Author Topic: Encounters with Pro Skaters  (Read 147370 times)

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
Re: Encounters with Pro Skaters
« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2010, 05:16:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
met dylan rieder at crossroads, said wassup to him and tried to give the classic fist pound but i guess when your droppin bangers, you dont give fist pounds
[close]

ooo burn
[close]

maybe he thought you would like to punch him because you dont like his clothes. did he take a dive?

or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2010, 08:24:29 AM »
I too met dylan rieder once. I pointed at the cover of focus mag, it was ryan nix doing a switch polejam, and told him 'you should be more like this guy'. he looked at me with this strange expression, and one of the shop guys next to him said 'who, ryan nix? that guy's a pile'. then he saw I was riding an oyola deck and told dylan to 'listen to him, no matter what! he obviously knows whats up!'.

some classic east coast bullshitting for dylan, wonder if he thought much of it.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

DuckDuckQuack

« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2010, 10:24:15 AM »
David Clark came to my local park in Athens yesterday, he was super rad.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:34:41 PM by DuckDuckQuack »

sabeat

« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2010, 05:35:41 PM »
The first pro i encounted was jereme rodgers in my local skateshop in Belfast, northern ireland, circa 2003. Berra, getz and paul shier had already left for the demo and had accidentally left him behind. Local ripper asked him if he was partying after the demo and he said 'I'm not much of a drinker unless im at home.' He had the squeakiest voice ever, he seriously sounded like michael jackson back then. The demo wasnt great because not many people turned up, but JR killed it. Berra slammed on a flip back 50 on a square rail 15 minutes in and stopped skating. I remember being pissed daewon wasnt there. That skatepark was tiny, like the size of a double garage.

Saw flo marfiang in nantes, France. he rips hard. Was just me and him in this marble skatepark. i Had no idea he was skating switch.

Saw Nick jensen on the london underground at tottenham court road, he was covered in paint.

When my friend moved out to barcelona a few years ago he chilled with tom penny quite regularly. if anyone is famiiliar with the skate bar manolo and know how far it is from MACBA, they managed to stop FIVE times to roll joints on the way there (its a 10 minute walk, maybe less). Dude is crazy for the herb. Penny would crouch beside him (not even sit) and not say anything for a while and just sorta nod at his joint. Hes a little tripped out and weird, he doesnt scream 'legendary skater' with his demeanor.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 05:49:02 PM by sabeat »

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #304 on: September 19, 2010, 12:13:18 PM »
skated with tom watts yesterday, he said hes no longer sponsored by unabomber but hes not bothered about finding another sponsor any time soon, he was ripping shit up still though

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #305 on: September 19, 2010, 01:06:56 PM »
The first pro i encounted was jereme rodgers in my local skateshop in Belfast, northern ireland, circa 2003. Berra, getz and paul shier had already left for the demo and had accidentally left him behind. Local ripper asked him if he was partying after the demo and he said 'I'm not much of a drinker unless im at home.' He had the squeakiest voice ever, he seriously sounded like michael jackson back then. The demo wasnt great because not many people turned up, but JR killed it. Berra slammed on a flip back 50 on a square rail 15 minutes in and stopped skating. I remember being pissed daewon wasnt there. That skatepark was tiny, like the size of a double garage.

Saw flo marfiang in nantes, France. he rips hard. Was just me and him in this marble skatepark. i Had no idea he was skating switch.

Saw Nick jensen on the london underground at tottenham court road, he was covered in paint.

When my friend moved out to barcelona a few years ago he chilled with tom penny quite regularly. if anyone is famiiliar with the skate bar manolo and know how far it is from MACBA, they managed to stop FIVE times to roll joints on the way there (its a 10 minute walk, maybe less). Dude is crazy for the herb. Penny would crouch beside him (not even sit) and not say anything for a while and just sorta nod at his joint. Hes a little tripped out and weird, he doesnt scream 'legendary skater' with his demeanor.

jensen must of just finished filming for the make friends with the colour blue intro
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

gkn00dlez

« Reply #306 on: September 19, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »

Met the Altamont team at a signing a while back. Herman was really drunk.

Big surprise

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #307 on: September 19, 2010, 04:21:23 PM »
saw worrest, tx, eldridge, kelly hart and a bunch of other es dudes at wilson yesterday (as well as the uprise crew). they were all obviously tired from a lot of skating but it was a fun session. kids had a good time, i enjoyed it, lots of good skating, they gave us all hot dogs and burgers (thanks a lot for that guys). it wasn't a normal demo vibe, it was a lot more laid back and i really enjoyed that more than watching dudes do demo bangers over and over. there wasn't even a stair jumping session. always nice to leave what could be a really wack demo with a good feeling.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #308 on: September 19, 2010, 06:53:09 PM »
I fucking love wilson park.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #309 on: September 19, 2010, 08:18:16 PM »
Never really had a terrible experience with a pro i remember Dan Pensyl almost ran me over one time at this temp park in Brooklyn....he was goin Mach 10 with loose ass trucks so we crashed into each other an he tried to make it seem like it was my fault but you cant tell which way he's gonna go.....Kalis is really nice talked to him about gangsta rap for like 10 min...Malcom Watson was a really nice dude i saw him skating around everyday for like 4 days in NYC....Puleo gets a bad rep but he's been nice to me the times i seen him. Dave Caddo was smith grinding these benches at my hood spot but he skates that kinda thing for video's all the time....The funniest had to be the 3rd time i saw the Gonz since he moved to NYC there was a contest going on for like local dudes in Harlem (it was a wednesdays with reda for a billy rohan contest)and the ams were up but during the contest he was goin balls out on the handrail didnt care what was goin on, he snaked a 10 year old kid did Front lipslide down a 9 stair handrail he ate shit on most of the day and bounced...Brezinski was really cool smiles all the time....for ams Matt Miller is nice...

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #310 on: September 19, 2010, 08:22:51 PM »
saw alex olsen over by chinatown the other day. gave him the nod and he nodded back.

RICExBOWL666

• Rep: -9
  • There is no God no satan we are just smart animals
« Reply #311 on: September 19, 2010, 11:25:15 PM »
I saw Ron Whaley in Safe way today...I didn't say anything though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #312 on: September 20, 2010, 12:36:33 AM »
went to a skate comp about 3 hours away in medicine hat. chad tim tim and josh harmony were there guest judging. there was only one portapotty, and the comp was in a fairly public area on canada day, so no where close to urinate unnoticed. drank alot to keep hydrated on a hot day, i end up waiting to use the portapotty, waiting, waiting, waiting. then emerges tim tim, i recognize him and im sure he noticed. he just makes a "stinky air" face and waves his hand to dissapate the air a goes "pffff whew" we both laugh and he goes on his way.

later on that summer i got invited to a retailers weekend at the element camp east of fresno, met tim tim again. super rad dude. aswell as levi brown, nick garcia and my skate hero jeremy wray. everyone seemed like they were getting too rowdy but wray. i dont drink so i chilled it with him and shot the shit. real good feeling when someone you looked upto actual turns out to be a cool person.

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -317
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2010, 02:46:52 AM »

At what age did you experience your first car bombing?
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

S.E.

« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2010, 05:25:12 AM »
Saw malto and a friend in the airport security line last spring break.  He saw my board in my hand, I saw who he was.  There was some awkward stares the entire time we were walking through security.

sabeat

« Reply #315 on: September 20, 2010, 09:38:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

never have. Belfast isnt as bad as its cracked up to be. That shit died off in the early 90's, its really nice now. Except we have zero skateparks or street spots. DIY all day

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #316 on: September 20, 2010, 04:52:45 PM »
I know David Reyes and Windsor aren't pro, but they are the best dudes. Ernie Torres is extremely nice as well.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #317 on: September 20, 2010, 05:40:10 PM »
Andy McDonald signed my shoe.

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #318 on: September 20, 2010, 05:43:14 PM »
once alex olsen jumped out from behind a parked car to scare me and billy rohan.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #319 on: September 21, 2010, 01:35:21 AM »
Used to skate with Boulala and Marnell backin the days

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #320 on: September 21, 2010, 06:40:19 PM »
All austin has got is jake nunn and cody McEntire, I've skated shit with them but so has everyone else.

Edward Sebastian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • This is what we live for.
« Reply #321 on: September 21, 2010, 07:02:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

never have. Belfast isnt as bad as its cracked up to be. That shit died off in the early 90's, its really nice now. Except we have zero skateparks or street spots. DIY all day

i've been there a few times, and you gotta admit, it's still pretty sketchy haha. i remember the "peace lines" being super dauting (a row of houses along one of them was on fire last time i was there), and the falls road and shankill road areas are pretty ghetto.
"RIP to myself one day" - JR Blastoff

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
« Reply #322 on: September 21, 2010, 08:08:29 PM »
deerman...

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #323 on: September 21, 2010, 08:16:57 PM »
i was chilling at a now defunct skate shop in the marina del rey area, about 8 years ago, when a few pros/ams on the girl/chocolate team came in looking super sketchy. sweaty, bug eyed and all twitchy.

they went to the shop owner and huddled around him, asked him about some guy. than they started talking about borrowing/owing somebody money. it was clear that they had all know each other for a long time.

the owner tripped for a second, than saw all of us (the customers) staring at him and than took all of the crew into the back of the shop, away from all of us.

there was some shouting and pleading, than a few minutes later all of the said skaters promptly boned out of the shop.

"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #324 on: September 22, 2010, 01:52:25 AM »
went to carmel valley skatepark and saw andy mac murderizing the bowl.  say what you want about him, but don't let it be that he's no good at skating.  crazy fs blunts.  he was riding prototype axless theeves and he let my friend ride his board to see what they felt like.  really nice dude.
life poser

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #325 on: September 22, 2010, 02:35:09 AM »
went to carmel valley skatepark and saw andy mac murderizing the bowl.  say what you want about him, but don't let it be that he's no good at skating.  crazy fs blunts.  he was riding prototype axless theeves and he let my friend ride his board to see what they felt like.  really nice dude.
Andy Mac sure can ride a skateboard, but he is awfully boring to watch in contests, he have done the same line now for 16 years, wish he would come up with something new.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
« Reply #326 on: September 22, 2010, 08:44:03 AM »
yeah but when everyone else at the park is doing axel stalls....it's pretty exciting stuff....

tonysean

« Reply #327 on: September 22, 2010, 12:01:54 PM »
I met Tony Hawk at Kona Skatepark's 30th anniversary party/demo thing. Other than that the whole Elwood crew and the whole LRG crew at 561 Skateboarding signings.

Rutger Hauer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #328 on: September 22, 2010, 12:13:55 PM »
i was chilling at a now defunct skate shop in the marina del rey area, about 8 years ago, when a few pros/ams on the girl/chocolate team came in looking super sketchy. sweaty, bug eyed and all twitchy.

they went to the shop owner and huddled around him, asked him about some guy. than they started talking about borrowing/owing somebody money. it was clear that they had all know each other for a long time.

the owner tripped for a second, than saw all of us (the customers) staring at him and than took all of the crew into the back of the shop, away from all of us.

there was some shouting and pleading, than a few minutes later all of the said skaters promptly boned out of the shop.

Hahaa this was a good one.
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug?"
"I don't know what my appeal is. I can see I've got blue eyes and don't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I can't understand the fuss."

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #329 on: September 22, 2010, 02:35:14 PM »
I was at a nike demo and Todd Jordan was joking with the other guys about how he wasn't trying to skate.  And he didn't.  It was very disappointing.  P-Rod killed it.