Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 368980 times)

babybonus

Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #210 on: March 01, 2010, 12:47:11 AM »
The bigger santa cruz soft wheels I have are good, but I think I would have gone with something different now that ive been shredding them. They are amazing for riding around the city, super fast and smooth. But sometimes you feel like trying a 3 flip or something and with the risers and large wheels and gets pretty heavy to whip that thing around. I suggest getting a happy medium....something maybe like upper 50's in size and soft, if you start going too big it just lowers your possibilities i find, or makes it harder atleast.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #211 on: March 01, 2010, 01:57:55 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Kirtap

• Rep: 15
« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2010, 03:20:30 AM »
Sorry about the crappy iPhone-pics.

The wheels are pink, not orange-ish.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #213 on: March 01, 2010, 04:21:14 AM »
Recommendations for big soft wheels? I plan on setting a Zip Zinger up this coming spring, might even buy some real Swiss bearings too. I wanna race, go fast and potentially kill myself on one of these rigs.

I have 57mm Spitfire 80's, they come in a variety of sizes and I have no complaints. 57 doesn't even sound that big, but compared to <52mm 100 duro wheels the difference in the ride quality was incredible. I've also heard a lot of people like the Zip Zinger wheels.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

jakep

• Rep: 1
« Reply #214 on: March 01, 2010, 05:46:19 AM »

Had this for a few months, pretty cheap and made by a relatively unknown brand, but for what I use it for(cruising) its amazing. Real fast,soft, big ass wheels.

raul

« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2010, 07:03:44 AM »

That looks like it's from the Familia series The Firm made about 8 years ago. I always wanted one.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2010, 09:26:10 AM »
Do you guys actually skate your cruisers? I just roll around on mine, I don't have the heart to actually do tricks on it.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2010, 11:09:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That looks like it's from the Familia series The Firm made about 8 years ago. I always wanted one.

It's actually a nomad deck
http://www.fillow.net/product/326/s09_015950/eng/nomad-deck-cruiser-anthony-claravall-75.html
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

qwertypoiuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2010, 12:06:13 PM »

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:08:23 PM by qwertypoiuy »

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #219 on: March 01, 2010, 03:24:27 PM »
[imghttp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/yourboymig/Photoon2010-03-01at1828.jpg[/img]http://

Local company cruiser blacked out...some mix and match old trucks...bones softcore 55mm with bones swiss...and my dumbass roommate
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

niclopse

• Rep: -38
  • Reaching for the Light
    • Adaptoids CBD Vitamins avatar image
« Reply #220 on: March 01, 2010, 03:53:21 PM »

zero rattray cruiser is the best shaped cruiser I've ever stepped on. matched with some ancient indies big soft satori wheels and ceramic bearings.. it pretty much rules.

Instagram: @niclopse

kevbo999

« Reply #221 on: March 01, 2010, 04:01:45 PM »
You have 5 regular setups?

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
« Reply #222 on: March 01, 2010, 04:53:02 PM »

zero rattray cruiser is the best shaped cruiser I've ever stepped on. matched with some ancient indies big soft satori wheels and ceramic bearings.. it pretty much rules.

That is a sick ass holder. My buddy has damn near the same set up, but only 2 boards high and it's in his trunk.

raul

« Reply #223 on: March 01, 2010, 06:07:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

http://www.fillow.net/product/326/s09_015950/eng/nomad-deck-cruiser-anthony-claravall-75.html

Oh I know it's not The Firm, just commenting on the likeness & the fact that I'm jealous of you.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2010, 06:16:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh I know it's not The Firm, just commenting on the likeness & the fact that I'm jealous of you.
graphic reminds me of men in black 1, when those alien are pouring in the HQ for tommy lee jones

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2010, 08:06:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Recommendations for big soft wheels? I plan on setting a Zip Zinger up this coming spring, might even buy some real Swiss bearings too. I wanna race, go fast and potentially kill myself on one of these rigs.
[close]

I have 57mm Spitfire 80's, they come in a variety of sizes and I have no complaints. 57 doesn't even sound that big, but compared to <52mm 100 duro wheels the difference in the ride quality was incredible. I've also heard a lot of people like the Zip Zinger wheels.

i have 58 mm 80d's and i am very happy with them.

sweet pee

• Rep: 124
« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2010, 02:00:26 PM »
If you're looking for speed, I would recommend getting a set of the 60mm spitfire classics (99 duro). I have them on my cruiser setup right now, and they seem to be considerably faster than the softer durometer wheels.

I tried out a set of the zip zinger soft wheels and though they felt amazingly cushy and quiet,  I missed being able to powerslide without the fear of getting pitched.

Good bearings are essential too. Throw some bones swiss in there and you will definitely feel the difference.

But for filming or cruising around on shitty streets, I would definitely go with the Zip Zingers or Spitfire 80Ds.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2010, 02:21:02 PM »
Check out this Santa Cruz one:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #228 on: March 05, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »
intend on hooking this up with some fancy truck/wheel combo soon

already gripped' it up

stoked I'm not the only one skating their Grosso board, I just think I'd personally get a lot more out of it riding it vs. looking at it, and I doubt Grosso would frown upon that sentiment, and I definitely don't give a shit to keep it pristine and sell it to a future eccentric wealthy Sleezy or Grimcity
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2010, 08:45:17 PM »

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #230 on: March 05, 2010, 10:25:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

i thought the same thing when i saw that.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »
Check out this Santa Cruz one:

They only made 300 of these?  WTF.  I want one, but I"m not going to pay some idiotic price because they limited production.  Fuck it, I'll stick to the cruiser I have.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2010, 12:23:15 AM »
I just got my first ever cruiser yesterday, the Janoski cork top. So now I'm just waiting for the spring to come around.

The thing is, I don't have any old trucks etc lying around, I always give it away, I don't want shit to pile up around the house. But now I need to get trucks and wheels for the cruiser. Wheels; I'll get something big and soft but what about trucks? I think the board is 7.75 at the widest point so my Thunder 147's will probably do but if I buy new shit, I might as well look into suggestions that people with cruiser experiece have.

So stick with what I know I like (thunder 147's) or is there something more suitable for this?

Nameuser

• Rep: -57
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2010, 06:10:32 AM »
I just got my first ever cruiser yesterday, the Janoski cork top. So now I'm just waiting for the spring to come around.

The thing is, I don't have any old trucks etc lying around, I always give it away, I don't want shit to pile up around the house. But now I need to get trucks and wheels for the cruiser. Wheels; I'll get something big and soft but what about trucks? I think the board is 7.75 at the widest point so my Thunder 147's will probably do but if I buy new shit, I might as well look into suggestions that people with cruiser experiece have.

So stick with what I know I like (thunder 147's) or is there something more suitable for this?

My personal recommendation is:

Spitfire Classic 80D 56 or 58mm

Ace High 22s (7.75 width)

Soft Bones Bushings

This would result in a retardedly fun cruiser.

DevinSB

• Rep: -11
    • mywaste avatar image
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2010, 05:22:31 PM »
just bought a blockhead hardtimes with indy 149s powell peralta 59mm with bone swiss bearings for $25 from a friend. i love when my friends do dumb shit.

dino conflict

• Rep: 13
« Reply #235 on: March 08, 2010, 12:14:53 PM »

Has anyone tested the cork top cruisers. I just want someone to vouch for there longevity before I purchase one. Like does the cork end up flaking off or is it grippy enough to cruise the streets?

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #236 on: March 08, 2010, 09:08:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Has anyone tested the cork top cruisers. I just want someone to vouch for there longevity before I purchase one. Like does the cork end up flaking off or is it grippy enough to cruise the streets?

I haven't ridden one, but I recall it said something on the deck like "Please don't grip this board at least until the cork wears off" so my guess would be that it doesn't hold up as well as regular griptape.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

angryfacedman

« Reply #237 on: March 09, 2010, 12:27:12 PM »
Just got this:

Never had a cruiser, so I'm stoked as fuck!

CeeyMar

« Reply #238 on: March 14, 2010, 05:35:41 PM »
just sent out an order for this

gabekehoe

• Rep: 0
    • St. Losers avatar image
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2010, 06:41:44 PM »
 ;D