Author Topic: Post your DIY spots  (Read 196410 times)

scumline

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post your DIY spots
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2010, 01:22:56 PM »
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

a spot we made but its gone now

Analog_Art

• Rep: -50
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2010, 09:31:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ledge im buildin in the backyard....

[close]
whats that top material called??
[close]
im not sure but im pretty sure you can find it as plastic decking material at any home depot. it's kind of expensive but it's worth it in my opinion.

Its Buttery

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • https://vimeo.com/user36500511
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2010, 10:17:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ledge im buildin in the backyard....

[close]
whats that top material called??
[close]
im not sure but im pretty sure you can find it as plastic decking material at any home depot. it's kind of expensive but it's worth it in my opinion.

[close]

Its Buttery

you've skated it?

Mandrew

• Rep: 0
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2011, 05:44:25 AM »
This is our DYI spot.. Took ous 4 months to build, we did it for free.. It's called the Bunkern and it's hella gnarly. It's in a town called Gefle in Sweden.. Nothing for pussys that cant take a slam!

All hail the bunker! The skating is Element Europe summer 2010.

dlx111

• Rep: -58
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »
couple questions. i want to build a curb ledge and ive seen some good curbs around town but i wanted to know how hard they are to actually pick up like from the rebar or whatever, like should i just use a crowbar and shimmy it up?
and also if i were to build an A ramp or kicker out of concrete and i was pouring on concrete would i have to do anything other than form it and pour it?

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2011, 12:29:33 PM »
This is our DYI spot.. Took ous 4 months to build, we did it for free.. It's called the Bunkern and it's hella gnarly. It's in a town called Gefle in Sweden.. Nothing for pussys that cant take a slam!

All hail the bunker! The skating is Element Europe summer 2010.

That place looks sick.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Froston

• Rep: 9
  • BeerShits
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2011, 05:39:14 PM »
working hard on this spot

That bowl looks like it sucks dick.

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2011, 10:45:07 PM »
on an abandon highway stretch thats really secluded from everything. pretty much just out in the woods, super nice on a good day

just a few hours away from me in Burlington VT

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #188 on: March 31, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
I just got a warehouse, and I want to see some pics of homebrew indoor spots. Anyone have some fun/creative designs to share?

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #189 on: March 31, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »
couple questions. i want to build a curb ledge and ive seen some good curbs around town but i wanted to know how hard they are to actually pick up like from the rebar or whatever, like should i just use a crowbar and shimmy it up?
and also if i were to build an A ramp or kicker out of concrete and i was pouring on concrete would i have to do anything other than form it and pour it?

Crowbars work fine, just make sure you don't chip up the curb when you pull it up. I also recommend a heavy duty hand truck to move it around or an old board that you don't mind ruining the grip tape on. Post pics when you are done. 

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2011, 11:47:46 PM »

that is still to this day my favorite spot I've ever skated. its on an old abandoned highway, its a short walk through the woods to the Burton bowl, and one time, I almost got a bs bluntslide to fakie on it over the channel (but opted to hurt my hip and then catch pneumonia from too much partying afterwords.) Last time i went there, some asshole had covered the entire thing in paraffin wax. me and my buddies had some crazy ideas about possibly liberating it with some blow torches or something, but i guess someone else already took care of it.
I love that spot so much, I even spent the time to make this:
@idealhandmades

VictoriousOG

« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
My friends actually did something right and made this ledge on a slab they found. Skated it today and it was so awesome.

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2011, 02:41:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, what were they thinking? everyone knows that building concrete trannies is super easy to get right your first time....

i'm sure the one you built is way better. why not post some pics and dazzle us?
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2011, 09:27:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that is still to this day my favorite spot I've ever skated. its on an old abandoned highway, its a short walk through the woods to the Burton bowl, and one time, I almost got a bs bluntslide to fakie on it over the channel (but opted to hurt my hip and then catch pneumonia from too much partying afterwords.) Last time i went there, some asshole had covered the entire thing in paraffin wax. me and my buddies had some crazy ideas about possibly liberating it with some blow torches or something, but i guess someone else already took care of it.

glad someone else enjoyed that spot as much as I did.  and yeah I did hear that same thing about it being coated in wax then melting down tranny but apparently its been skateable for the last year or so. I guess theres also some other DIY creations down there like a few other tighter trannies and maybe a cinder block ledge or two and yesss you can actually hear people skating the bowl from that spot ahhhh I love Burlington.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2011, 07:23:51 AM »
how do you guys move parking blocks? just get like 6 dudes to heev-hoe and bring it to the spot?

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2011, 09:38:03 AM »
how do you guys move parking blocks? just get like 6 dudes to heev-hoe and bring it to the spot?
2 dudes one pick up truck.
@idealhandmades

aleksander

• Rep: 121
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2011, 08:07:42 PM »
I set up a thing in an old barn here. It's pretty hoopty but it is something for being in the middle of nowhere.

In one pic you can kinda see the bank ramps, a little ledge and a railroad tie curb I put in the middle.

"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
I set up a thing in an old barn here. It's pretty hoopty but it is something for being in the middle of nowhere.

In one pic you can kinda see the bank ramps, a little ledge and a railroad tie curb I put in the middle.

that looks fucking awesome

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2011, 09:10:51 PM »
My friends actually did something right and made this ledge on a slab they found. Skated it today and it was so awesome.

Damn that spot is tight, just like all the spots in this thread.

Simon Sandleshit

• Rep: -1
« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2011, 10:10:41 PM »
Expand Quote
be careful with that shit, me and a couple buddies stole a parking block for our diy project and got caught. $250 fine and a misdemeanor of larceny <$200.
[close]

fuck, are you kidding me?? thanx for the heads up, how did you guys get rolled? we've just been pullin up in broad daylight thinkin nobody would give 2 shits. i'm not stressin to hard cuz everything is done now but good looks for the future missions.

how hard was it to pick it up/move it?

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2011, 03:17:03 AM »
HELDEN VON HEUT`
was our diy spot for almost 2,5 years, its gone now and going to be a business park or something soon. rip.

Kitto Horsley

Re: DIY
« Reply #201 on: June 20, 2011, 06:14:15 AM »
This is so amazing, the brick bowl and the weird banks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmcDLGmlRp8&feature=player_embedded#
Me and a friend are hopefully going to Malmo next summer bit in advance i know but she knows loads of guys over and has actually met pontus at at wedding.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2011, 03:00:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
glad someone else enjoyed that spot as much as I did.  and yeah I did hear that same thing about it being coated in wax then melting down tranny but apparently its been skateable for the last year or so. I guess theres also some other DIY creations down there like a few other tighter trannies and maybe a cinder block ledge or two and yesss you can actually hear people skating the bowl from that spot ahhhh I love Burlington.

this is from four summers ago when i first went there. rumor has it that the burlington park used to be up there before they made a new one on the water. burton bowl aint too bad either if you have a key/know someone with a key

there have been talks of the town tearing out the pre-fab park and remaking the whole thing from scratch. colonial(doug death and crew) is most likely going to rebuild it if that happens. pretty much it's a whoever wants to show up and help out make stuff from scratch crew. we might just try and built onto the molded pieces of shit though and see what happens with it
fuck you bama

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2011, 08:15:04 AM »
Here a little more action from the burlington barrier that I got
some footage from a while back (I'm thinking 2007-ish) I'm really looking forward to seeing what the new stuff there looks like.
burlingtonbarrier

and my buddy that lives and works in burlington sent me a facebook message with this picture of a miniramp he's recently gotten access to. looks like so much fun.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 09:19:39 AM by sweatercuff »
@idealhandmades

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2011, 04:20:46 PM »
Late night session at the park we noticed the wooden garbage cans height was perfect for how wide quarter pipes in a garage needed to be. Used them to make 2 quarters. had everything else I needed. Just need to put masonite on the top since the old wood flaked.
Used the measurements from the launch ramps in the thrasher book.

JustHeshingAround

• Rep: -43
  • Lurk with me
    • Mostly Skating: A Blog By Jay avatar image
« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2011, 01:54:37 PM »
anybody know of some DIY spots around in Minneasota or the western half of Wisconsin?
All Hail Gnardiel

G.Lewis

« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2011, 01:27:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yeah, what were they thinking? everyone knows that building concrete trannies is super easy to get right your first time....

i'm sure the one you built is way better. why not post some pics and dazzle us?
Yes, I was going to say that was a prickish thing to say.  Besides, the guy that helped build it already said it sucked.  Try, try, try again.  You never learn if you don't try.

marginal way

• making it happen
« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2011, 12:02:13 PM »
and if trying or learning is just too much for you, there's always critiquing the work of others on the internet, right?

you should see how horrible some of the first things we built at the bridge were. if you decide you wanna build your own stuff to skate, guess what? your first few attempts will most likely suck. especially if you're trying to build tranny. 

i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
That spot looked fun, though I can't get behind tagging spots, quick way to get shit closed down!!

marginal way

• making it happen
« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2011, 05:50:01 PM »
^troof. to most of the "powers that be" tags=gang activity, and gang activity=shutdown.