Author Topic: Boards On The Wall Thread  (Read 179725 times)

Thom Verlaine

Boards On The Wall Thread
« on: October 18, 2009, 09:00:09 PM »
What decks are you saving?

What ones couldn't you resist skating?

Post your collection, your valuables.

PhillyMetrospective1995

• Rep: 14
Re: Boards On The Wall Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 09:20:01 PM »
I'm too lazy to post a picture, but Van Wastell's Mark Madness board. (His Magic Hands graphic is tattooed on my leg.)

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1085
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 09:21:29 PM »
Signed boards of TK, Jack Curtin and Omar Salazar
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Pabst

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
  • USA
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 09:28:09 PM »
a few my friends have painted for me, weed related boards, a creature goatfucker, and that cards lance colab.

Trickskatin

• Rep: 53
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 09:43:09 PM »
I'm too lazy to post a picture, but Van Wastell's Mark Madness board. (His Magic Hands graphic is tattooed on my leg.)

I started skating that deck a couple days before he passed away. Was such a good board, I couldn't force myself to stop skating it and hang it up. It's old and beat up in a box somewhere, now. I have a few old/broken decks that my girlfriend painted hanging on the wall.

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 09:48:37 PM »
the steve olson krooked deck, SUCK IT

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »
an aws dill deck with pink grip signed by corey duffel. I haven't had time to hang it up yet.

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -462
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 09:55:42 PM »
Signed boards of TK, Omar Salazar
WOW

im to broke to keep boards and not skate them
IF YOU HAVE SEX ONCE, YOU GET HERPES. IF YOU DO COKE ONCE, YOU DIE AND LOSE YOUR JOB.

spare change

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 09:56:03 PM »

PhillyMetrospective1995

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 09:59:15 PM »

I started skating that deck a couple days before he passed away. Was such a good board, I couldn't force myself to stop skating it and hang it up. It's old and beat up in a box somewhere, now. I have a few old/broken decks that my girlfriend painted hanging on the wall.

I think Van would have preferred that you skated it. I don't keep up with news about skate decks -- i.e. new graphic lines, etc. -- but there's a memorial board that has been run in limited numbers. It has Van doing a back 5-0 on that massive SF ledge from his Krooked Kronicles part. Worth scouting out if you can find it. I'm not too sure the status on that one. I'm sure 94% of posters here are aware of it, but for the 6%, there you go...

DARIA

• Rep: -60
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 09:59:56 PM »
rasa libre 3 feather deck that gonz gave to me before rasa came out,

he probably would have wanted me to skate it anyway.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1085
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 10:01:20 PM »
Signed boards of TK, Omar Salazar
WOW

Also a Real deck skated by HUF then signed and given to me
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:03:00 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 10:01:33 PM »

This. But i kept both of the van boards i bought. i wanted to try and buy a third for the wall, but i blew it and waited too long, even though my shop bought about 100 or so of his boards.

I think Van would have preferred that you skated it. I don't keep up with news about skate decks -- i.e. new graphic lines, etc. -- but there's a memorial board that has been run in limited numbers. It has Van doing a back 5-0 on that massive SF ledge from his Krooked Kronicles part. Worth scouting out if you can find it. I'm not too sure the status on that one. I'm sure 94% of posters here are aware of it, but for the 6%, there you go...

i heard sean foy briefly mention that board the other day while at borchard. it'd be tight to at least see it in person.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 435
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 10:06:25 PM »
i have a Stacey Peralta G&S complete with Kryptonics wheels and Gullwing trucks, a signed Daewon Song deck (a huge thank you goes out to John at Eastern Skate Supply) My friend Casey's blank ccs complete (RIP Casey) and my Johnny Romano deck.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

PhillyMetrospective1995

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 10:08:08 PM »
Who are you, Tuna? This is Leach.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 10:09:30 PM »
Who are you, Tuna? This is Leach.

i'm from simi. i'm tuna in real life also, but you can call me cole. i work at ig. i don't think i know you. but pleased to e meet you.

PhillyMetrospective1995

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 10:10:14 PM »
Spare Change: That signed Natas board is sick!

A Rolled Ankle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
    • http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/mindhead84/rza_1455.jpg
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 10:12:58 PM »
vans magic hands board bought the day after he passed.

pops camera decks.

PhillyMetrospective1995

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 10:14:18 PM »
You've probably seen me at Borchard park. I skate with Foy a lot and with Nick McLouth -- who obviously works with you -- from time to time. We're skating Borchard tomorrow if you're into it.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 10:17:03 PM »
You've probably seen me at Borchard park. I skate with Foy a lot and with Nick McLouth -- who obviously works with you -- from time to time. We're skating Borchard tomorrow if you're into it.

i'd love to but i've got school most of tomorrow.

and btw, whats up with that Memorial Van board? Probably a limited release for his family i'm assuming.

PhillyMetrospective1995

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »
Cool. I'm sure we'll run into each other soon. Good to see the Van in Solvang photo on your profile.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 10:21:09 PM »
Cool. I'm sure we'll run into each other soon. Good to see the Van in Solvang photo on your profile.

for sure man, probably see each other at borchard.

yeah dude!

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 10:26:03 PM »
I have a pretty strange collection...
The Jason Lee and Chris Pastras boards were the first line of the new Stereo. They're both signed and I was super hyped at the time.
The Firm board is hand painted by Lance himself. That's something I want to pass on to my kids.

This is my favorite Manik series ever (until Noel Sinclair Boyts comes out next month).

PhillyMetrospective1995

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 10:27:04 PM »
Tuna: I have little information. I know Van's family will be receiving some and I saw one at Five Points (not for sale, but on the wall -- not to be touched or moved). That's about the extent of my knowledge. I know the family was really pleased with the deck.  

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -107
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 10:30:12 PM »
that's a pretty damn killer collection yeah dude, so jealous of that lance board

i only have one, it was given to me as a gift in 01 when i was young and so psyched on kerry getz (i still am).  he's from Lehighton, PA, which is 10 minutes from here, and my aunt knows his dad.  i couldnt skate this board even if i wanted to, it's a 7.5

WonkaBar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 10:31:22 PM »
only board i wouldnt feel like skating. i dont know why. its just always been one of my favorite graphics

if i came across one id hang it up for sure

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 10:40:56 PM »
Tuna: I have little information. I know Van's family will be receiving some and I saw one at Five Points (not for sale, but on the wall -- not to be touched or moved). That's about the extent of my knowledge. I know the family was really pleased with the deck.  

Good to know, thanks.

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
  • creepin' while ur sleepin'...
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 10:53:22 PM »
I have a pretty strange collection...
The Jason Lee and Chris Pastras boards were the first line of the new Stereo. They're both signed and I was super hyped at the time.
The Firm board is hand painted by Lance himself. That's something I want to pass on to my kids.

This is my favorite Manik series ever (until Noel Sinclair Boyts comes out next month).

Noel is one of the raddest dudes i have ever had the pleasure of meeting. one of the most creative skaters and artists there is...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

HoovUCDC

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 10:58:58 PM »

Krooked Ricky Oyola guest signed by Ricky 500 made, Krooked Maharo guest 250 made, Anti Hero signed by John Cardiel, Crimson signed by Kris Markovich, 5boro AKA i think there was only 250 made, and Alien Workshop Danny Way Skater Of The Year

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 435
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 11:08:52 PM »

Krooked Ricky Oyola guest signed by Ricky 500 made, Krooked Maharo guest 250 made, Anti Hero signed by John Cardiel, Crimson signed by Kris Markovich, 5boro AKA i think there was only 250 made, and Alien Workshop Danny Way Skater Of The Year

that cardiel board was my first anti-hero. I wish i could find another one.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim