Author Topic: Encounters with Pro Skaters  (Read 147540 times)

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10000
Re: Encounters with Pro Skaters
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2010, 10:08:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Was Greco a fuckin' prick like I here he always is?
[close]
LOL

and grecos a cool guy despite what your buddies might tell you at your mall-metal slumber parties.
I never said he wasn't. I just HEARD (That better, English teacher?) that he was a cock, much like you're being right now.
I'll consult Gipper next time I want a spell check, but thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:12:47 PM by Skwisgaar Skwigelf »
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

BFKskateboards

« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2010, 11:31:56 PM »
i met some of the zero guys when they had the demo at skatepark of tampa. i went to the signing the next day and jamie thomas saw how wrecked my board and shoes were and gave me a deck. i was quivering like a little school girl afterwards.

prettybird

• Rep: -3
« Reply #242 on: August 29, 2010, 11:01:02 AM »
back when i was in college a couple of friends and i were skating this church manual pad when the foundation team (and nick dompierre for some reason.) pulled up and chilled for awhile. the girl i was dating at the time had a cat named ethan so i told fowler that on occasion i would refer to it as ethan meowler. it was kind of wierd but he ended up hooking me up with some shoes.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1579
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2010, 09:20:46 PM »
back when i was in college a couple of friends and i were skating this church manual pad when the foundation team (and nick dompierre for some reason.) pulled up and chilled for awhile. the girl i was dating at the time had a cat named ethan so i told fowler that on occasion i would refer to it as ethan meowler. it was kind of wierd but he ended up hooking me up with some shoes.
[/b]

Same thing happened to me but he ended up hooking up with my girlfriend...

:-\
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #244 on: August 30, 2010, 01:57:45 PM »
has anyone ever met louie? i always wonder what hed be like in person like if hes really that crazy
ive met him skating and at parties and at bars. he is radder then anyone on earth and super nice.
he let us take a picture with him at blank club.

i met ba and stefan and smyth at atlas not too long ago. they were all super nice. i asked biebel for an autograph on the pizza box he just threw away for my girl who jocks him. he seemed weirded out but i think that was because he was stoned, but mostly because i asked for an autograph on his pizza box. haha.

i also met jesse erickson at a bar and told him his switch pole jams were amazing and he was genuinely hyped and genuinely nice. ever since then when i see him downtown i get to shake his hand. so psyched.

i've also met jose rojo a bunch and he is always super cool and helps out if i ever need any product. im riding his pro momentum eco-wheels and they are sweetastic.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 02:00:57 PM by tangar »
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2010, 09:56:33 PM »
met greg hunt, ave, andrew allen, and jeff landi at uc davis once. ave never spoke to us but the rest of the dudes were super cool. the best part about it though was that ave set up a new set of wheels and left behind some pretty much brand new spitfires, which i took and plan on setting up eventually.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2010, 10:19:31 PM »
Malto was doing tours of skateparks in Canada with Gatorade last month and he happened to stop at the park I go to. He brought his friend Dillon with him (who is so sick.. he did a backside 180 noseblunt on our volcano (Malto did it too)) and they were there for a bit (I'd say a good 30 mins.) and I felt like such a dick cause I accidentally snaked Malto as we were both goin' down a ramp and I was like "FUCK DID I JUST DO WHAT I THINK I JUST DID?"... but I said sorry and he said it was alright. I saved his board when it rolled away after missing a lip trick.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:26:33 PM by left knee cap »

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #247 on: August 31, 2010, 04:52:42 AM »
Ive never been lucky enuff to meet a pro but ive skated with AM's quite a few times

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #248 on: August 31, 2010, 07:32:35 AM »
skated with grant patterson, paul trep, paul machnau, and chad dickson a month ago. dudes are so good, well paul machnau didnt evne skate actually but he was a nice guy.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #249 on: August 31, 2010, 08:45:14 AM »
this is slap...no one wants to hear about guys in giant shirts and being nice.....

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #250 on: August 31, 2010, 09:30:51 AM »
Matt Pailes and his crew were going to jump me an my boy because we beat them in a contest and because we supposedly were trying to ? 1 up them on tricks. I've skated at not really with Eric Pupeci a ton of times at spots but he was an anti social jerk would almost always leave spots if you showed up. Jay Maxwell, Rob Gangemi ( not sure how it spelled), Jahmal Williams, Mike Graham, Donny Barley, BA were all cool to skate with back in the day. Skated the spine at the Hut with Alva a bunch of times. Skated with PJ and Gallant a handful of times in Worchester. They are both amazing. Even there warm up tricks at some spots were ridiculous. Met alot of guys at demos back in the day which doesn't really count but Donger, Sheffey, Dune. Ed Templeton, Valley, Koston. Although we did take Koston to handrail spot accross the street at a YMCA we used to skate back in his 101 days.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:34:14 AM by stephop »

gkn00dlez

« Reply #251 on: August 31, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »
I've had some pretty good ones.

-My friend tried to buy a beer off of Lizard at the Low Life tour with a Canadian bill. Lizard laughed when my homie told him "If you ever go on a tour in Canada this is legit weed money." Lizard gave us both a beer and proceeded to tell us about how Canadian weed is the grennest weed he's ever seen.

-Brian Anderson paid for me and my girl to look through a telescope at some planets one night in New Orleans. I've seen him in the city several times since then.

-I gave Nuge the mushrooms off of my pizza.

-Saw Leo buying band-aids and a drink at a CVS in Texas. He was .45 short. I thought about giving him some change. But times were tough.

-Was there for this

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #252 on: August 31, 2010, 03:46:52 PM »
this is slap...no one wants to hear about CHRIS LAMBERT

fixed this for you.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

deanzOOO

• Rep: -6
« Reply #253 on: August 31, 2010, 04:02:20 PM »
Ryan Smith gave me a cigarette outside a bar in dublin, I don't smoke but I took it anyway becuase it was funny.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #254 on: August 31, 2010, 04:09:53 PM »
earlier this week i saw Beagle, Greco and someone else skating this sidewalk bump to ledge spot on Sunset Blvd in Silver Lake.  no filming, they were just skating (Beagle too).  kind of wanted to stop and watch but would have felt dumb
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

alienlurkshop

• Rep: -32
« Reply #255 on: August 31, 2010, 08:23:41 PM »
skating some gap downtown and dane burman, jimmy carlin, and lindsey robertson show up and do all the tricks my friends did.
got to see chima and david loy in the same place and they end up wrestling and chima threw loy through a table.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #256 on: August 31, 2010, 08:54:52 PM »
earlier this week i saw Beagle, Greco and someone else skating this sidewalk bump to ledge spot on Sunset Blvd in Silver Lake.  no filming, they were just skating (Beagle too).  kind of wanted to stop and watch but would have felt dumb

the ledge that goes from high to low? that things so fun.

A MAN

• Rep: 68
    • SKATE TIT avatar image
« Reply #257 on: September 01, 2010, 06:31:21 AM »
-Brian Anderson paid for me and my girl to look through a telescope at some planets one night in New Orleans.

Ha ha - that's got to be the most charming encounter with a pro out of all of them. Makes BA is greater.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #258 on: September 01, 2010, 06:57:22 AM »
I ran into Donger back in 2000 at a random Buddhist Temple in Hong Kong. Was unexpected 'cause it was a completely non-skate related situation. He was super nice though.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1001
« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2010, 07:02:39 AM »
I ran into Donger back in 2000 at a random Buddhist Temple in Hong Kong. Was unexpected 'cause it was a completely non-skate related situation. He was super nice though.
Did he ollie it?

BriDen

« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2010, 07:13:38 AM »
How did you know it was him?

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #261 on: September 01, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
the ledge that goes from high to low? that things so fun.

yeah, it's on Sunset kind of on the border between Silver Lake and Echo Park.  there's a bunch of tagging all over the wall.

i haven't tried to skate it cuz i suck at street and probably wouldn't even be able to ollie into a grind on it.  it's pretty high (for me).  looks fun though
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2010, 08:35:34 AM »
not a pro but sponsored at least - Jason Cloette

He was at the park yesterday and i saw him do an ollie nose manual on a 4 ft high ledge, was fucking insane

Preck.

• Rep: -20
« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2010, 09:29:16 AM »
last winter a few friends and I took a trip to sacramento to skate some spots, 3 spots we showed up to the analog team popped up like 20 minutes later, we'd say what's up every time but all we could get out of them was some muffled hellos. dylan reider was into landing his tricks and glaring at us major douchey vibe coming off of that guy, but sammy winters gave my friend some shoes which was cool.

leftcoast415

• Rep: -2
« Reply #264 on: September 06, 2010, 10:41:42 AM »
during the weekend, i went to the potrero skatepark in sf, and saw peter ramondetta, he was shredding hella hard, then he fucked up his ankle and left. it was amazing to watch him skate the park the way he did

adumb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #265 on: September 06, 2010, 10:54:05 AM »
I've got a bunch, here are some of the more memorable ones

Met Berra at my friends mini back home in probably '98 or '99. He was in town for Christmas or something and showed up with Clark from The Faint and some other bro. He was really nice, I remember ripping an ad out of a magazine for him to sign and he started laughing and signed my shirt instead.

Smoked a bowl with TnT, in my mom's car, outside that same shop. The Anti Hero guys were rolling through town and a guy they had with them knew the shop owner. He was kinda quiet but overall a nice guy. After we got high we all went to the park and Tony did everything first try then ran around with his dog.

Met Kanten Russell, Smolik, Dobstaff, and Josh Kasper at an Osiris demo. Jerry hsu was there but he was getting mobbed by kids. Kanten is super nice, Smolik was drunk, Dobstaff wanted to buy weed, and Josh Kasper watched skate videos with kids.

Skated with Nesser a handful of times at lake Owen. He's always in a good mood it seems.

Ran into Mark Appleyard at the Zumiez 100k thing a couple years back. We were both outside this bar smoking and this drunk bitch slipped on the ice. Mark asked if she was okay and she snapped "Im fine! Are you okay?!" He just laughed and went inside. I saw him again the next day snowboarding. Appleyard is a really fucking good snowboarder too.

Bummed Matt Beach a cigarette at a Nike demo last fall. He was super nice and very polite. We talked about Portland and snowboarding, then he got upset because his Slayer shirt got ripped.

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #266 on: September 06, 2010, 06:14:11 PM »
I saw Gershon does that count?  I tried to say what's up, but he just gave me the thousand mile stare. 

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »
I saw Gershon does that count?  I tried to say what's up, but he just gave me the thousand mile stare. 
yeah i see him around long beach alot and hes a general asshole. rips tho.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #268 on: September 06, 2010, 08:03:06 PM »
Clint Peterson, Steve Nesser and Seth Mccallum did a demo at my old local park and we met up with them at some party afterwords and going to some rich girl who skated place. She was very hot and everyone wanted a piece, and I think Clint buried his flag.

In like 03 or 04 Dna dist did I think it was called "the trisec tour" or something like that. We ended up taking Kalis, Flo, Alex Carilino and greg myers around detroit to show them spots. On the same tour, brian wenning ate out some infamous skate slut. poor guy. He probably ate some local heroes babies.

City did "crime in the motor city" back in 06 and they came and partied and skated our ramp for the night. Tony Vitello and Jeremy reeves threw their beers on some girl after she punched me in the face. It was a good night.

I seen chris pastras lurking around hollywood one time, he was probably looking for jason lee.

yeahmmm

• Rep: -23
« Reply #269 on: September 06, 2010, 09:24:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah i see him around long beach alot and hes a general asshole. rips tho.

When I was about 11 or 12 I had a mini ramp that'd he skate quiet a bit and was super nice always.  We even brought him skating to some spots around my house and he was really nice.  This was a long time ago though so he might have changed.