Author Topic: Zombies  (Read 8555 times)

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
Re: Zombies
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2009, 01:07:52 PM »
Has anyone heard about that zombie game that's played on college campuses?

Yeah, I'd like to know about that too.  My friend was telling me about one college where they have some huge game of tag where you can more or less be tagged anywhere in town. 

cool spot

• Rep: 20
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »
has anyone read pride and prejudice and zombies? my sister was supposed to send it to me when she finished it, but she never did. supposedly it is pride and prejudice edited to take place in the middle of the zombie apocalypse.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »
Dead Alive.

I wanna know how many gallons of blood was used in Dead Alive.

It says that they used 300 liters of blood in the final scene alone, that plus the lawnmower scene=shit tons.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »
Dead Alive.

I wanna know how many gallons of blood was used in Dead Alive.

It says that they used 300 liters of blood in the final scene alone, that plus the lawnmower scene=shit tons.

Holy shit.  That's ridiculous.

grimcity

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2049
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2009, 08:11:22 PM »
The lawnmower scene... CLASSIC. That, and "I kick ass for the Lord." haha Fucking rat monkeys!

Hate... I forget exactly where I'll be visiting, but I'll be going to a few rural schools in that general area, after I do my work I'll be able to come visit the fort. I have some cousins out there too, so it's on man.

whitemanjazz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 417
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2009, 08:47:39 PM »
Hopefully this game will come out...

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 440
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 12:07:20 AM »
Yeah to all the people talking about the Dawn Of The Dead remake, that one was actually a really good movie, despite my hatred for fast zombies. It was just a really well done movie.

Also one that came out recently that surprised me was Dance Of The Dead. It's corny and all the characters are so stereotypical, but it was worth a watch. There is a scene where they take some crazy landscaping vehicle to a crowd of zombies. Basically like a giant lawnmower. It's gruesome.

Choad - I'm pretty sure I was the one who turned you onto Last Night On Earth. Glad you found it. That game is so fucking fun.

Grim - What's the art like in the Zombie Survival Guide graphic novel?!

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 02:55:12 AM »
Would you fuck a zombie chick if she was still kinda hot?

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 03:36:26 AM »
The lawnmower scene... CLASSIC. That, and "I kick ass for the Lord." haha Fucking rat monkeys!

Hate... I forget exactly where I'll be visiting, but I'll be going to a few rural schools in that general area, after I do my work I'll be able to come visit the fort. I have some cousins out there too, so it's on man.

Sounds good man, I look forward to it!

As for Dawn remake... I liked it too despite not liking fast zombies (which makes me more ok with movies like 28 Day/Weeks, because they aren't zombies at all)

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
  • still rocklobster
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2009, 05:16:28 AM »
has shaun of the dead been mentioned already?? 

it warms my heart to find a fan of zombie movies...  one guy i used to skate with was a huge zombie movie fan, so i sent him WWZ which he loved... 

as for WWZ becoming a movie, i like the idea but i dont think it will get done well...  too many stories with too many interesting characters... they should do the book like a tv series, kinda like band of brothers... that way you dont lose out on the characters and story line....

last blood is a pretty good zombie comic... started reading it online recently and its about vampires who are trying to save the last remaining humans from the zombies so they have a supply of blood... pretty cool concept...

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1121
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2009, 05:35:35 AM »
Would you fuck a zombie chick if she was still kinda hot?
yeah, just don't put it in or around her mouth and you're fine. it'd make for a good campfire story after too.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

grimcity

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2009, 05:55:11 AM »
Not down for crotch rot...

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2009, 07:49:07 AM »
Choad - I'm pretty sure I was the one who turned you onto Last Night On Earth. Glad you found it. That game is so fucking fun.

word. yea I couldn't remember who posted about it before, thanks! It's quite the board game, the only thing is the rules are pretty overwhelming at first, causing a few arguments. But now that we've played it a few times it's going a lot smoother. It doesn't help that we are drunk and on drugs every time we play hehe.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 623
  • E. P.
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2009, 08:28:19 AM »
Yeah to all the people talking about the Dawn Of The Dead remake, that one was actually a really good movie, despite my hatred for fast zombies. It was just a really well done movie.

Also one that came out recently that surprised me was Dance Of The Dead. It's corny and all the characters are so stereotypical, but it was worth a watch. There is a scene where they take some crazy landscaping vehicle to a crowd of zombies. Basically like a giant lawnmower. It's gruesome.

The one where one of the characters is filming the whole thing with his handy cam?
Forever old

TEXAS

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2009, 09:32:03 AM »

The one where one of the characters is filming the whole thing with his handy cam?
You might be thinking of Diary of the Dead?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 11:17:04 AM »
Yeah you're thinking about Diary Of The Dead, and that was terrible. Sad really how hard Romero fell off. Land Of The Dead was hardly watchable, and Diary Of The Dead is the worst. After watching countless zombie movies me and my friend Lane have decided the two worst things are implied gore, where you never actually see anything, like when someone gets shot it is a quick edit of a guy with a dot drawn on his head throwing his head back, and then quickly cut to blood spraying on the wall. Terrible. But even worst than that which it seems like almost all zombie movies are doing now (even looks like it's going on in that Dead Snow trailer) is computer gore. Where the person acts like they are getting shot and then some FX wizard digitizes blood spraying from them. It looks fucking TERRIBLE!!!

Choad - Yeah obviously that game is always played while drinking which obviously causes some confusion. Luckily after I bought it on a road trip, and got it home, one of my friends told me that he had played it lots before so we sort of had a mentor to guide us through our first games, give us strategy tips and all that shit. Ever listen to the ambient soundtrack it came with? Ahahah terrible. We just put on metal instead. Makes it way more fun.

Rocklobster - Yeah I heard about that comic, that actually is a fucking amazing concept. Is it executed well in the comic?

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 11:33:58 AM »

Choad - Yeah obviously that game is always played while drinking which obviously causes some confusion. Luckily after I bought it on a road trip, and got it home, one of my friends told me that he had played it lots before so we sort of had a mentor to guide us through our first games, give us strategy tips and all that shit. Ever listen to the ambient soundtrack it came with? Ahahah terrible. We just put on metal instead. Makes it way more fun.

Ah lucky you, I had to read the rule book twice and basically teach everyone how to play when I still didn't really know what I was doing myself. You figure it out though, just lots of rules.

And yes, we had that CD on repeat last time we played. And yea it blows pretty hard, there's a couple tracks in the middle that kinda get you into it thou.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »
I remember one of the characters in land of the dead had a Antihero board, when the zombies finally got him, they tossed that shit in the ocean.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • still rocklobster
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 02:17:19 PM »
I remember one of the characters in land of the dead had a Antihero board, when the zombies finally got him, they tossed that shit in the ocean.

yeah i remember seeing that board...  the character was itching to get chomped, he faulted on all the basic rules of zombie survival...

Watson: ive only read the first issue on my iphone and its pretty good so far...  im trying to torrent the rest of it now, but no one is seeding...

anyone read marvel zombies?  how does that work out??

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2009, 11:32:37 PM »
Dude, Marvel Zombies is lame. I read a few. The heroes are dead, but they are still reasoning, using their powers, etc.

Not the kind of zombies I'm into.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • still rocklobster
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2009, 12:17:14 AM »
Dude, Marvel Zombies is lame. I read a few. The heroes are dead, but they are still reasoning, using their powers, etc.

thinking zombies suck... i like my zombies slow, mindless but relentless...

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2009, 12:59:06 AM »

These are the ONLY zombies!

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2009, 07:44:52 AM »

These are the ONLY zombies!

grimcity

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2009, 08:35:00 AM »
Super good... black and white with painted grayscales. When i get home I'll take a pic for ya man.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, 09:41:34 AM »
Don't worry about it. My brother just called me last night and told me he is buying it for me for my birthday! STOKED!!!

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2009, 09:54:19 AM »
I watched Night of the Living Dead (1968) last night for the first time. It was really fucking awesome. I had seen the re-make but never the original for some reason. The music score was so good in the OG.

(Gotta give it up to the original. Pretty bold to have a black lead role who slaps a white woman in 1968.)

Slap? More like a closed fist punch to the face haha he knocks her the fuck out, then un-buttons her shirt too. I was lol'ing

I also watch Fido last night, and was very entertained. Definatly see that flick, it's good for many laughs. Although I did want to beat the shit out of the dad the whole movie, dude was a straight pussy.

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »
Super good... black and white with painted grayscales. When i get home I'll take a pic for ya man.

Please do man, I have an order coming from an online place coming in Nov after all the Crossed shit is done and I can email him to just add it on if he has it, but I'd like to see it first if possible.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »
Oh yea, Fido, I was also hoping dementedly that the mom was gonna get it on with fido, the way they were eye fucking each other the whole flick, but it never happened.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »
I got my Zombie Survival Guide sitting right next to me. I let my friend borrow World War Z like a year ago, I see it sitting on his desk at his house, I just forget to ask about it.

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2009, 04:50:23 PM »
Alright, I have to put it out there.  Who else is preparing for a zombie apocalypse?  I've got a kukri machete for some head chopping action once I'm out of ammo, handsets, flashlights galore, survival gear/supplies, and I'm still shopping for a good shotgun.  I'm also working on a zombie screenplay (heaven knows I've seen plenty of bad zombie movies and it wouldn't hurt to attempt one myself).  One thing I hate about where I live is that I know that I probably wouldn't last too long if a zombie epidemic broke out.

Favorite zombie movies are Dead Alive, 28 days/weeks, and the Dawn of the Dead remake (I love the classic one too, but not as intensely).

How long do you think you'd last?  I'd reckon 3 days to a week for myself (I imagine dying trying to protect my wife and kids even though I know they'd only die next).
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.