Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 368935 times)

Young Satchel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 19
Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #930 on: December 09, 2013, 03:12:58 PM »
kinda torn on the 149's for the p3 i just got. it tapers to 8" at the back trucks, so 139 might be the go. wish they made an 8.25" truck.

I would go with 149s or ace 44s. Dunno why I'm so down on my 139s lately but they just feel way less turny since I stepped it up. The p shapes all have a pretty exagerated taper, but in my opinion it makes more sense to have a bit of axle hanging out in the back then too little up front

Harem

« Reply #931 on: December 13, 2013, 05:19:24 AM »
First cruiser  :D

Brad Cromer 7.5
Indys
Spitfire 56MM
Bones Reds
Shortys Hardware
Modus Griptape

Went the wider trucks. Don't regret it. Might swap out the bushing for Bones bushings, but we'll see. I don't mind the Indy ones.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #932 on: December 13, 2013, 03:19:11 PM »
sweat stains has maybe the most interesting grip job i've seen so far.... thumbs up.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #933 on: December 16, 2013, 05:46:01 PM »
Set up my new cruiser a few weeks ago.  I got one day of messing around in before it got ungodly cold and started snowing.

Ignore the Tengu DVD and unmarked trucks.  I didn't do too many tricks on my old cruiser deck because it was a Pendleton Designarium board.  I plan on skating the shit out of this one though.

Here's just the deck:

The board feels awesome, so I'd definitely suggest getting one. http://surpriseskateboards.bigcartel.com/

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #934 on: December 16, 2013, 06:02:26 PM »
man i never get tired of seeing/riding square tails. so nice
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #935 on: December 17, 2013, 02:51:42 AM »
man i never get tired of seeing/riding square tails.

Love it.

Young Satchel

« Reply #936 on: December 22, 2013, 12:03:08 PM »
That surprise setup is dope.

Reed Frisch

• Rep: -8
« Reply #937 on: December 22, 2013, 09:46:25 PM »
What is everybody's input  here on the best cruiser wheels?

foureyedjim

« Reply #938 on: December 22, 2013, 11:29:03 PM »

It really depends on your preferences

personally, I like medium sized wheels that are not too soft.  Big wheels make pushing weird and wheels that are too soft (like the bones ATF wheels) don't feel right for me.  I honestly still haven't found the right cruiser wheel for myself, but play around with different durometers

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #939 on: December 22, 2013, 11:38:39 PM »
i have the spitfire 80ds and they feel kinda bouncy sometimes cause of how soft they are, but they're still good wheels.

I want to get something in the 90d range where i can still slide on my wheels, cause it's kinda hard with the 80ds
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

nylin

« Reply #940 on: December 22, 2013, 11:40:35 PM »

Girl shaped deck somewhere around 8.125
Old Indy 139's that I used to have on my regular deck
Spitfire speedies 80a (I think?) 54mm probably like 51's now
Bones swiss
Bones soft bushings no washers
Leftover Hardware
Leftover Rails
Filmbot grip that ended up really shitty...

So stoked to start skating this thing!

Sick one. Just got that same Carroll board as a cruiser set up too. Can't wait to skate it.

Young Satchel

« Reply #941 on: December 23, 2013, 03:59:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

personally, I like medium sized wheels that are not too soft.  Big wheels make pushing weird and wheels that are too soft (like the bones ATF wheels) don't feel right for me.  I honestly still haven't found the right cruiser wheel for myself, but play around with different durometers

Same here. Those powell rat bones reissues I reccomended earlier in the thread are like rolling on a hot buttered cloud, but that's about all they're good for: rolling. They are a huge pain to slide, and make getting the board off the ground on flat a real task. I'm setting up a new shaped curb/crust board, and I need a wheel that is 57-58mm and about 90a. I feel like that would be the perfect balance, but I can't find that shit anywhere. These broadcast "issues" are close, but I feel like they might be too wide and clunky like the powells:

http://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-wheels-c8/broadcast-issues-90a-old-school-shape-skateboard-wheels-60mm-p12969

The search continues...

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #942 on: December 23, 2013, 07:07:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Same here. Those powell rat bones reissues I reccomended earlier in the thread are like rolling on a hot buttered cloud, but that's about all they're good for: rolling. They are a huge pain to slide, and make getting the board off the ground on flat a real task. I'm setting up a new shaped curb/crust board, and I need a wheel that is 57-58mm and about 90a. I feel like that would be the perfect balance, but I can't find that shit anywhere. These broadcast "issues" are close, but I feel like they might be too wide and clunky like the powells:

http://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-wheels-c8/broadcast-issues-90a-old-school-shape-skateboard-wheels-60mm-p12969

The search continues...

im going to set up a curb board soon too and im eyeing these. i think theyre like 92a, so theyve probably got a smooth ride but will still slide. probably really good for slappies too, but that round shape might feel really weird for anything else.

DUDES ON OJ LITTLE DOODIES on Vimeo

Young Satchel

« Reply #943 on: December 23, 2013, 07:53:17 AM »
Size and durometer are perfect, but lord they are fucking hideous. I may be too vain to roll on those  8)

Timmy666

« Reply #944 on: December 27, 2013, 10:16:17 PM »

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #945 on: December 28, 2013, 08:44:35 AM »
oj keyframes (87a) are good. rolll smooth and will slide if u rlly put in the effort. that being said OJ's hard wheels suck

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #946 on: December 28, 2013, 11:33:53 AM »
Sick one. Just got that same Carroll board as a cruiser set up too. Can't wait to skate it.
How are you liking this board? Does the tail seem short to you? I've hardly skated it yet, but the first time I tried to ollie on it I ate shit going super fast over a manhole because the tail was shorter than I expected, and I didn't even pop.
damn those yarys bout those squats

Young Satchel

« Reply #947 on: December 28, 2013, 02:13:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How are you liking this board? Does the tail seem short to you? I've hardly skated it yet, but the first time I tried to ollie on it I ate shit going super fast over a manhole because the tail was shorter than I expected, and I didn't even pop.

Now that you mention it the tail looks really short. Thought it was just the photo's perspective on first glance.

foureyedjim

« Reply #948 on: December 30, 2013, 10:08:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Now that you mention it the tail looks really short. Thought it was just the photo's perspective on first glance.

I've stepped on it at FTC, it's short as hell

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #949 on: December 30, 2013, 10:06:29 PM »
First cruiser  :D

Brad Cromer 7.5
Indys
Spitfire 56MM
Bones Reds
Shortys Hardware
Modus Griptape

Went the wider trucks. Don't regret it. Might swap out the bushing for Bones bushings, but we'll see. I don't mind the Indy ones.

129's or 139's? love that board btw, I was gonna get it, but I don't like how the wheelbase is so close to the nose. You like it so far?
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #950 on: December 30, 2013, 11:13:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

After skating it for a little longer, it turns out it's pretty much impossible to do a good ollie. I might try to drill some new holes a little bit closer to the middle, hopefully I don't fuck it up too bad.
damn those yarys bout those squats

Young Satchel

« Reply #951 on: December 31, 2013, 10:56:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
After skating it for a little longer, it turns out it's pretty much impossible to do a good ollie. I might try to drill some new holes a little bit closer to the middle, hopefully I don't fuck it up too bad.

Dang. That's disappointing. Looked so good...

nylin

« Reply #952 on: December 31, 2013, 01:00:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah that tail is mad short. The more I've skated it though the more I've gotten a little more used to it.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #953 on: January 01, 2014, 11:51:26 PM »

moms hooked it up this christmas, pre built complete, stoked on it tho, right around 60 bucks. when i land one, this will be the biggest board i ever kickflipped.

old six hole venture HIs, one top bushing is an indy but the rest are the original greens. might switch to bones meds but might just have to break these in after being dormant for a decade plus. powell sword wheels i dyed green but turned out blue 58mm 90a. gonna buy new wheels, just debating what color and hardness.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

BuddyPal

« Reply #954 on: January 02, 2014, 11:18:08 AM »
what size trucks would you fellas get for a zip zinger if i dont want to have the trucks overhanging on my board

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #955 on: January 02, 2014, 12:51:35 PM »
Not mine anymore, gifted it to a good homie about a year ago, but I'm at his house now and landed a clean varial flip on it the other night. Makin me wanna 10"+ board.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #956 on: January 02, 2014, 01:00:47 PM »
what size trucks would you fellas get for a zip zinger if i dont want to have the trucks overhanging on my board

maybe try some ace 22s? those are pretty small i think.

if youre really concerned, just take the board up to a skate shop and set some different trucks on it and see how they measure up.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #957 on: January 02, 2014, 01:10:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if youre really concerned, just take the board up to a skate shop and set some different trucks on it and see how they measure up.

Also depends on what wheels you're throwing on it man. Lotsa cruiser wheels are pretty wide. Indy 109 should work.

BuddyPal

« Reply #958 on: January 02, 2014, 08:39:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah i would do that but there arent any skateshops within reasonable distance so that leaves me ordering online a bunch :P

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #959 on: January 03, 2014, 09:37:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yeah i would do that but there arent any skateshops within reasonable distance so that leaves me ordering online a bunch :P

Get the ace 22's. I have a zip zinger with thunder 147's and the overhang is fine, nothing major. The 22's are 7.6 or something, and thunder 147's are 8" so you should be good. Plus, ace rules