Author Topic: spain - a few questions  (Read 1389 times)

professional

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
spain - a few questions
« on: October 02, 2009, 04:47:08 PM »
Hello Slap Pals, this winter I'm going to be going to Spain for January and February and had a couple questions for those who have gone already.

If you rented an apartment, how did you go about renting it? So far I've been sifting through Craigslist and found some good places. I've pretty much found that those vacation apartment websites are way out of my price range even though they are nice. Is it entirely Spanish there or do people speak English as well?

How much does food and stuff go for? Obviously I'll be doing groceries and was wondering how much it'd generally cost for a months worth of food. What are the bars like too?

Lastly and most importantly, what's the weather like in January and February? I know it's around 10 degrees Celsius but have no clue if it's super rainy or not.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:41:11 PM by professional »

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: spain - a few questions
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 05:47:32 PM »
I'd like to suggest a stickied spain thread.

I've never been but I'd suggest adding some info: where in spain are you going? What is your price range for an apartment?

I am not sure if a lot of people in Spain speak english, but I doubt it. Seeing as Spain has one of the lowest rates for people speaking a second language in the world.

For the weather I'd say check weather.com for annual averages, it will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 05:58:08 AM »
I'll be staying in Barcelona, price range is anything up to 1000euros a month I guess.

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 11:38:27 PM »
I'm hopefully going to be in january as well, but Im traveling with my homies who don't skate so can anyone recommend some fun shit to do that doesn't involve skating.  Also any good hostel recommendations, and neighborhoods to go to and neighborhoods to stay out of?

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 03:22:16 AM »
As for weather in Barcelona, Dec-Feb are the coldest / rainiest months but that goes pretty much without saying. It's always skateable anyway. I've always been in BCN between Oct-Dec (going again this Friday!) so I don't have any personal experience about early year weather.

I'm sure here is someone who has actually stayed in BCN during that period.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 08:25:24 AM »
i've been there in late february if my memory serves me correct. mostly it was was warm enough to skate in a t-shirt during the day and we only had a day or two of rain in eleven days.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

babybonus

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 01:13:49 PM »
Thats the time I went last year, its perfect. We found our place on craiglist it was a 3 bedroom but we had 7 people in there at once and the landlords where cool with it. No skethyness either with anything getting stollen... which you will hear happening. I can try and find you the exact apartment building i stayed at its kind of a little outside of downtown at Canserra but it was mellow and theres a sick spot right by it. For the dde who was asking about fun things to do without skating, definately rent mopeds and rip around the city. I made the mistake of ditching my friends who rented them to skate biggest regret. They looked like they had the funnest day all for like 20 or 30 euros each. Food is fairly cheap if you eat at home make pasta almost everynight so cheap. Beer is ridiculously cheap 6 pack at the grocery store of estrella for $1.50, boxes of wine for 0.50 cents. If your out skating and want to eat the best bet is probally long sub type sandwiches that they sell prettty much every store for about 2 or 3 euros. Hope you have a fun first trip to Spain it will blow your mind!