Author Topic: vans x HUF shoe  (Read 5863 times)

kamltoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: vans x HUF shoe
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 09:42:57 AM »
Expand Quote

Yes keith hufnagel used his name association to gain recognition for his store,but they are obviously separate entities now. dvs has accepted that, maybe everyone else should too.

[close]

i just don't think you can disassociate keith the skater from huf the store.

who cares what you think if it's already a reality. they're separate entities. just because you just figured it out is no reason to keep talking. dumbass.

it sounds silly just saying that the should be recognized as separate but i won't continue to beat a dead horse.

noooo....

it sounds silly to say you don't understand the difference between an individual's image and a business entity when talking about contractual obligation and exclusivity. so maybe just stop talking contracts (whether you knew it or not, that's what you were talking about). dumbass.

and i agree with COTG, most of the people who are into HUF (the brand) probably think Keith Hufnagel is either a hipster extraordinaire or the bagel king of NY.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 10:23:35 AM »
Expand Quote
those are fucking sick! to bad they cost more than a regular oldskool, so ill be waiting for em at the oulet
[close]
vans outlets only get vans sold in vans stores. van stores dong get syndicates/pros/collabs

the vans outlet here has syndicates and all kinds of pro shoes/collabs,
ohyeahohyeah

spare change

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 10:36:53 AM »
Expand Quote

Yes keith hufnagel used his name association to gain recognition for his store,but they are obviously separate entities now. dvs has accepted that, maybe everyone else should too.

[close]

i just don't think you can disassociate keith the skater from huf the store.
it sounds silly just saying that the should be recognized as separate but i won't continue to beat a dead horse.

Would it be totally different if he used something that wasn't his moniker for the name of his shop/brand?
Why? His name is keith hufnagel. His stores name is huf. I can understand some confusion in the beginning when his shop first opened, but it's established,other stores not affiliated with huf carry there line. The problem lies within your mindset.
Keith has business partners, designers and investors. It's not a solo effort.

cops keep firing

• Rep: 63
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 11:37:51 AM »

It's not a solo effort.

ok i got.

and to kameltoe let me apologize for not having the infinite amount of wisdom you have.
next time i'll pull the answer to my question out of the thin fucking air. dumbass.
I mean, if the creator of the universe is truly concerned with where you put your penis, then surely he has an opinion on who had the best part in Fully Flared.

Shralpington

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 11:38:32 AM »
i cant believe the rage going on over this collab.

Huf, the store, has done converse, nike, adidas, vans, and countless other collabs with various brands that keith isnt sponsered by. whats the big deal?
 is it really that hard to fathom that a store, that just so happens to have been a nickname, does collabs with other brands?

if keith hufnagel limited himself, and his store, to only doing collabs with the brands he represents he wouldnt be making shit.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 12:21:46 PM »
Who buys DVS collaborations?
p-shuvs and v-flips

vihreekerma

• Rep: 21
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 12:35:23 PM »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 12:59:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HAahah

I bought the HUF/Foober/DVS collab at HUF when it came out. Sold it for under what I paid but what I wouldn't give to find another pair in my size. I know a lot of ya'll will hate on it but I thought the HUF 2's were one of his best shoes.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2009, 07:20:35 AM »
Expand Quote

It's not a solo effort.

[close]

ok i got.

and to kamltoe let me apologize for not having the huge fucking cock you have.
next time i'll pull the answer to my question out of google. I'm a dumbass.
^fixed.

and you didn't really have a question. it was a thinly veiled accusation.

...and a fail. dumbass.

k

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2009, 10:30:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

HAahah

[close]
I bought the HUF/Foober/DVS collab at HUF when it came out. Sold it for under what I paid but what I wouldn't give to find another pair in my size. I know a lot of ya'll will hate on it but I thought the HUF 2's were one of his best shoes.

I own these right now, Got them for cheap but I never had a chance to wear them. I got the teal/blue ones
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

TheFreshSC

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2009, 10:32:59 AM »
tate, i'm truly jealous of your shoe collection

cops keep firing

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2009, 11:20:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

It's not a solo effort.

[close]

ok i got.

and to kamltoe let me apologize for not having the huge fucking cock you have.
next time i'll pull the answer to my question out of google. I'm a dumbass.
[close]
^fixed.

and you didn't really have a question. it was a thinly veiled accusation.

...and a fail. dumbass.

k

thats cool in all but this is the second time i'll have to bring up huf eluding
my sort of fundamental understanding of being sponsored by a company.

first its the store full of nikes in hayes valley. we went over that; i.e. no one is allergic to money.
but now this? i don't understand how podium is just like "yeah make a shoe with vans even though
you ride for us." can anyone explain how this works? i don't believe any other pro has this much leeway.
i mean if it was an industry norm then koston just could have stayed on lakai and had a one off on nike.

sounds, looks, and seems like a question to me. you pretentious fuck.
I mean, if the creator of the universe is truly concerned with where you put your penis, then surely he has an opinion on who had the best part in Fully Flared.

Shralpington

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2009, 11:47:10 AM »
i'm not sure if you're still confused with this but here's a better explaination i think.

Huf, the store, has accounts with nike, converse, vans. They are sold at both SF and LA locations. Given that, Huf the store, is entitled to co brand any shoe company in which the store sells. Why can this be done was your question? Well its simple. As soon as the Huf logo, etc was trademarked. As soon as the first store opened, Keith separted himself with the store as being a complete different entity. So the store and The Huf name are totally seperate from Keith Hufnagel the rider. Just as he has done Huf store collabs with DVS, he is also completely free to do store related co-branding for any company he so chooses. Now, if Keith Hufnagel himself endorses a product, than all the companies he rides for are all he has to pick since he is under contract with these companies under "Kieth Hufnagel." this makes Huf, and everything product related, something that is totally different.

is that a bit easier to understand?

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2009, 12:10:04 PM »

Expand Quote
thats cool in all but this is the second time i'll have to bring up huf eluding
my sort of fundamental understanding of being sponsored by a company.

first its the store full of nikes in hayes valley. we went over that; i.e. no one is allergic to money.
but now this? i don't understand how podium is just like "yeah make a shoe with vans even though
you ride for us." can anyone explain how this works? i don't believe any other pro has this much leeway.
i mean if it was an industry norm then koston just could have stayed on lakai and had a one off on nike.
[close]

sounds, looks, and seems like a question to me. you pretentious fuck.

okay, i don't really know why i'm humoring you as the whole issue here is your reluctance to accept facts. but here i go AGAIN.

it sure does look like a question doesn't it. but when a question gets answered, it ceases to be. as in there's no more question, because the facts are there. right? following me here?

but when the question gets answered (rather matter of factly, i might add) and you come back with this:
Expand Quote
Huf is a store like supreme, recon, undefeated etc. It's not a keith hufnagel pro shoe it's a collaboration with his store.
[close]

if you really want to play that card, are you trying to say keith hufnagel's likeness and name don't have anything to do with the
success of his store and the expected success of this shoe?

this shoe is clearly not marketed towards the bubblegum tate/asian sneake rhead demographic.
huf is store is such a cheap shot, fair enough yet extremely cheap. that said you still haven't answered the question.

edit:

thats like saying if poets (gino's skateshop) had a collaboration with someone that it would sell because of how famous poets is on its on.
not having anything to with the the fact the gino opened the store. what kind of stupid shit is that? huf 'the store' is collaboration with vans
and it has nothing to do with 'huf' the man himself. are you high?

you're obviously disregarding the facts to try to make a dumb ass point that you've evidently made before in another thread. thus your statement ceases to be a question and moves into the realm of a thinly veiled accusation of (in your words), "huf eluding
my sort of fundamental understanding of being sponsored by a company".
  it's not hard to see what you're really trying to say. that huf must in some way have figured out how to represent more than just the sponsors that pay him to skate. and you make the accusation with a negative lean as well. but your assumption is stupid as fuck and a few of us have tried to expand your understanding past the fundamental. yet you resist.

so i say again. dumbass.

k

cops keep firing

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2009, 12:19:25 PM »
i'm not spending anymore debating with you kamltoe. i already explained above that it was a misunderstanding and i'm on the same page.
i said i wasn't going to continue to beat a dead horse but you insist on doing so. what are you trying to prove?
that you have a deeper understanding of industry related contracts than i do? good for you.

you are blowing this out of proportion for reasons i do not know. i simply asked how it was possible for huf 'the skater' to have a shoe
on vans and while being sponsored by dvs. the answer that was provided was that huf 'the skater' is in fact NOT getting a shoe on vans but rather huf 'the store' is doing a collaboration. very simple misunderstand on my part. i apologize to anyone who had to go out of their way to fathom and type that response.

are you happy now? probably not. so fuck off. this is a forum right? open discussion. get with the program.

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2009, 01:14:23 PM »
They look quite nice

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2009, 01:44:03 PM »

I own these right now, Got them for cheap but I never had a chance to wear them. I got the teal/blue ones

what do you mean you never had a CHANCE to wear them?

spare change

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2009, 08:58:08 PM »
Gotta match the kit yo!

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2009, 09:39:01 PM »
Gotta match the kit yo!

i was thinking maybe he could wear one of these "kits"

if not heres a handy guide:
http://www.ehow.com/how_3250_match-shoes-with.html