Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 369913 times)

Upgrayedd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #600 on: July 15, 2011, 12:13:01 PM »
thats dope as fuck

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #601 on: July 15, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »
best thing to do with years of pointless sticker hording.

BeardyBeard

• Rep: 1
« Reply #602 on: July 15, 2011, 02:36:58 PM »
my new setup...

5boro crush you 8"
fury 4.5
cadillac wheels 56mm
dollar store doormat

BTW, this thread should be sticky'ed

I salute your carpet grip-job, sir. Well done.

BeardyBeard

• Rep: 1
« Reply #603 on: July 15, 2011, 02:50:40 PM »

Adams Punk Point
Rat Bones 85A
Venture 5.0 Hi's w/ .5 inch risers

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #604 on: July 15, 2011, 11:50:24 PM »
Set this up a few months a go. Hyped on it. I got Satori Goo Balls 59mm, really soft with some 139 Indy's a long with some shitty $10 mini logo bearings. I also use the Krooked Risers on it.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

swllbo

• Rep: 13
« Reply #605 on: July 16, 2011, 11:33:45 PM »
Scored this today while helping clean out the shop that is closing....Bittersweet.
Anti Hero longboard/crusier
Cargo trucks  ::)
Just needs some nice soft wheels,bearings,and a new grip job, and it will be good to go.
Might even try the carpet grip with this one.

G.Lewis

« Reply #606 on: July 17, 2011, 01:40:17 AM »

Cold War "The Nuke"
65mm Krypto
Indy 146
Swiss

This thing is great.  It's a tad over 8" at it's widest and has a 14.25 wheelbase.  This one is old, so it's the original MM wood made in PDX, Oregon.

MrMello

• Rep: 8
« Reply #607 on: August 02, 2011, 02:03:42 PM »
Had an old board without grip so though id try the carpet grip idea out.

7.5 board
129 indys
54mm ricta clouds

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #608 on: August 02, 2011, 08:48:48 PM »

Krooked Zip Zinger
Ace 33's with Bones blue bushings
65mm Road Riders
Bones Reds
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #609 on: August 05, 2011, 12:43:45 AM »
I'm doing my head in about wheels.  Got some Indy 149s for my Zig Zagger, and i'm stoked asides from making the board way heavier.  But i'm riding 54mm Spitfire Classics, and whilst they're good they're kind of annoying on the rough roads, but I want to keep the feel of a regular skateboard, or at least a semblance of one.  I'm thinking of OJs or Bones ATF, but i'm not sure.  I used to LOVE OJs as a kid, and remember them sliding really well, but who knows what I was thinking back then. 

aojiru

• Rep: 0
« Reply #610 on: August 05, 2011, 01:34:08 AM »
Satori makes some 54mm soft wheels but after my bad experience with 58mm Zip Zinger wheels, I'm extra skeptical about soft wheels under 60mm.

That one video with Brent Atchley makes me want to get them though.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #611 on: August 05, 2011, 01:44:42 AM »
they make soft spitfire classics.  they're blue.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #612 on: August 05, 2011, 06:48:32 AM »
they make soft spitfire classics.  they're blue.

They have been made in at least blue, white, red and black. I have the whites in 58mm and they have not disappointed, me or a lot of other people in this thread

take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

swllbo

• Rep: 13
« Reply #613 on: August 05, 2011, 09:46:01 AM »
I love my spitfire 80Ds, but if you are looking for a wheel that is going to slide I would recommend something harder. Despite being named 80Ds they are actually 80a in durometer.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #614 on: August 05, 2011, 10:52:33 AM »
I guess I just want fast & smooth, really, and not too big so it fucks with the normal board feel too much.  The 80Ds aren't too bad, really, but I think I just need to deal with Cruisering my Zagger a bit harder.

Basingstoke

« Reply #615 on: August 06, 2011, 03:02:32 AM »
I recently put some of the Flip Hot Doggers on my cruiser set up and really like the smoothness, only problem is the wheel shape isn't symetrical on both sides so the wheels sometimes pull to one side and eventually will cone out.

The Classics are have a symetrical profile, right?

« Reply #616 on: August 06, 2011, 01:20:39 PM »
yup mine were

Basingstoke

« Reply #617 on: August 07, 2011, 03:53:39 AM »
yup mine were

Thank you, now find some in the most lurid colour posssible.

I wish I had bought some in the Kecthup/Mustard swirl that came out awhile back.

« Reply #618 on: August 07, 2011, 09:39:08 AM »
bright green ones were pretty good

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #619 on: August 07, 2011, 10:43:20 PM »
Satori makes some 54mm soft wheels but after my bad experience with 58mm Zip Zinger wheels, I'm extra skeptical about soft wheels under 60mm.

if you get a solid wheel that doesn't have the insert like in the zinger wheels they wont fall apart. hubba makes/made the marshmellow wheels. they're not exactly the softest, but they aren't the hardest. perfect blend if you still want a softer wheel that you can skate like a regular wheel. i had some h-street 95a's once that i skated as regular wheels. they were just a little softer and still slid. i wish i held onto them in retrospect. in all honesty though it is a skateboard wheel. it isn't indestructible. skateboard products also come with defects from time to time. the act of skateboarding also wears down your board too. take it for what it is
fuck you bama

aojiru

« Reply #620 on: August 08, 2011, 12:01:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
if you get a solid wheel that doesn't have the insert like in the zinger wheels they wont fall apart. hubba makes/made the marshmellow wheels. they're not exactly the softest, but they aren't the hardest. perfect blend if you still want a softer wheel that you can skate like a regular wheel. i had some h-street 95a's once that i skated as regular wheels. they were just a little softer and still slid. i wish i held onto them in retrospect. in all honesty though it is a skateboard wheel. it isn't indestructible. skateboard products also come with defects from time to time. the act of skateboarding also wears down your board too. take it for what it is

My Zip Zinger wheels didn't fall apart.  That was some other guy who seemed to powerslide the hell out of them doing backside 180s or something.  My problem was that they were extra slow like I was riding in grass even with Swiss 6 while skating in a smooth cement park.  Gonna give 'em away to a friend who wants to skate more but needs something to slow down the Reds he has in his set up that "are too fast still".

Got some 54mm Satori P Town Players and a Creature Brue Killer on order so pic will be up when I get it set up.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #621 on: August 08, 2011, 12:38:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

My Zip Zinger wheels didn't fall apart.  That was some other guy who seemed to powerslide the hell out of them doing backside 180s or something.  My problem was that they were extra slow like I was riding in grass even with Swiss 6 while skating in a smooth cement park.  Gonna give 'em away to a friend who wants to skate more but needs something to slow down the Reds he has in his set up that "are too fast still".

Got some 54mm Satori P Town Players and a Creature Brue Killer on order so pic will be up when I get it set up.

again, this only seems to happen with the "smaller" sizes of the zip zinger wheels. the 58's i had felt the exact same way. but the 65's were AWESOME.
@idealhandmades

aojiru

« Reply #622 on: August 08, 2011, 02:47:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

again, this only seems to happen with the "smaller" sizes of the zip zinger wheels. the 58's i had felt the exact same way. but the 65's were AWESOME.

Forgot to add that disclaimer.  Thanks.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #623 on: August 08, 2011, 02:54:10 AM »
you're welcome, and I enjoyed your explanation of them feeling like you were "riding in grass"
I had tried to explain specifically how they felt slow, but that is the perfect way to put it.
@idealhandmades

shitset3000

• Rep: 3
« Reply #624 on: August 08, 2011, 07:46:32 AM »

le magic carpet

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #625 on: August 08, 2011, 08:29:28 AM »
haha sweatercuff, youve started a trend

Buddy G

« Reply #626 on: August 08, 2011, 09:37:30 AM »
you're welcome, and I enjoyed your explanation of them feeling like you were "riding in grass"
I had tried to explain specifically how they felt slow, but that is the perfect way to put it.

i had the 55mm zip zinger wheels and they were slow as fuck, i got 54mm satori's, same hardness and they were way quicker.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #627 on: August 08, 2011, 11:17:15 AM »
haha sweatercuff, youve started a trend

Seriously.

can't wait to see it show up in the "tired of" thread a week from now.

I've got a bunch of new boards in the works for the DIY thread too. Give me another couple of days and I'll have 'em posted up.
@idealhandmades

aojiru

« Reply #628 on: August 08, 2011, 01:24:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i had the 55mm zip zinger wheels and they were slow as fuck, i got 54mm satori's, same hardness and they were way quicker.

Good to know!  Gonna get some Rockin' Rons for them since they're on sale now.

shitset3000's cruiser looks sick!  The patterned carpet makes it really look like a magic carpet.  Still trying to find a flat file to smooth out the edges on mine but so far, the liquid nails seems to be holding up.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #629 on: August 08, 2011, 02:03:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Good to know!  Gonna get some Rockin' Rons for them since they're on sale now.

shitset3000's cruiser looks sick!  The patterned carpet makes it really look like a magic carpet.  Still trying to find a flat file to smooth out the edges on mine but so far, the liquid nails seems to be holding up.

you'll have better luck with using a woodburner with a flat tip to get the edges to hold up. when the carpet melts on the edges, it forms this plastic like seal that should keep it from getting all fucked up.
Also, just have to note that while yeah, the patterned carpet looks cool, I'm not sure it'll have as much grip or hold up to weather/wear and tear as an outdoor, stiffer weave carpet, with rubber matting on the bottom.
You can make designs with that stuff too, it just takes a little more time and skill with a blade.
I've got a couple in the works right now. One for Orchard thats gonna have a bird on it, and one for Identity in Portmouth NH that's gonna have an anchor.
@idealhandmades