Author Topic: Tom Penny - extremely sorry...  (Read 39764 times)

Oni0nbelt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Tom Penny - extremely sorry...
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2009, 06:09:43 AM »
this link is still working
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=044A3AKJ

for now...

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2009, 11:01:41 AM »
what an embarrassing video
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2009, 11:32:02 AM »
I dont know why everyone is hating, i liked it?

Tedpod

• Rep: -16
« Reply #183 on: October 12, 2009, 11:44:25 AM »
all the links are dead....anyone have a working one?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2009, 01:09:38 PM »
I dont know why everyone is hating, i liked it?

i don't get it either. didn't really spend a lot of time on the groms but damn, lots of good shit in there.

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2009, 02:30:28 PM »
its the greatest example of how footage can be ruined by awful editing. not even strange brew holds a torch to this. ewan bowman should have a 50 meter restraining order from any sort of editing device. the music was pitiful, sounds like its a hour long movie trailer. that claymation shit confuses the fuck out of me. who does that appeal to? 13 year old mush heads is not the greatest target audience. the transitions are awful too. what the fuck???? how could you spoil years of filming by letting some chump who has probably never seen a skate video before edit it. if they were going for something new, lets just hope it stops there 

I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

spare change

« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2009, 03:24:23 PM »
damn you guys are mean.

csumers

• Rep: 41
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2009, 05:04:20 PM »
its the greatest example of how footage can be ruined by awful editing. not even strange brew holds a torch to this. ewan bowman should have a 50 meter restraining order from any sort of editing device. the music was pitiful, sounds like its a hour long movie trailer. that claymation shit confuses the fuck out of me. who does that appeal to? 13 year old mush heads is not the greatest target audience. the transitions are awful too. what the fuck???? how could you spoil years of filming by letting some chump who has probably never seen a skate video before edit it. if they were going for something new, lets just hope it stops there 

Ewan Bowen did Transworld's In Bloom with Jon Holland

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ewan Bowen did Transworld's In Bloom with Jon Holland

guess he expired

Luv2PaintTrees

• Rep: -2
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2009, 09:43:32 PM »

how can compare the flip video to strange brew extremely sorry is sick idk what everyone is complaining about if you dont like the claymation ok i thought it was pretty good the music could have been better but the footage more than makes up for it

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2009, 10:13:29 PM »
see that's what im getting at. the only people who like this video are people who are completely unaware of run-on sentences and period use

clicketyclack

• Rep: -5
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2009, 11:22:25 PM »
see that's what im getting at. the only people who like this video are people who are completely unaware of run-on sentences and period use

Irony much?

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #192 on: October 13, 2009, 07:48:48 PM »
The skit where they are driving out to the canyon all bad ass style gave me some second hand embarrassment.  Rowley says something along the lines of "the fucker is always late (to blast off a huge ramp and grind a big rail to base jump)"  as they are barreling through the desert passing skulls and stuff.  Really corny.  Skating was good but I will definitely not own this. 

wheee!

RIGHT

• Rep: 8
« Reply #193 on: October 15, 2009, 04:58:36 AM »
another little movie with penny in amsterdam. does anyone know the song of shane cross. or where you can download it?

Thom Verlaine

« Reply #194 on: October 15, 2009, 11:58:22 AM »
Here's part two.

Way more insightful to a real pro's life than Epicly Later'd will ever be.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #195 on: October 15, 2009, 06:09:07 PM »
extremely sorry was extremely disappointing

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #196 on: October 15, 2009, 08:59:26 PM »
anybody that didn't like the video should have felt the dissapointment coming when they dropped that awful trailer.

the claymation shit was a little weird but, i thought some of them were actually pretty funny. there's been cartoony shit in every flip video so, i don't really understand why that was such a suprise either. david gonzales skates like a man & rowley's part was fucking amazing. most of appleyard's shit seemed really old, he was wearing circas in almost every clip it seemed. i enjoyed it all the way through though, minus the nollie bigspins. he even said in an interview right before the video dropped that there was not going to be a single nollie bigspin in his entire part  ???
shane's shit was dope minus the over-editing but, i guess that it was pretty nice for a tribute part. didn't watch the little guys besides curren, he rips. willow is whatever. rodrigo came through like always. lance had one of my favorite parts. it's ridiculous how creative the man can get in one, simple bowl. tom penny was a major dissapointment but, we've got bryan herman to replace him thesedays so no worries, the emerica video will be here someday. rick-flip at the end was dope though. bob's shit was just ridiculous as expected. all in all if i had the video at my house i'd watch it when boredom strikes but, i will not be spending my money on this video. sorry rowley.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #197 on: October 15, 2009, 10:22:25 PM »
anybody that didn't like the video should have felt the dissapointment coming when they dropped that awful trailer.

the claymation shit was a little weird but, i thought some of them were actually pretty shitty. there's been cartoony shit in every flip video, except Sorry so, i don't really understand why that was such a suprise either. david gonzales looks like a girl & rowley's part was fucking amazing. most of appleyard's shit seemed really old, he was wearing circas in almost every clip it seemed. i enjoyed it all the way through though, minus the nollie bigspins. he even said in an interview right before the video dropped that there was not going to be a single nollie bigspin in his entire part  ???
shane's shit was dope minus the over-editing but, i guess that it was pretty nice for a tribute part. didn't watch the little guys besides curren, he needs to grow up, before i can watch him. willow is awesome. rodrigo came through like always. lance had one of my favorite parts. it's ridiculous how creative the man can get in one, simple bowl. tom penny was a major dissapointment but, we've got bryan herman to replace him thesedays so no worries, the emerica video will be here someday. rick-flip at the end was dope though. bob's shit was just ridiculous as expected. all in all if i had the video at my house i'd watch it when boredom strikes but, i will not be spending my money on this video. sorry rowley.
Fixed. But i mostly agree with you.

clicketyclack

• Rep: -5
« Reply #198 on: October 15, 2009, 10:27:41 PM »

Said as much in earlier threads pre-video drop.  Their art department and editor have their heads up their asses.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #199 on: October 15, 2009, 10:33:51 PM »
hahah sick but, there was cartoony shit in sorry. arto's long-lost feeble attempt was made into a cartoon. what i was just trying to say is that it's not TOO unbelievable that they had that shit in there afterall, flip really is a kiddy-company these days if you think about it. not just because they put all those little dudes on but also, the last flip ad i saw was appleyard standing there, advertising some bullshit new technology for "spring loaded pop son" or something along those lines. who's really gonna spend 20 extra dollars on a skateboard only because they believe it will enable them to more pop? only the children. & everytime i see a flip board at a skateshop, it's usually a mini or 7.5

forgot to mention, appleyard had the best back 3 in the video in my opinion. i heard a rumor that rodrigo & appleyard's contracts with flip have just ended aswell so, if you were dissapointed with apple's part, that may be why. i was thinking maybe he was saving alot of shit for one of those globe things. who knows?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2009, 02:41:37 AM »
hahah sick but, there was cartoony shit in sorry. arto's long-lost feeble attempt was made into a cartoon. what i was just trying to say is that it's not TOO unbelievable that they had that shit in there afterall, flip really is a kiddy-company these days if you think about it. not just because they put all those little dudes on but also, the last flip ad i saw was appleyard standing there, advertising some bullshit new technology for "spring loaded pop son" or something along those lines. who's really gonna spend 20 extra dollars on a skateboard only because they believe it will enable them to more pop? only the children. & everytime i see a flip board at a skateshop, it's usually a mini or 7.5

forgot to mention, appleyard had the best back 3 in the video in my opinion. i heard a rumor that rodrigo & appleyard's contracts with flip have just ended aswell so, if you were dissapointed with apple's part, that may be why. i was thinking maybe he was saving alot of shit for one of those globe things. who knows?
Yeah i agree with you. Maybe i'm in a denial, because Sorry was so awesome. And by reading your comment i rememberd that Black Label has boards, with holes, so you don't wheel bite. Gay as hell!

I think Appleyard def saves most of his good shit for his Globe part. Wonder what board company he and Rodrigo will end up at?

clamy

« Reply #201 on: October 16, 2009, 04:01:03 AM »
ah those globe parts suck. you never know when they're coming out and they just get released online part by part. that shit doesn't get me hyped. hope to see apples in something else, maybe a transworld vid?