Author Topic: GQ article about gov't-sponsored Russian terrorism censored by Condé Nast  (Read 738 times)

Commercial D

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Why 'GQ' Doesn't Want Russians To Read Its Story
David Folkenflik, NPR

September 4, 2009

For war journalist Scott Anderson, the most confounding part of his recent assignment for GQ magazine to explore the root of terrorist acts in Russia a decade ago wasn't the suggestion of treachery and subterfuge he found.
It was the reception his story ultimately received in the United States.

"It was quite mysterious to me," Anderson says. "All of a sudden, it became clear that they were going to run the article but they were going to try to bury it under a rock as much as they possibly could."

Anderson, 50, is an accomplished reporter and novelist who has written previously for Harper's Magazine, The New York Times Magazine, and Vanity Fair.

His investigative piece, published in the September American edition of GQ, challenges the official line on a series of bombings that killed hundreds of people in 1999 in Russia. It profiles a former KGB agent who spoke in great detail and on the record, at no small risk to himself. But instead of trumpeting his reporting, GQ's corporate owners went to extraordinary lengths to try to ensure no Russians will ever see it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 09:20:24 AM by Commercial D »
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: GQ article about gov't-sponsored Russian terrorism censored by Condé Nast
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 12:39:52 PM »
Why 'GQ' Doesn't Want Russians To Read Its Story
David Folkenflik, NPR

September 4, 2009

For war journalist Scott Anderson, the most confounding part of his recent assignment for GQ magazine to explore the root of terrorist acts in Russia a decade ago wasn't the suggestion of treachery and subterfuge he found.
It was the reception his story ultimately received in the United States.

"It was quite mysterious to me," Anderson says. "All of a sudden, it became clear that they were going to run the article but they were going to try to bury it under a rock as much as they possibly could."

Anderson, 50, is an accomplished reporter and novelist who has written previously for Harper's Magazine, The New York Times Magazine, and Vanity Fair.

His investigative piece, published in the September American edition of GQ, challenges the official line on a series of bombings that killed hundreds of people in 1999 in Russia. It profiles a former KGB agent who spoke in great detail and on the record, at no small risk to himself. But instead of trumpeting his reporting, GQ's corporate owners went to extraordinary lengths to try to ensure no Russians will ever see it.

I see what you are alluding to, gulf of tonkin, Reichstag fire etc.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 03:01:01 PM »
girls that work at condé nast are condescending and nasty

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 06:13:24 PM »
Dear God....

If you assign numbers to the letters G and Q according to their position in the alphabet, you get the numbers 7 and 17 respectively. What do you get when you subtract 7 from 17? That's right, 10. 10 is between what two numbers? Yep, 9 and 11. 9, 11. 9-11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben Throttle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 06:54:01 PM »
I wonder who would be sponsored by the government in skateboarding. Austin Seaholmez?
i thought i was the only one who bruised people with my cum, save it up for about two weeks and release the blast.