Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 368915 times)

grimcity

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2009, 09:49:33 AM »
damn, shannon may.  he was the shit.
He still is! We have another friend named "Babykilla" and when he and Shannon start acting stupid, it's impossible to not laugh until you're in pain. Shannon's great... sick pics diobolik... also, sick grips Randozzi... the foot is amazing!

Got the first one from Jim, the second from Mic E, and the third was a limited run for a fallen skater here... the graphic was used on an Actions Realized 8", but this is one of 40 Ace of Spades models we got at our shop, because that's what Mike himself would've ridden:

A Ray Barbee (not a remake) with Gullwings and T Bones... I don't ride this board hard because the wood is sensitive... it still pops, but it's really dried out and splinters out weird. The longboard was a gift that I've had for ages... it's on 65mm Kryptos, and the Zagger's on Thunders and Softers. The Roskopp in the back is skateable, just not set up.

Mr. DNA

« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2009, 10:00:03 AM »
I already put this up a few days ago, but here is the one I cut out of an old deck...

The board with all the stickers was like a 36" Powell. I rode it miles upon miles. It was my bar board for a long time. I won a board off a Thrasher website trivia question in like 2001. The board was too small for me so I took it to the skateshop and my friend let me trade it on for whatever I wanted So I got the big cruiser.  I retired it last year and got another of the same model. Yes, I could ollie on it. The Deathbox board I bought for my normal board, but I realized it was super flat and horrible to a regular riding board. I set it up as a cruiser and then user the parts for other boards. It is still in good condition in my attic.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »
I already put this up a few days ago, but here is the one I cut out of an old deck...

That's super good... it's like a little hotrod.

Mr. DNA

« Reply #123 on: December 24, 2009, 10:22:21 AM »
Originally, I was going to call it the Kip Winger and paint a Winger logo on it. At the time I was reading a book on the history of Country music and I was really into the Leadbelly song "When I was a Cowboy" so I went with a Western motif. Later, I saw that almost made a Zip Zinger rip off called the Kip Winger.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #124 on: December 24, 2009, 10:25:06 AM »
Ha, one of my best friends and I designed what we figure must have been the first internally lit keyboards (like Macs and some higher end ones). We were kids and didn't know shit about patents or anything though.

Mr. DNA

« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2009, 10:30:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure that in high school I invented the Primus mullet. Shaved on the sides and back, pulled into a ponytail.

Randozzi

« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2009, 11:35:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
looks fun as hell. what's up with the 2 inch bolts though?

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2009, 12:10:43 PM »
I found the same Zinger I had previously. That one ended up getting run over, so I'll just pretend its the same one.

Mr. DNA

« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2009, 12:20:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
looks fun as hell. what's up with the 2 inch bolts though?

I must have had them for some big ass risers, I guess.

Mr. DNA

« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2009, 12:20:54 PM »
I found the same Zinger I had previously. That one ended up getting run over, so I'll just pretend its the same one.

Did you bury it on the Pet Cemetery?

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »

wish i had the orange zinger wheels on mine, had to settle for the blue 58mm. after i take in my christmas haul i might spring for these...

Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2009, 01:09:44 PM »
im torn between the spit 80's and the krooked wheels. someone please come to my rescue!!! i'll be in the corner crying in the puddle of my own shame urine

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2009, 01:14:02 PM »
im torn between the spit 80's and the krooked wheels. someone please come to my rescue!!! i'll be in the corner crying in the puddle of my own shame urine

depends on your preferences, from what i can tell the krooked cutters and the spitfire 80d's are the same shape but the cutters are wider. the zinger wheels are more square as opposed to rounded on the edges, but their all 80d and awesome. also depends on what color you would want if any...

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2009, 01:20:28 PM »
ok cool thank you. lemme find a tissue.....come on upgrayedd.....keep it together....

-grim

Smurph

• Rep: 30
« Reply #134 on: December 24, 2009, 01:40:44 PM »
I've had Independent stage nine trucks for a while now and I've been thinking about creating my very own cruiser. As my local shop doesn't really have any 'cruiser' boards as such, I'm looking at one's online. Basically I want to get a deluxe one but it seems all the cruiser boards krooked/anti hero make are bigger or smaller than 8 inches. Would an 8.5 be too big for my 8 inch trucks?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 01:51:07 PM by Smurph »

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #135 on: December 24, 2009, 01:49:17 PM »
if you can find it, the krooked ben schroeder guest board is a 7.8

-grim

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2009, 02:28:16 PM »
I've had Independent stage nine trucks for a while now and I've been thinking about creating my very own cruiser. As my local shop doesn't really have any 'cruiser' boards as such, I'm looking at one's online. Basically I want to get a deluxe one but it seems all the cruiser boards krooked/anti hero make are bigger or smaller than 8 inches. Would an 8.5 be too big for my 8 inch trucks?
if you can find it, the krooked ben schroeder guest board is a 7.8

http://www.warehouseskateboards.com/product.asp?item=1DKRKSHRGU78100&class=1D&brand=KRK

Smurph

• Rep: 30
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2009, 03:03:43 PM »
Thanks, but I'd prefer something bigger. Which part of the 'cruiser' is taken as the size if the width fluctuates throughout?

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: December 24, 2009, 03:07:08 PM »
I pretty sure just the widest point on the board. correct me if im wrong anyone...

palmtree123

• Rep: -4
« Reply #139 on: December 24, 2009, 05:38:00 PM »
i have the real cruiser board, the blue dompierre one.it has indy 139s and the wheels are only 55's.
i dont know how to post images but i have some old footage skating it.
im the kid in the blue SLAP(omgg!!) baseball-t, and im riding the realcustomcruiser because it was all i had to skate that week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFojEBNDpgs

keep in mind this little tage thing(along with all other posts on that channel) is meant to be a joke, so dont mind the song/editing/skating, its not serious.t

i also have some shitty little cruiserboard i found up the street from wsvt. it has cheetah griptape and the bottom says something about staying meth free with all these signatures everywhere. it also has royal trucks which are rusted into the tightest position possiblem and some blue gum wheels sized about 65. i tried to make it into a somewhat legitmate cruiser recently. I sharpied the griptape until the sharpie ran out(leaving about half the grip cheetah, the other half choppy black). unfortunately, the bolts were soo rusted and stripped that i couldnt take off the trucks no matter how hard i tried. needless to say i failed, now i just skate it when its raining outside.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #140 on: December 24, 2009, 06:44:46 PM »
We have one of those Dompierre's at the shop... sick ass board for sure. It looks pretty versatile, plus it's just clean as hell.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #141 on: December 24, 2009, 07:29:56 PM »
so the dompierre is a pretty good bet? i havent decided between that and the ben schroeder deck from krooked.

-grim

LIVEfromthe3one5

• Rep: 11
    • East Coast Raw avatar image
« Reply #142 on: December 24, 2009, 08:48:48 PM »
My cruiser, a Powell Ray Barbee remake( I bought it because it was 1 of Cliver's first graphics on Powell & he autographed my copy of the first Disposable with my name, hand numbered of books in the printing and a sketch of the Ragdoll, what can I say I'm a huge Cliver fan, just as much as McKee) so I wanted to rock his art work, ten inches wide, pure awesomeness, 58mm i think OJ III's on it with 10 inch Indys with medium bones hardcore bushings and china reds. Only difference is now this beast has rails on it and skid marks all over the tail and the small section the was considered a nose. I love it though, Hill bombing is the shit on this hog of a deck
"We get the boosters boosting,we get computers putin,you get shot at,call me I'll do the shooting,I do the recruiting, I tutor the students, I nurture they brain, We moving the Movement!"
http://cornerstorebodega.tumblr.com/

-N.S.S.P-

palmtree123

• Rep: -4
« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2009, 08:57:59 PM »
so the dompierre is a pretty good bet? i havent decided between that and the ben schroeder deck from krooked.
yea it's good, but to be honest with you it feels more like my regular board than a cruiser.
when i got it i chose it over the drehobl cruiser and i'm regretting it ever since.

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2009, 09:42:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yea it's good, but to be honest with you it feels more like my regular board than a cruiser.
when i got it i chose it over the drehobl cruiser and i'm regretting it ever since.

someone snagged the drehobl right in front of my eyes as I walked into the shop to buy it, i was so bummed at the time. still way stoked on the zinger setup i picked out though...

theskatereptile

« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2009, 11:55:42 PM »
i have the real cruiser board, the blue dompierre one.it has indy 139s and the wheels are only 55's.
i dont know how to post images but i have some old footage skating it.
im the kid in the blue SLAP(omgg!!) baseball-t, and im riding the realcustomcruiser because it was all i had to skate that week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFojEBNDpgs

keep in mind this little tage thing(along with all other posts on that channel) is meant to be a joke, so dont mind the song/editing/skating, its not serious.t

i also have some shitty little cruiserboard i found up the street from wsvt. it has cheetah griptape and the bottom says something about staying meth free with all these signatures everywhere. it also has royal trucks which are rusted into the tightest position possiblem and some blue gum wheels sized about 65. i tried to make it into a somewhat legitmate cruiser recently. I sharpied the griptape until the sharpie ran out(leaving about half the grip cheetah, the other half choppy black). unfortunately, the bolts were soo rusted and stripped that i couldnt take off the trucks no matter how hard i tried. needless to say i failed, now i just skate it when its raining outside.

good song choice

Steve French

• Rep: -9
« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2009, 08:49:19 AM »
Santa brought me this one..Deathwish 40 with 139 indys and spitfire 58 parkburners.

spare change

« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2009, 08:58:13 AM »
that board looks too fucking awesome

Eric Sparrow

• Rep: -1
« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2009, 09:00:49 AM »
iv had the riprider for almost a year now and its soo fucking fast. the deck is made out of some really strong plastic so it will last forever. there a video on strangenotes of apples doing a laserflip on it.

Baby Rabies

« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2009, 10:17:41 AM »
Christ, how in the fuck do you laser flip a board like that? Nuts.