Author Topic: Halloween 2  (Read 1345 times)

Crazy Ralph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
Halloween 2
« on: August 28, 2009, 08:59:41 AM »
How many of you have seen this? I'm a huge horror buff and just wanted to know what you guys thought about it? I usually hate remakes, but I thought Rob Zombie's first HALLOWEEN was a pretty sweet new take on the series. I don't know what to think of the new one though. I was entertained as shit the whole time and the kills were pretty original, which I can't complain about, but it was just so out there. It was as if Rob Zombie changed his movie-making style in between part 1 and 2. I don't know, but it was good to see Michael Myers back on the big screen again at least.
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Halloween 2
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:01:52 AM »
well he definitely changed majorly from house of 1000s corpses to devils rejects

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 09:06:11 AM »
ive always liked his style of horror, if you go in knowing what to expect his movies are some of the best/most entertaining horrors of the last few years. you just have to remmember that youre watching a remake of a horror movie directed by rob zombie.. you know to put it in perspective.

also, id like to see him remake halloweenIII they need another shot at that one.

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 09:16:53 AM »
ive always liked his style of horror, if you go in knowing what to expect his movies are some of the best/most entertaining horrors of the last few years. you just have to remmember that youre watching a remake of a horror movie directed by rob zombie.. you know to put it in perspective.

also, id like to see him remake halloweenIII they need another shot at that one.
you're right...i loved devils rejects and his original remake, but this new one just kinda didn't do it for me

starvingrobot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
  • Keep It +
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 11:59:58 AM »
They just announced that Zombie is doing a remake of The Blob.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 02:33:18 PM »
im goin to see it tonight

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 02:34:56 PM »
oh, also heard some one is re-making nightmare on elm st. billy bob thorton is going to be freddy. not sure how i feel about that....

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 02:40:27 PM »
oh, also heard some one is re-making nightmare on elm st. billy bob thorton is going to be freddy. not sure how i feel about that....
haha nah...Jackie Earl Harvey from the Watchmen is playing freddy...comes out next april

SleepyPeePee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 02:48:40 PM »
dont watch Final Destination 3D.
.. i know that sounds bad, but i got in for free, i was drunk, and i left.

fuckin terrible.

as for Halloween, im stoked and want to see this...... for free.
would you rather hear "woo" from the omar salazar pack? i wouldn't. their "yeahs" are genuine, and cool. "yeah" has been the battle cry of skaters for as long as i can remember.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 03:09:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
haha nah...Jackie Earl Harvey from the Watchmen is playing freddy...comes out next april

oh thank god.

starvingrobot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
  • Keep It +
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 03:51:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

oh thank god.

Yeah.  They originally wanted Billy Bob when they were writing the script cause he kind of has the look for it.  Jackie Earl Harvey has the look and the voice for it definitely.  He's just small as fuck, like 5'5, which isn't very intimidating at all.  I'm sure they'll rock some flats on him.  He also signed on to do three Nightmare on Elm St. movies... so yes, there will be three.

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 04:29:37 PM »
I haven't seen it yet, I'm a big fan of his work (his movies I mean) so I'm sure I'll see it soon. Rob Zombie is definitely the best horror director out there right now. you can tell that he's a big fan of the genre, and it shows in his work. I fucking hate the garbage hollywood is passing off as horror movies nowadays.

Nic

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 04:30:46 PM »
They just announced that Zombie is doing a remake of The Blob.

That would be pretty sick actually. I used to love that movie.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 04:46:12 PM »
i thought the first one fuckin' sucked big time, it didn't have any tension and it wasn't suspenseful or anything

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/halloween-2-audio-review
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 09:53:43 PM »
just saw it and uhhhh....its entertaining.

trafficjam

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 10:57:21 PM »
ill give it to zombie, devils rejects was one of the best movies to happen to the horror genre in a long time (though house of 1000 sucked in my opinion). that movie was pure mid-70s-b-movie-exploitation awesome. halloween though wasnt too good. i always liked the mysterious aspect of michael myers, back when he was just "the shape". i only liked the original two halloween flicks, they can be watched back-to-back well. the third one obviously doesnt count as one at all though, and i would only watch any of the following ones (at least 4, 5, and 6) for loomis alone, what a badass that dude was, r.i.p donald pleasance. some characters can be cool without knowing much about them. ill probably see this one though. i would not like to see rob remake the blob though. the blob was already remade in the late 80s (And it was good), does it need a third version with unnecessarily-placed pentagrams and gritty satanic imagery in it? its a fucking blob.

somewhat of a rant, but i figured the remake trend would have died down by now. do we really need a straw dogs remake?

GnArcIsSisTic

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 06:30:54 AM »
can someone explain to me why Halloween 2 is out in August?

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 07:56:52 AM »
ill give it to zombie, devils rejects was one of the best movies to happen to the horror genre in a long time (though house of 1000 sucked in my opinion). that movie was pure mid-70s-b-movie-exploitation awesome. halloween though wasnt too good. i always liked the mysterious aspect of michael myers, back when he was just "the shape". i only liked the original two halloween flicks, they can be watched back-to-back well. the third one obviously doesnt count as one at all though, and i would only watch any of the following ones (at least 4, 5, and 6) for loomis alone, what a badass that dude was, r.i.p donald pleasance. some characters can be cool without knowing much about them. ill probably see this one though. i would not like to see rob remake the blob though. the blob was already remade in the late 80s (And it was good), does it need a third version with unnecessarily-placed pentagrams and gritty satanic imagery in it? its a fucking blob.

somewhat of a rant, but i figured the remake trend would have died down by now. do we really need a straw dogs remake?
well rob zombie is definitely good at what he does, but I agree, no more remakes. I'd love to see him write and direct an original movie like his first two. I loved house of 1000 corpses. just non stop gore and disturbing scenes, how could you not like it? devil's rejects was the superior film though.

trafficjam

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 10:54:04 AM »
im not too sure, its been a couple years since i saw it all the way through. i like the gas station scene in the beginning with captain spaulding (he reminds me of one of my dads friends, i think he reminds everybody of one of their dads friends) and some of the real real weird shit like the half-human-half-fish merman sculpture. it just seemed like he made an effort to give it a 70s feel, but it didnt work too well; the movie just doesnt feel that way. in devils rejects, there are many scenes where i can watch it and say to myself, "woah, this reminds me of that scene in ___". it shows that rob zombie brushed up on some old films. thats why i do happen to like eli roth these days; at first i really couldnt stand the dude and his gelled-up-made-for-2001-needs-frosted-tips hair. but you can really tell in his movies and just how he talks about them that he really is a horror geek. he's a buff about that shit, and if quentin backs him, i dont see a reason for anybody else not to.

ok i went off topic, zombie is tight though. ill probably see h2 tonight. they should bring back ll cool j and busta rhyme

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »
I guess it WAS his first film, and he definitely perfected his visions as a director with devil's rejects, but it's still a great movie. the scene with otis and that one girl, when she just wakes up, and there's all these dead cheerleaders around was amazing. you should give it another watch. very entertaining.

eli roth is alright, you can tell he's a fan of horror movies, but I don't see what's SO good about him. cabin fever was good (not great), I liked hostel to an extent as well (I was really baked the 2 times I saw it, don't remember much about it) but I never saw hostel 2.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 12:22:38 PM »
I guess it WAS his first film, and he definitely perfected his visions as a director with devil's rejects, but it's still a great movie. the scene with otis and that one girl, when she just wakes up, and there's all these dead cheerleaders around was amazing. you should give it another watch. very entertaining.

eli roth is alright, you can tell he's a fan of horror movies, but I don't see what's SO good about him. cabin fever was good (not great), I liked hostel to an extent as well (I was really baked the 2 times I saw it, don't remember much about it) but I never saw hostel 2.

i might sound gay saying this but i thought hostel was focused to much around boobies. i watched it after staying up all night and at that point i was in the mood for some jerks getting cut up into little pieces. hostel two was better i thought though.

tanhoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 01:18:47 PM »
hostel two sucked. the first one was a bit better. the second one seemed like he was trying to make a really "bad cliche part two movie." everything about it was bad.

i want to see the new halloween.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 07:18:08 PM »
im not a big fan of modern horror movies, unless there is something unique to the story. the plot in the hills have eyes of mutated folk getting their revenge was definitely entertaining, and the movie itself was all-around gnarly. Wolf Creek was the most realistic horror movie i have ever seen. That was scary on all kinds of levels.

Gold Toof

• Rep: 2
  • Gold Tooth, nothing but the truth.
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 07:43:33 PM »
Wolf Creek was the most realistic horror movie i have ever seen. That was scary on all kinds of levels.

I bought that movie 3 years ago and I still haven't watched it.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 07:45:56 PM »
its worth a watch, but you will either love it or hate it

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 12:32:19 AM »
i thought wolf creek was awesome, but I can't (at the moment) forget how it ends. I remember most of the scenes but I'm pretty drunk right now. from what I can remember it was a very entertaining movie.

ps. just about to watch "my bloody valentine" remake for the first time. hopefully it's as good as the original. I remember watching the 1981 version as a kid and just loving it. but knowing hollywood these days it will be a total let down.