Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 368898 times)

marginal way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #510 on: March 29, 2011, 11:06:50 AM »
ditch the cupwashers. at least the bottom one. and i've found it hard to use an xacto knife to shave down bushings. i just rub them on some roughish ground to shave 'em down a bit.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

Basingstoke

• Rep: 29
« Reply #511 on: March 29, 2011, 12:05:35 PM »
 I have Bones Street Rats on my cruiser and if at high speed I ride over an uneven paving slab sometimes it feels as if the board is going to shoot out from underneath me, could this be due to the fact that the wheels aren't a symmetrical riding profile ?

marginal way

• making it happen
« Reply #512 on: March 29, 2011, 08:43:03 PM »
just set this up today... its shaped exactly like a zipzinger, but it has pretty horsies on it.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...

marginal way

• making it happen
« Reply #513 on: March 29, 2011, 08:43:40 PM »
attachment limit double post.

dino conflict

• Rep: 13
« Reply #514 on: April 02, 2011, 11:41:46 AM »

Foundation Snakersnacker 8.5
Theeve Tony Hawk special Trucks (took off the "TH" logo with nail polish remover)
Krooked Kutters 60mm
Bones Reds specials

off to the liquor store on my psychedelic ride

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #515 on: April 04, 2011, 05:40:04 PM »
i want a cruiser so bad

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #516 on: April 04, 2011, 05:43:49 PM »
i want a cruiser so bad
Go buy one then.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #517 on: April 04, 2011, 11:41:25 PM »
@idealhandmades

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #518 on: April 07, 2011, 05:15:24 PM »
last time i tried i fucked up and cut my arm open

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #519 on: April 08, 2011, 01:26:29 AM »
last time i tried i fucked up and cut my arm open

dude, you shouldnt use a kitchen-knife for doing that.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #520 on: June 13, 2011, 04:35:15 AM »
got a new cruiser this week, so hyped on it

149's
80D's
Super reds

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #521 on: June 13, 2011, 04:47:38 AM »

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #522 on: June 13, 2011, 08:44:12 AM »
i think im gonna get a cruiser instead of an actuall board when i start back up again

Basingstoke

« Reply #523 on: June 13, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
Hey pica! is that Gonz/Cliche cruiser the one with fibreglass on/in it?

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #524 on: June 13, 2011, 01:42:29 PM »
yeah, fiberglass bottom and bamboo top ply.

penguin meat

« Reply #525 on: June 13, 2011, 10:34:28 PM »

Foundation Snakersnacker 8.5
Theeve Tony Hawk special Trucks (took off the "TH" logo with nail polish remover)
Krooked Kutters 60mm
Bones Reds specials

off to the liquor store on my psychedelic ride

Damn I could have sworn that this was Crazyralph based on the picture of the board and feet and the fact that you went to a liquor store with it. We'll, I'm disappointed now that I may never have a chance to glide on a cruiser of this caliber.

Wh0l3

« Reply #526 on: June 14, 2011, 09:07:18 AM »
i think im gonna get a cruiser instead of an actuall board when i start back up again

I wouldn't reccomend that, I had to ride a Zig Zagger for a while when I couldn't afford a normal deck and it was really frustrating to skate. Hard to flip and hard to spin (although the spinning was probably because of the huge trucks I had on it). Just get a big Creature or something.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #527 on: June 14, 2011, 10:42:49 AM »
i think cruisers are way more fun when they're smaller (as in a zinger instead of a zagger). otherwise, you're dipping your toes into longboard waters, and fuck that hippy noise.
@idealhandmades

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #528 on: June 14, 2011, 11:24:42 AM »
i think cruisers are way more fun when they're smaller (as in a zinger instead of a zagger). otherwise, you're dipping your toes into longboard waters, and fuck that hippy noise.

fuck that statement, the zagger is nowhere near longboard waters. every normal trick that can be done on a skateboard can be done on a zagger

Basingstoke

« Reply #529 on: June 14, 2011, 11:28:03 AM »

Sounds tasty, does it have any effect on the way it rides?

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #530 on: June 14, 2011, 12:28:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

fuck that statement, the zagger is nowhere near longboard waters. every normal trick that can be done on a skateboard can be done on a zagger
yeah, isn't the zagger just an 8.5? That's pretty much my preferred width. if it were 50" long, then maybe I'd see your point.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #531 on: June 14, 2011, 12:47:08 PM »
heyheyhey, settle down now. yeah zaggers are 8.5 wide, not sure on the length but i seem to remember them being maybe somewhere in the 34 range or something. I didn't say nothing about not being able to do tricks on them or anything like that, I was just responding to Wh013's post about his frustrations in the past with his zagger, by stating my personal oppinion about how fun little cruisers can be. the hippy/longboard comment was more directed to the seemingly booming market of cruisers boards that are seemingly becoming more and more long and wide, thus heavy and lame. Zaggers are still well within what I find to be a fun cruiser, though I'd rather take a Zinger instead.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 01:30:51 PM by sweatercuff »
@idealhandmades

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #532 on: June 14, 2011, 01:06:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds tasty, does it have any effect on the way it rides?
nah, not at all. if you slide it it scratches through the fiberglass ply to the next wooden ply pretty fast. it may start peeling off on the edges where you pop some day, hard to tell by now. the cliche banana cruiser has the exact same shape, only without the fiberglass but with the bamboo ply as well.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #533 on: June 16, 2011, 07:15:37 AM »
had trucks and wheels from my old cruiser so I thought I might as well get a zinger too. the trucks are fucking heavy for that little board though so I might have to get some indy 129's

Wh0l3

« Reply #534 on: June 16, 2011, 08:11:04 AM »
heyheyhey, settle down now. yeah zaggers are 8.5 wide, not sure on the length but i seem to remember them being maybe somewhere in the 34 range or something. I didn't say nothing about not being able to do tricks on them or anything like that, I was just responding to Wh013's post about his frustrations in the past with his zagger, by stating my personal oppinion about how fun little cruisers can be. the hippy/longboard comment was more directed to the seemingly booming market of cruisers boards that are seemingly becoming more and more long and wide, thus heavy and lame. Zaggers are still well within what I find to be a fun cruiser, though I'd rather take a Zinger instead.

The Zig Zagger is like 32.8" long, the same as a normal deck. I would just get an 8.5 krooked instead, it's the same wood, just cut in a more usable shape. I was hyped on the whole cruiser thing because they look cool until I actually had to skate mine as my normal set up. Also the holes for the trucks are close together, more so than a normal deck which, in conjunction with the obnoxiously large tail, resulted in landing on the tail on almost every time. (also note i'm 6'5" with long ass legs so it's more of a problem because I'm heavy and need more space between my legs to stay balanced.)

The novelty of a Zig Zagger and similar wide cruiser decks wears off after not too long. It's makes much more sense to just buy a large setup, even if you don't plan to skate it as it will cruise just the same.

just my $.02...I'm probably not gonna buy a cruiser shaped deck again.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #535 on: June 16, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Zig Zagger is like 32.8" long, the same as a normal deck. I would just get an 8.5 krooked instead, it's the same wood, just cut in a more usable shape. I was hyped on the whole cruiser thing because they look cool until I actually had to skate mine as my normal set up. Also the holes for the trucks are close together, more so than a normal deck which, in conjunction with the obnoxiously large tail, resulted in landing on the tail on almost every time. (also note i'm 6'5" with long ass legs so it's more of a problem because I'm heavy and need more space between my legs to stay balanced.)

The novelty of a Zig Zagger and similar wide cruiser decks wears off after not too long. It's makes much more sense to just buy a large setup, even if you don't plan to skate it as it will cruise just the same.

just my $.02...I'm probably not gonna buy a cruiser shaped deck again.
I know your pain, I'm 6'3" and it's kind of a bitch finding a deck that feels "natural" I've never had a cruiser board but from what you just said I feel like I would land on the tail constantly, and inevitably snap the tail off prematurely.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #536 on: June 18, 2011, 04:20:36 PM »

Ricky Winsor - Assault board 9" wide punk point

Ace 44 (sacto loose)

Krooked kruisers 55mm

bones red

The top sticker that looks like Slayer, says Vegan in the slayer font, thought that was bad ass so I put it on top.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #537 on: June 19, 2011, 06:46:34 AM »
the word is "wheelbase"

-----------------

vegan shawn that board is great, simply due to it having a map of the correct state on the graphic.

also

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #538 on: June 19, 2011, 12:47:37 PM »
My wife and I carry those t shirts at our vegan shop.

icybear187

• Rep: -48
« Reply #539 on: June 22, 2011, 03:16:57 PM »

Girl Olson Powerslide 2 Natas
169's
64mm Teenage Runaway Stay Pufft