgin heads that would come for the BT comps and i think some Buckie guy's as well, shame that's all over now though

Buckfast???*** nevermind i was thinking of that Tonic wine
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 06:52:58 PM by sergio »

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2006, 07:50:40 AM »
^^^^ Nah, he's a bit like Begbie.

HA - he looks more like Rattary ahhahaha

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2006, 07:54:23 AM »
Ahh Buckie, so you'll know like Mike from ESP and shit then, do you know Cambell, who moved to the Deen, hmm maybe about 3 years ago, God i'm trying to think who i know from Buckie, everyone who left there's and Elgin have been living in the Deen for like 10 years now hahaha

Hmm, i can't remember any of the Elgin kids name or anyone from Buckie hahaha

There used to be a bunch of Elgin heads that would come for the BT comps and i think some Buckie guy's as well, shame that's all over now though

Buckfast???*** nevermind i was thinking of that Tonic wine

Man i can't stand Buckfast, it seriously makes you mental, is it the caffine, the alchol, the chemicals, the monks "special blend", what i don't get it ? ? ?

Ohh yeah there's a fishing village actually called "Buckie"

Just to stop the confusion