Author Topic: Post your DIY spots  (Read 196424 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Re: Post your DIY spots
« Reply #450 on: May 07, 2015, 09:12:03 PM »
I want to become a professional skate boarder and need your guide guys. Can you help me on it? I am sure you can guide me to a better way. I really loved this forum for its cool information.

Post a fit Janet!

shark tits

« Reply #451 on: May 07, 2015, 09:29:17 PM »
i wanna stab whoever keeps fucking w/ my diamond plate on the launch of the pyramid but here's a bail to show our new obstacle. one of these days i'll glue the diamond plate down, add some potting soil to the flat and throw some nasturtiums and wild flowers in there for aesthetic value and flavor [nasturtiums taste like pepper]. you can't see in the video but on the north side i affixed some moss covered bricks and gonna add yogurt so more moss grows. i've got the motivation to make more QuirkWave obstacles if anyone in my area has a car to help me or just wants to skate my ramps and nibble at my satchel.
i'm calling it a land, pyramid of Cheops

Dengles

« Reply #452 on: May 09, 2015, 03:54:46 AM »
Here's a shot of a local DIY by where I'm studying abroad at the moment in Queensland.  This place has this kicker over the bar and a few perfect marble ledge that you can kind of see in this shot.  It also has a wally-able rock. 

There's a few more DIY's that I know of back in Maryland that haven't been posted here but the images I have are too large to post. 

Powdered Toast Man!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #453 on: August 14, 2015, 01:48:17 PM »
Started cleaning an abandoned mcdonalds parking lot for a couple of months and added  some  layers into the curbs, put a pole jam and now gathered some locals to build a spine, which we will hopefully finish today
The ground is smooth and theres walls, so many possibilities to build shit!

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #454 on: August 14, 2015, 02:02:01 PM »
Started cleaning an abandoned mcdonalds parking lot for a couple of months and added  some  layers into the curbs, put a pole jam and now gathered some locals to build a spine, which we will hopefully finish today
The ground is smooth and theres walls, so many possibilities to build shit!

Sick!
How did you build the spine? Thinking about putting one in at my local DIY

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #455 on: August 14, 2015, 02:08:23 PM »
The materials are basically cinder blocks, a parking block, portland cement and rubbish to fill in and shape the vert
Check out skatediy on insta or some older pages from this thread

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #456 on: August 14, 2015, 06:04:43 PM »
The materials are basically cinder blocks, a parking block, portland cement and rubbish to fill in and shape the vert
QP looks smooth did you need to rub brick it after it dried? ^Serve DIY's not burgers!

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #457 on: August 14, 2015, 10:31:18 PM »
Don't know if any of you guys have seen this but Deluxe has put up some basic how to's on DIY stuff

http://www.dlxsf.com/thebuildproject/resources.html

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #458 on: August 15, 2015, 11:09:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
QP looks smooth did you need to rub brick it after it dried? ^Serve DIY's not burgers!
"IM SKATIN' IT"
Nah but Its smoothish as is, but thats a good idea thanks for the heads up

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #459 on: November 21, 2015, 10:42:51 AM »
The Szaber Bowl, Not my local DIY but helped a few days being there. Is in Warsaw, Poland.. Is next to another DIY spot named POWISLE, is under a bridge and is amazing.......

Check this pics I post in my web the day of the building..

http://culturapatinetera.com/194722/europost-3-varsovia-d-i-y/][url]http://culturapatinetera.com/194722/europost-3-varsovia-d-i-y/[/url]

Varsovia D.Y.I - Powisle & Szaber on Vimeo
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

JAesop

« Reply #460 on: November 21, 2015, 11:18:48 AM »

Just finished this about an hour ago from scrap lumber I found. Time to go find a good wall.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #461 on: November 23, 2015, 04:15:02 PM »
^I'd love to skate a wall ride ramp again someday! I made one when I was around 13 years old and didn't have much tranny background.

The funny thing was I wasn't particularly comfortable with FS stuff at the time so I spent a lot of time bailing backside wallrides. When I finally did try frontside wallrides I immediately started out landing them and was fairly decent with them.

Coenobita

« Reply #462 on: April 20, 2016, 11:32:54 PM »
Kansas City DIY.

http://harrisonstreetdiy.blogspot.com/

Dude... Thanks a million for posting that blog! Can't believe after years and years, I just noticed this thread.

My friend and I invested in a bunch of concrete bricks for our next DIY adventure. Last try our angle iron was stolen and the spot was sledgehammered. Hopefully I'll have something to post soon.  :)

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #463 on: June 19, 2016, 11:00:03 PM »
https://instagram.com/p/n8ZHE5MFwn/

Our diy, old photo. Just finished this on the left corner of that first pic: https://instagram.com/p/BGcvlM4g-X6/
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 11:03:17 PM by Krooked antihero »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #464 on: June 22, 2016, 07:34:53 PM »
Kansas City DIY.

http://harrisonstreetdiy.blogspot.com/
my buddy was just there, looks pretty damn cool!

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 115
« Reply #465 on: June 23, 2016, 08:25:44 AM »
did this, like 5 years ago

then i moved away and now its getting more and more fucked

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #466 on: June 23, 2016, 11:25:06 AM »
I'm looking to build something like this

on the left,

but made of wood. Has anyone done something like this before? Seems easy enough but I'm not sure what sort of wood would be heavy duty enough to not just topple over or move anytime someone hit it.
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #467 on: June 23, 2016, 11:46:00 PM »

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #469 on: August 02, 2016, 09:46:43 PM »

That looks like such a fun spot, I have my eye on a similar bank spot I came across recently that could use a little tranny on the bottom just need to stop being lazy.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #470 on: August 02, 2016, 10:55:28 PM »

bottom picture had an old concrete blob jump built by bmx'ers that has been taken out.

Squirrel Girl

« Reply #471 on: August 31, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »

18 cinder blocks and 18 slabs, angle iron from lowe's, and countless tubes of Loctite construction adhesive and liquid nails. It cost me about 80 dollars and took an hour and a half to build. It's higher than it looks from this angle.

Can't wait to build more stuff! Unfortunately, with the scene around here, everyone is all talk and no show. Several people said they'd pitch in money and help me build it. That never happened. But guess what? They sure skate it...  ::)

shark tits

« Reply #472 on: August 31, 2016, 02:35:45 PM »

18 cinder blocks and 18 slabs, angle iron from lowe's, and countless tubes of Loctite construction adhesive and liquid nails. It cost me about 80 dollars and took an hour and a half to build. It's higher than it looks from this angle.

Can't wait to build more stuff! Unfortunately, with the scene around here, everyone is all talk and no show. Several people said they'd pitch in money and help me build it. That never happened. But guess what? They sure skate it...  ::)
That's one of my pet peeves but I feel your pain & I survive. Ledge looks a lot of fun/manny-able/wallride-offable. I got cash in pocket if anyone in central mass wants to build functioning if sometimes artsy spots. I'll buy, you drive

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #474 on: September 07, 2016, 12:26:40 AM »

Current state of our diy, urheilujuomapuisto in turku,finland. 5 years deep and growing.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #475 on: December 06, 2016, 09:38:52 PM »
Didn't want to start a new thread but any idea how to repair ledges with this kind of damage? I know bondo is an option but I was hoping for something you can quickly apply and dip because the bust factor is kinda high.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #476 on: December 17, 2016, 09:37:10 AM »
Nothing is quicker than bondo.

Slap it down, come back and sand it.

Marsellus Wallace

• Rep: 2
« Reply #477 on: January 04, 2017, 03:02:26 AM »
add bondo roughly - sand it down - add lacquer
it propably won?t go any easier or faster

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #478 on: January 12, 2017, 04:53:44 PM »
Didn't want to start a new thread but any idea how to repair ledges with this kind of damage? I know bondo is an option but I was hoping for something you can quickly apply and dip because the bust factor is kinda high.

If you want it to be a bit more perminant try this shit.

You need to brush and wash the crack out extremely well. If you have access to an impact hammer drill it makes it even better. Drill in a concrete tekscrew if the crack is deep enough and you can use that as an anchor when you pack the steel stick over it. I put in a few of those and they seem to last a solid six months or so on heavily hit spots. If it is just your own private spot then it could last years. I can't stress enough, clean the shit out of that gap. Any dust will cause the epoxy not stick properly.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #479 on: January 12, 2017, 05:20:56 PM »
Exactly the type of thing i was looking for thanks homie +1