Author Topic: Arrested Development Appreciation Thread  (Read 1883 times)

Sidewayslurkzine

Arrested Development Appreciation Thread
« on: September 29, 2009, 05:13:35 PM »
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1956/arrested-development-invitation-from-gob#s-p1-n1-st-i1
Anyone know when the movie comes out? oh and fucking hulu is not streaming season 2 episodes anymore after october 9th, bastards

jrf

Re: Arrested Development Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 05:22:16 PM »
there is another part of this forum that is titled "whatever" this is were people post non related skateboarding topics

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 05:31:44 PM »
I hope the Arrested Development movie never ever comes out because the general public is not worthy of it. They let it get cancelled. Then a couple years later they found out that Michael Cera was a semi-cute kid and decided to give A.D. a viewing or two. Their minds were blown. Now they have to live with their guilt. For shame.

Don't worry, though . . . i'm sure they'll keep their hands busy with Sex and the City: The Movie Part II.

but if an A.D. movie eventually DID come to fruition . . .. i would not be opposed to sleeping in front of the movie theater to catch a midnight showing.

S.F.A.

• Rep: 17
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 05:56:58 PM »
fuck micheal cera, i hear he's one of the main reasons the movie is taking so long.

but i <3 a.d.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 05:59:38 PM »
fuck micheal cera, i hear he's one of the main reasons the movie is taking so long.

but i <3 a.d.

he caved in a few months ago when he realized that AD was the only thing he was ever good at. He's fully on board and has agreed to do it. The thing is, the whole cast is off doing other shit, and it's almost impossible to get everyone back together in one spot to produce a film.

The script hasn't been written yet, either.

you took to much

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 07:00:58 PM »
i saw bateman on inside the actors studio recently and he said the script is halfway done now. he said some other stuff but i kind of forget and i dont want to misquote him.

Comparison Ford

• Rep: 16
  • That's Handsome Pete, he dances for nickels.
    • DSOTE avatar image
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 07:55:39 PM »
I've been waiting for a thread like this to pop up. This show was so awesome. Non-stop laughs, every scene/line contributed to one running joke or another, and the actors/actresses were perfectly cast.

I feel like a movie would taint the legacy.

Kill Whitey

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 08:03:52 PM »
Steve Holt!

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 09:28:33 PM »

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 09:36:26 PM »
Expand Quote
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1956/arrested-development-invitation-from-gob#s-p1-n1-st-i1
Anyone know when the movie comes out? oh and fucking hulu is not streaming season 2 episodes anymore after october 9th, bastards
[close]

Do yourself a favor and just buy the series.

http://www.amazon.com/Arrested-Development-Complete-Jason-Bateman/dp/B000JJ3Y78/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1254284892&sr=8-2

yeah Target usually sells each season for like 9.99 a piece.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 10:51:06 PM »
great thread!  I asked for all the DVDs for christmas last year and was not let down.  At this point it is just comforting to have them.   If I'm bummed out,  or especially if I'm sick,  I just chig out and pop in the DVDs.  Tobias and GOb are my favorites

One of my favorite moments is when GOB interrupts michael in front of the share holders to announce that the housing development will be done in "TWO WEEKS!" 

wheee!

you took to much

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 12:02:58 AM »
hell yeah, during season 3 when they knew they were going to be canceled there were so many good jokes like that.

when they were trying to see if another network would pick it up, michael says "well the Home Builders Organization (HBO) is out... I guess its Showtime!"

best show ever.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 12:04:44 AM »
great thread!  I asked for all the DVDs for christmas last year and was not let down.  At this point it is just comforting to have them.   If I'm bummed out,  or especially if I'm sick,  I just chig out and pop in the DVDs.  Tobias and GOb are my favorites

One of my favorite moments is when GOB interrupts michael in front of the share holders to announce that the housing development will be done in "TWO WEEKS!" 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWKKJgJfwKY

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 07:02:41 AM »

"who would want to go up into that old musty clap trap" - Lucille

"...the cabin?" - Michael

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 08:00:29 AM »

"who would want to go up into that old musty clap trap" - Lucille

"...the cabin?" - Michael

MICHAEL: Get rid of the Seaward.

LUCILLE: I'm not going anywhere.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 01:44:50 PM »
"the soup of the day is bread"

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 02:26:29 PM »
the show is pretty good but reminds me of my ex girlfriend so i havent watched it in awhile. you kinda gotta start it from the beginning which i didnt do so you donjt understand some of the shit. then i started it over from the beginning and it was a lot funnier.
ONTARIO CANADA

flatspotter

• Rep: 23
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 03:00:41 PM »
the first anal rapist
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YknjhnywGGI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YknjhnywGGI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 03:11:28 PM »
liza minelli annoys the fuck out of me, she was the only thing i disliked in that otherwise amazing show...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

Jura

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »
I like to keep this around for just such an occasion.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 10:40:50 PM »
the show is pretty good but reminds me of my ex girlfriend so i havent watched it in awhile. you kinda gotta start it from the beginning which i didnt do so you donjt understand some of the shit. then i started it over from the beginning and it was a lot funnier.

yeah, thats one of the reasons why it got cancelled. It received all these awards and accolades after it's first season, so people wanted to see what all the fuss was about so they decided to tune in for the second season. This of course proved to be faulty because a good chunk of the humor stems from references to prior episodes.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 10:51:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, thats one of the reasons why it got cancelled. It received all these awards and accolades after it's first season, so people wanted to see what all the fuss was about so they decided to tune in for the second season. This of course proved to be faulty because a good chunk of the humor stems from references to prior episodes.

If only internet-TV existed back then, that wouldn't have been a problem.