Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 368906 times)

noileum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #1110 on: February 04, 2016, 05:48:25 AM »
haven't skated nearly enough over the last few months - so with the hopes that I might just have a cruise about a bit more exploring the new city where I'm working I've set this up

1939 board, Ace 55's, Kryptonic 91a, random offcuts of grip left in my bits box

got a nice stubby nose, and having just had a quick push around the block I think it's going to be fun as fuck

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #1111 on: February 10, 2016, 11:50:06 PM »
haven't skated nearly enough over the last few months - so with the hopes that I might just have a cruise about a bit more exploring the new city where I'm working I've set this up

1939 board, Ace 55's, Kryptonic 91a, random offcuts of grip left in my bits box

got a nice stubby nose, and having just had a quick push around the block I think it's going to be fun as fuck
I love this board and the grip/sticker job. My OCD wouldn't let me actually run it like that but it looks fun.

Indy standards 109s,129s,139s
I've always rode spitfires growing up and I even have a spitfire tattoo but I dig bones ATFs on a smaller cruiser/liquor store board. They feel so good but STFs/SPFs I can not ride. I tried riding regular bones but they're not for me F4s and the classic formula spits are my shit. I session those little cruisers with the small ATFs every once and awhile but the DT, Z-Flex, and PP `Bones’ deck are mostly for skating to my car when I have to go to work or when I get home from work at 3am and don't want to be a dick to everyone sleeping. Hard wheels make so much noise at 3am. On a side note FUCK MY HOA! I have to park outside the complex and sometimes it's a bitch to find parking and I live way in the back corner so it's a mission

I got two long skateboards that I like to bomb hills with but I barely ride them. My homies that don't skate LOVE them. "Can I ride your longboard, bro?" Or "I'm going to the beach can I get that longboard?" I'm usually working but I know they're out mongo footing around Venice or Hermosa that day. AntiHero 34in and Zip Ziiiiiiiiiiiinger aren't longboards right? They're just long skateboards made by two awesome skateboard companies. Lots of longboarders in L.A. Don't want to get lumped in with them.
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1112 on: March 09, 2016, 06:37:34 AM »
I made a handful of Ingres shovelnose cruisers.

Fun shape. Street tail, square nose. Its wide too, I think 8.6 or thereabouts. USA made!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #1113 on: March 09, 2016, 09:44:29 AM »
I'm skating an old Surprise square tail board as my cruiser and this might seem super nitpicky and odd, but do any of you think that your pop on a square tail board is different than your pop on a popsicle board?  I feel like I don't get as satisfying of a sound when skating my cruiser and it takes more effort to pop as high as I normally do, almost like the force is spread out over a larger area?  I don't know if it's the board or if it's because I'm skating super soft wheels, maybe the board is a little heavier, it's all in my head, or what.  It's not a big deal but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #1114 on: March 09, 2016, 09:53:01 AM »
I'm skating an old Surprise square tail board as my cruiser and this might seem super nitpicky and odd, but do any of you think that your pop on a square tail board is different than your pop on a popsicle board?  I feel like I don't get as satisfying of a sound when skating my cruiser and it takes more effort to pop as high as I normally do, almost like the force is spread out over a larger area?  I don't know if it's the board or if it's because I'm skating super soft wheels, maybe the board is a little heavier, it's all in my head, or what.  It's not a big deal but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this.

This
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Java_the_cup

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1115 on: March 09, 2016, 10:22:38 AM »
Already posted this in the setup thread, but for the sake of keeping this thread alive...

Surprise 9"
Powell 57mm park formula
Bones Reds
Old Krux

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #1116 on: March 09, 2016, 12:17:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This

I figured it was this but also wasn't sure if I was just being neurotic.

N.L.

« Reply #1117 on: March 12, 2016, 07:08:41 PM »

My kids on the left and mine.

Diieta / Krux 4.0s / Paradise 56mm 78a                  Deck crafters/ 149s / Ricta Clouds 58mm 86a
She hasn't used it much, as you can tell                  Was using this as my regular board but needed a new cruiser and it fit the bill.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1118 on: March 19, 2016, 11:35:34 PM »

My kids on the left and mine.

Diieta / Krux 4.0s / Paradise 56mm 78a                  Deck crafters/ 149s / Ricta Clouds 58mm 86a
She hasn't used it much, as you can tell                  Was using this as my regular board but needed a new cruiser and it fit the bill.

^^Damn what a coincidence, bought and set this cruiser up yesterday, and in the latest post here I see the same board.
Dieta x Red Clouds Collective 8.5
Ace 44s
Powell Bomber 3 64mm 85a (these slide pretty well without too much effort, super unexpected)
Independent Black bearings.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 11:38:08 PM by tzhangdox »

N.L.

« Reply #1119 on: March 21, 2016, 11:52:45 AM »
Nice. its a great little shape. Dieta are good dudes to support also.

m477

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1120 on: March 22, 2016, 10:40:14 PM »
Rad N.L. Here's our father/son cruisers. My kid kinda commandeered the scumco so I got a new one to keep up with him

Scumco 8.7 x 32
Theeve  v1 TIAX 5.25, old and ground to the axle
5/16 risers
60mm OJ 78a
Bronson bearings

Skaterbuilt conekiller 9 x 32.5
Independent 159 with 1/8 risers
66mm gravity burners 77a (longboard wheels, gasp!)
Swiss super 6

Stoked on the skaterbuilt deck, it's like nothing I've ever ridden. Pointy nose, wheel wells, deep concave and Formica slick bottom. It's a slalom board with adjustable 17-23" wheelbase, I have it at 17, you can see the other mounting holes.  The wheels are massive! Even more plush and grippy than the OJs. Both setups are insanely fast and fun, the scumco with small theeves turn fast and twitchy while the skaterbuilt with 159s turn wide and swoopy.

On a side note, I'm impressed with the Bronson bearings. My son rides through every puddle he comes across (the board is more like an aquatic vehicle) and the bearings are still fast, smooth and quiet. I still cringe after every puddle though
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:43:19 PM by m477 »

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1121 on: June 24, 2016, 07:28:55 PM »
Rad N.L. Here's our father/son cruisers. My kid kinda commandeered the scumco so I got a new one to keep up with him

Scumco 8.7 x 32
Theeve  v1 TIAX 5.25, old and ground to the axle
5/16 risers
60mm OJ 78a
Bronson bearings

Skaterbuilt conekiller 9 x 32.5
Independent 159 with 1/8 risers
66mm gravity burners 77a (longboard wheels, gasp!)
Swiss super 6

Stoked on the skaterbuilt deck, it's like nothing I've ever ridden. Pointy nose, wheel wells, deep concave and Formica slick bottom. It's a slalom board with adjustable 17-23" wheelbase, I have it at 17, you can see the other mounting holes.  The wheels are massive! Even more plush and grippy than the OJs. Both setups are insanely fast and fun, the scumco with small theeves turn fast and twitchy while the skaterbuilt with 159s turn wide and swoopy.

On a side note, I'm impressed with the Bronson bearings. My son rides through every puddle he comes across (the board is more like an aquatic vehicle) and the bearings are still fast, smooth and quiet. I still cringe after every puddle though

That scumco shape looks really nice

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #1122 on: June 28, 2016, 05:39:27 PM »
Friend gifted me this and I'm not sure if I should use it or actually use it. It's pretty cool but the wheelbite is pretty gnarly

In case the linked image doesn't work here's my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHN9R_RhG99/?taken-by=gnartothewall
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Jordick

« Reply #1123 on: June 28, 2016, 06:18:10 PM »
Friend gifted me this and I'm not sure if I should use it or actually use it. It's pretty cool but the wheelbite is pretty gnarly

In case the linked image doesn't work here's my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHN9R_RhG99/?taken-by=gnartothewall
It's gonna get so dirty, so fast

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #1124 on: June 28, 2016, 09:50:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This
[close]

I figured it was this but also wasn't sure if I was just being neurotic.

You're also right about soft wheels....it's a bit mental but ultimately your ollies feel like crap w soft wheels...that said....I had a square tail...risers...97's and that board I could Ollie high cause it was just more beefy.....you could huck yourself.....

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #1125 on: June 28, 2016, 10:28:14 PM »

Mine.

and the missus
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:57:01 PM by Sanka Coffie »

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1126 on: June 29, 2016, 04:25:21 AM »
Anyone tried to modify a normal deck with a ripsaw to build a cruiser? How did it go? I'm interested to see your experience.
I have access to tools, and getting a standard deck will be cheaper than buying cruiser shape, plus adding the challenge and joys of DIY.

Anyway, here's my current cruise setup. It's a soviet plywood deck with a rubber pad on tail. I had to drill new holes to accommodate for Indys. Doing ollies on this is a challenge, therefore looking for a replacement.

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #1127 on: June 29, 2016, 06:55:09 AM »
Really cool cruisers in here. Tried skating this one, but it was a bit too wide for my taste. Now it's my beer run board.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 07:10:17 AM by Bensquirts »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1128 on: July 05, 2016, 06:39:39 PM »
Stoked Watson @ Ninetimes had the Natas.  Originally wanted it as a wall hanger, but had a set of 159's that I wasn't skating much and realized yeah..I might have to explain it too often, so set up the Natas. 

Natas
Indy 159's, old like 15 years old at least
generic abec 5's
risers
rails: wasn't going to but I liked the graphic
Bones: DTF's 58's, super stoked I still have em.

Sets up nice...I had the original one so it was hard to pass up. 

Zip Zinger
Destructo's
Reds
Bones: 91a, 54's experimental formula, GP was good enough to send me a set after I gave them some feedback. 

I'm not sure what I was thinking before, I had big ATF's on...risers....it was sketchy, this works way better.  I'm going to trade out the destructos, I'll look on craigslst for a more slap friendly name brand, lots worthless narrow trucks out there. 

Untitled by jefchoy, on Flickr

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #1129 on: July 07, 2016, 06:02:04 AM »
Had all the parts so I set this up a few weeks back
The shape totally sucks but it's fun for dorking around

Indy 139
bones reds
rib bones
soft d's

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1130 on: July 08, 2016, 10:31:41 AM »

Habitat 8.25
Thunder 151
Sweet 56 mm soft wheels, but fast over rough surfaces
Reds
Jessup

First cruiser, real syked.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1131 on: July 09, 2016, 12:22:59 PM »
That's a sick one....rad shape...

N.L.

« Reply #1132 on: August 04, 2016, 08:43:00 AM »

Northern Co
Ace 44
Ricta Clouds 58mm 86a.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1133 on: August 06, 2016, 01:57:15 AM »

Habitat 8.25
Thunder 151
Sweet 56 mm soft wheels, but fast over rough surfaces
Reds
Jessup

First cruiser, real syked.

Woah was it like that or you cut it ?? So sick
yes

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1134 on: August 06, 2016, 02:14:15 AM »
^^ habitat released a range of cruiser shapes a while back

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1135 on: August 06, 2016, 02:24:38 AM »
Woah didn't know, that's sick

I have a alien workshop pong pusher that was like 50% off at a sporting store and I turned it into a real cruiser and damn the shape was so nice I had to make it my main board for a little until I noticed the wood was really fragile
yes

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #1136 on: August 06, 2016, 09:36:15 AM »

Northern Co
Ace 44
Ricta Clouds 58mm 86a.

Sick! How do you like the clouds? I'm on 92 soft D's right now and want something softer but where I can Ollie and not feel like they're going to implode like the 80HDs...
you never know about pre-cum 

N.L.

« Reply #1137 on: August 07, 2016, 09:50:53 AM »
The 86a clouds are a great compromise between a spongey cruiser and hard street wheel. I can break them into power slides but  they still suck up shitty roads really well. Faster than your standard 78a for sure. Recommended.

I'd still like to try the Spitfire 80HD now that they fixed the core issues though.

N.L.

« Reply #1138 on: August 18, 2016, 08:06:26 AM »
Rad! Yeah, I considered the indy 109s also but the Ace 44s are working just great. I've been using it more than my bike for transport this last few weeks.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1139 on: August 22, 2016, 10:10:07 PM »
It breaks my heart to post this because she got stolen the day after I set it up.
So sad.

Dieta Wade Speyer 8.88x32.5 wb 14.5
Venture 5.8
OJ 58mm Keyframes
Dooks 1/8 riser
Shortys 1 1/8 allen
Bronson G3
MOB