Author Topic: Zombies  (Read 12294 times)

Canuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Zombies
« on: October 13, 2009, 06:53:51 AM »
I just saw Zombieland. It was good. And I`ve re-watched a couple since then. So, I was thinking it`d be cool to get peoples list of favorite Zombie-flicks.

I`ll start out with a couple classics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpuNE1cX03c&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXJrzCheiXw

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
Re: Zombies
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 06:57:20 AM »
lenny, where you at.

Boston.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 07:02:23 AM »

worst zombie movie of all time

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 07:16:20 AM »

"In the brains and not the chest, head shots are the very best"

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 07:32:58 AM »
Me and my friend started a Zombie Night where every Tuesday we would watch a different zombie movie. We've watched well over 60-70 of them. I've also read lots of zombie books such as The Zombie Survival Guide and Word War Z, as well as all the the Walking Dead comics, so I have self appointed myself as a zombie movie expert, and a zombie purist. Here's my personal top 10:

1. Dawn Of The Dead (There cannot be a better zombie movie made than this. The perfect mix of goodness and b-movie shittyness.)

2. Day Of The Dead (An extension of Dawn, but even more post apocalyptic, which is pretty sweet.)

3. Zombie (sometimes referred to Zombie 2) by Fulci

4. Night Of The Living Dead (Gotta give it up to the original. Pretty bold to have a black lead role who slaps a white woman in 1968.)

5. Return Of The Living Dead (Pretty much the only movies to pull off the kitschy, campy thing on purpose without being shitty.)

6. Burial Ground (The part where Michael bites his mom's nipple off after she tries getting all incest on him is amazing.)

7. Return Of The Living Dead Part 2 (That young dude and the old dude that in both of the Return Of The Living Dead movies are way too fucking funny. We call them the Gruesome Twosome.)

8. Fido (A Canadian comedy made in Kelowna. If you guys haven't gotten the chance to see it, track it down.)

9. Flesh Eater (by Bill Hinzman, the dude who played the first Zombie that appears in Night Of The Living Dead. The guy actually used to make instructional videos for companies, and it shows in the movie. It's unbelievably b-movie, but not on purpose.)

10. Night Of The Living Dead 1990 Remake (Actually a pretty good remake and a lot more enjoyable to watch than lots of other zombie movies.)

It should be noted that anyone voting for Dead Alive on here can get fucked and is not a real Zombie fan because that movie is some Troma-style bullshit. Also 28 Days Later is a great post-apocalyptic movie, but technically not a zombie movie, so you can save that one too.

I have high hopes for the upcoming World War Z. If they follow the book, and Max Brook's zombie properness well, it could easily make it into the top 3 best zombie movies ever.

Also did anyone hear they're making a series out of The Walking Dead on AMC? I have high hopes for that too. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22508

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 07:52:25 AM »
Me and my friend started a Zombie Night where every Tuesday we would watch a different zombie movie. We've watched well over 60-70 of them. I've also read lots of zombie books such as The Zombie Survival Guide and Word War Z, as well as all the the Walking Dead comics, so I have self appointed myself as a zombie movie expert, and a zombie purist. Here's my personal top 10:

1. Dawn Of The Dead (There cannot be a better zombie movie made than this. The perfect mix of goodness and b-movie shittyness.)

2. Day Of The Dead (An extension of Dawn, but even more post apocalyptic, which is pretty sweet.)

3. Zombie (sometimes referred to Zombie 2) by Fulci

4. Night Of The Living Dead (Gotta give it up to the original. Pretty bold to have a black lead role who slaps a white woman in 1968.)

5. Return Of The Living Dead (Pretty much the only movies to pull off the kitschy, campy thing on purpose without being shitty.)

6. Burial Ground (The part where Michael bites his mom's nipple off after she tries getting all incest on him is amazing.)

7. Return Of The Living Dead Part 2 (That young dude and the old dude that in both of the Return Of The Living Dead movies are way too fucking funny. We call them the Gruesome Twosome.)

8. Fido (A Canadian comedy made in Kelowna. If you guys haven't gotten the chance to see it, track it down.)

9. Flesh Eater (by Bill Hinzman, the dude who played the first Zombie that appears in Night Of The Living Dead. The guy actually used to make instructional videos for companies, and it shows in the movie. It's unbelievably b-movie, but not on purpose.)

10. Night Of The Living Dead 1990 Remake (Actually a pretty good remake and a lot more enjoyable to watch than lots of other zombie movies.)

It should be noted that anyone voting for Dead Alive on here can get fucked and is not a real Zombie fan because that movie is some Troma-style bullshit. Also 28 Days Later is a great post-apocalyptic movie, but technically not a zombie movie, so you can save that one too.

I have high hopes for the upcoming World War Z. If they follow the book, and Max Brook's zombie properness well, it could easily make it into the top 3 best zombie movies ever.

Also did anyone hear they're making a series out of The Walking Dead on AMC? I have high hopes for that too. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22508

my tattoo artist reads Walking Dead. I'll read a few here and there, its really interesting. And the way the characters develop and deteriorate was very well written.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 08:00:50 AM »
after a poster on here a while ago introduced me to this game, i found it in a store last week and it's fucking awesome. complicated, but once you get the hang of it, its fun as shit

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 08:14:18 AM »
What's been mentioned, Sean of the dead, Resident Evil(s) sort of. I'll watch any zombie flick, shit awful or not. Still haven't gotten my hands on zombie survival guide even though I think I was given a link once. Read World War Z, and if that's going to be a movie eventually of course I'll see it.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 08:17:30 AM »
Yea world war z was good. I didn't read the survival guide thou, looked boring. Also, resident evil extinction the movie was pretty badass. That list posted is solid, gonna have to check out a couple of those I've never heard of.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 08:22:10 AM »
i remember being a child and super excited when they announced they would make a resident evil movie.  i went ape shit.  then it came out and david gonzales was in it and it wasn't a good movie.  then it came out twice more and sucked more.

day of the dead remains one of my favorites.  this thread gave me some new titles that i'll check out soon.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 08:25:02 AM »
all the obligatory titles have been listed already, so i have nothing left to add but this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y68m23x4Nc
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 01:22:32 PM by Nancy Chin The Manicurist »

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 08:59:24 AM »

sage

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 09:23:52 AM »
28 days/weeks later have been the only good zombie movies.

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 09:55:46 AM »
lenny, where you at.

why helloooooo there.

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »
Thanks everyone.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 10:38:16 AM »
I'm a zombieholic... Survival Guide was great, and if WWZ is half as good as the book in movie form it could win a legit award.
Romero is the almighty, and Dead Snow (posted above) was decent, not fantastic, but it had some really good moments. The Nazi zombies themselves looked pretty wicked. It was fun.

Awesome that this thread would get started today... any minute now I have a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks graphic novel getting sent here to the office.

Zombieland: fucking hilarious and awesome. The opener was like the opener of fully flared, just replace the skating with the undead. A pretty good quality copy of it is on ISOhunt. Fucking Woody rocks in that shit!

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 11:27:21 AM »

28 weeks later/dawn of the dead remake remains to be one of the most intense intros i have ever seen.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 11:33:28 AM »
Expand Quote
any minute now I have a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks graphic novel getting sent here to the office.
[close]

I haven't even heard of this.  Gotta go hunt it down.  Is it just a graphic novel version of the last couple chapters of Max Brooks' book?
Yep!

grim-- we need to set up some quality skate/beer/zombie time down here in the swamp man.
Fuck dude, you know it! Couple more weeks and I'll be visiting you man! It's insane that we haven't done this ages ago!

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 12:11:36 PM »
Dead Alive.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 12:19:49 PM »
It appears that we are all well versed in the survival guide, and I now have new movies to rent/buy/download. Has anyone heard about that zombie game that's played on college campuses?

magicstickyhand

• Rep: 1
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »
i think i was,anyways

cool spot

• Rep: 28
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »
has anyone read pride and prejudice and zombies? my sister was supposed to send it to me when she finished it, but she never did. supposedly it is pride and prejudice edited to take place in the middle of the zombie apocalypse.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Dead Alive.
[close]

I wanna know how many gallons of blood was used in Dead Alive.

It says that they used 300 liters of blood in the final scene alone, that plus the lawnmower scene=shit tons.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 08:11:22 PM »
The lawnmower scene... CLASSIC. That, and "I kick ass for the Lord." haha Fucking rat monkeys!

Hate... I forget exactly where I'll be visiting, but I'll be going to a few rural schools in that general area, after I do my work I'll be able to come visit the fort. I have some cousins out there too, so it's on man.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 08:47:39 PM »
Hopefully this game will come out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZadzDKWWz24
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 12:07:20 AM »
Yeah to all the people talking about the Dawn Of The Dead remake, that one was actually a really good movie, despite my hatred for fast zombies. It was just a really well done movie.

Also one that came out recently that surprised me was Dance Of The Dead. It's corny and all the characters are so stereotypical, but it was worth a watch. There is a scene where they take some crazy landscaping vehicle to a crowd of zombies. Basically like a giant lawnmower. It's gruesome.

Choad - I'm pretty sure I was the one who turned you onto Last Night On Earth. Glad you found it. That game is so fucking fun.

Grim - What's the art like in the Zombie Survival Guide graphic novel?!

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 02:55:12 AM »
Would you fuck a zombie chick if she was still kinda hot?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 05:16:28 AM »
has shaun of the dead been mentioned already?? 

it warms my heart to find a fan of zombie movies...  one guy i used to skate with was a huge zombie movie fan, so i sent him WWZ which he loved... 

as for WWZ becoming a movie, i like the idea but i dont think it will get done well...  too many stories with too many interesting characters... they should do the book like a tv series, kinda like band of brothers... that way you dont lose out on the characters and story line....

last blood is a pretty good zombie comic... started reading it online recently and its about vampires who are trying to save the last remaining humans from the zombies so they have a supply of blood... pretty cool concept...
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2009, 05:35:35 AM »
Would you fuck a zombie chick if she was still kinda hot?
yeah, just don't put it in or around her mouth and you're fine. it'd make for a good campfire story after too.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.