Author Topic: haslam is the best skater ever. period.  (Read 6164 times)

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: haslam is the best skater ever. period.
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2006, 07:00:39 PM »
The flare really is distracting and gross. He really is a great skater, but he's more like a "novelty" guy. When you get older and into the real world you start not really feelin the dudes who dress like that, and besides, isn't he just trying to straigh bite off what Jamie Thomas looks like (I thought I read that somewhere)

Lance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006, 08:38:37 PM »
Haslam is so fucking sick, and anyone who's seen Cheese and Crackers and doesn't think so should just quit skating now.

I've seen crakcers and cheese, and yes Haslam is good but i still hate em', and no i won't quit skating, I'll just hate on him some more, I already supported him by purchasing his dvd, so doesn't that entitle me to hate on him too? He's the one dressing the way he does and putting himself out there like that, he does it to himself.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2006, 06:47:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Haslam is so fucking sick, and anyone who's seen Cheese and Crackers and doesn't think so should just quit skating now.

[close]
I've seen crakcers and cheese, and yes Haslam is good but i still hate em', and no i won't quit skating, I'll just hate on him some more, I already supported him by purchasing his dvd, so doesn't that entitle me to hate on him too? He's the one dressing the way he does and putting himself out there like that, he does it to himself.

At least his skating is interesting to watch. I agree his flare is disgusting but he doesn't seem to take himself so seriously. There are many who are way worse than him.

antihero

• Rep: -1
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2006, 09:07:24 AM »
He's more creative with his parts than most and lands some crazy tricks (kickflip one foot nose manual springs to mind). Cheese and crackers was amazing. I can't hate on the guy but even so best skater ever is a complete overstatement

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2563
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2006, 09:44:57 AM »
(kickflip one foot nose manual springs to mind)

Uh...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2006, 10:17:48 AM »
kickflip backsmith hollywood high 12 was sick as hell, so stylish despite the flare.

Chris from Essex

• Rep: 4
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 10:30:14 AM »
He had some amazing stuff in "Round 3" and "Cheese and Crackers", but nothing to make him the "best", if there is such a thing. Lots of ultra-tech stuff on mini-ramp was done years ago anyway, but Daweon is still way ahead of him.

alphabet soup

• Rep: 0
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2006, 10:31:54 AM »
The flare really is distracting and gross. He really is a great skater, but he's more like a "novelty" guy. When you get older and into the real world you start not really feelin the dudes who dress like that, and besides, isn't he just trying to straigh bite off what Jamie Thomas looks like (I thought I read that somewhere)

he should dress in pirate drag more often