Author Topic: church of penny  (Read 26629 times)

J_Rog

Re: church of penny
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 03:48:52 AM »
Time to take your meds.

subroku2

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 03:51:48 AM »

I suppose. like Picasso was just a bald dude who could just paint well. simple.

this is called an analogy. time to use a dictionary.

J_Rog

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 04:01:12 AM »
And comparing a has-been drug addict to Picasso makes sense... how?

J_Rog

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 04:30:10 AM »
kЯew presents: The Tomé Penny Story

One day he got high and just sorta... wandered off.

The End

subroku2

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2009, 04:39:50 AM »
And comparing a has-been drug addict to Picasso makes sense... how?

at least you have now got that it was a comparison... maybe its past your bed time.

J_Rog

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2009, 05:22:58 AM »
Yeah grandpa. I heard Ron Knigge has an awesome part in Useless Wooden Toys too. I'm sure one of your vintage would know.

Picasso did something worthwhile over several decades. Penny kickflipped down some stairs in a TSA video which nobody owns an original copy of, and has since done nothing. The Picasso legacy has lasted, the Penny legacy hasn't.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:24:44 AM by J_Rog »

skatefideo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2009, 08:54:49 AM »
j rogers is brutal

SkullDude

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2009, 09:39:13 AM »
I own an original copy of TSA-Life in The Fast Lane.
Penny made some damn archetypes in skateboaring, I'd say his legacy is pretty secure.

bandini

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2009, 10:06:46 AM »
Has been
Has been
You talkin' to me?
You talkin' to me?
You callin' me, has been?
What'd you say your name is?
Jack
Never done jack
Glad to meet ya

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009, 11:59:03 AM »
J Rog, it's been a good ride man. Unfortunately you've gone off the deep end.
Welcome to my ignore list

peace,

able
ableSkateMag.com

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 01:15:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm 22 and i know, fuck these people holding Tom to idiotic expectations that every part has to one up the last. They're different parts for different times.
[close]
the expectations aren't that idiodic.
we have so many older skaters, some well into their 30's, putting out footage regularly and performing at a high level.
for instance, you can't blame a 16 year old for disregarding penny when he can easily compare him to dues like rowley and thomas who put in work.
penny has contributed a lot to skateboarding, but we shouldn't reward niggas who slack.
[close]

Haha in what way do you think he "contributed" to skateboarding? Dude has always been a wastoid who happened to have good style.
i do want to restate that, rather than contribute, i mean he put in work.
either way, we shouldn't reward niggas who slack

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009, 11:22:19 PM »
Dude seems to be into weed and hallucinogens. That won't kill you, just put you into some sort of purgatory type existence.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2009, 11:45:07 PM »
how can you not understand how awesome tom penny is??
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

Silent Bob.

• Rep: 67
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2009, 01:47:04 AM »
People seem to be judging penny by modern standards, but the fact is skating has changed . Street skaters used to vibe vert skaters for training and taking shit seriously. Now the money and level means street skaters train too. Penny was a product of his environment - a ghetto little kid who skated and hung out on the streets instead of going to school. He was a skate rat in England who did what he did because he loved it - the thought of making money from it was so far fetched as to be ridiculous. When he came to the eyes of the world he stayed the same. You had all these pros with their trick lists and work ethic - filming and photo schedules etc - and along came penny, doing tricks that were fun tohim, and accidentally blowing everyone else away in the process. He didn't have a work ethic if that means contacting filmers etc all the time - but how can you teach a kid who only knew skating how to be organised - but he DID skate all the time, and was THAT good, which is why people hold him in a reverence far beyond that which his video parts desrved. Most peoples parts were "best of's " filmed over a period - pennys were more snapshots of an average session as his filming days were no more planned than his average days

J_Rog

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2009, 02:59:38 AM »
Dude seems to be into weed and hallucinogens. That won't kill you, just put you into some sort of purgatory type existence.
From what I've read in those video threads he does pretty much all the drugs. You can tell he was coked the fuck out in that Amsterdam footage. And he's starting to get meth teeth.

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • please don't kill me jesse.
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2009, 01:40:21 PM »
People seem to be judging penny by modern standards, but the fact is skating has changed . Street skaters used to vibe vert skaters for training and taking shit seriously. Now the money and level means street skaters train too. Penny was a product of his environment - a ghetto little kid who skated and hung out on the streets instead of going to school. He was a skate rat in England who did what he did because he loved it - the thought of making money from it was so far fetched as to be ridiculous. When he came to the eyes of the world he stayed the same. You had all these pros with their trick lists and work ethic - filming and photo schedules etc - and along came penny, doing tricks that were fun tohim, and accidentally blowing everyone else away in the process. He didn't have a work ethic if that means contacting filmers etc all the time - but how can you teach a kid who only knew skating how to be organised - but he DID skate all the time, and was THAT good, which is why people hold him in a reverence far beyond that which his video parts desrved. Most peoples parts were "best of's " filmed over a period - pennys were more snapshots of an average session as his filming days were no more planned than his average days

Amen.
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2009, 02:04:05 PM »
nah penny's still amazing so is mariano you guys are just fags who dont know what you are talking about. hard to find any parts these days that are as hype as those 2.
ONTARIO CANADA

blankbutbranded

• Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2009, 02:19:04 PM »
Homebwayes who hates on Penny are the same type of fucks who hates on Michael Jackson and say we didnt walk on the moon.

sage

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »
Homebwayes who hates on Penny are the same type of fucks who hates on Michael Jackson and say we didnt walk on the moon.

I can see the logical connection between these two.

csumers

• Rep: 41
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2009, 04:30:28 PM »

well put.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2009, 12:31:54 AM »
I think my dad looks like drugged up Tom Penny

"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

cja105

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 04:08:05 AM »
Hmm, after seeing that footage of Penny in Amsterdam on YouTube, I think it's a bit stupid to expect a part along the lines of High-5/Life In The Fast Lane or similar. I don't know what to say really, other than I would love to see another jaw-dropping part from him, but in all honesty I don't think it's going to happen...

maxhate

• Rep: -8
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2009, 05:57:19 AM »
Was I the only one here who thought Penny's part in Extremely Sorry was pretty banging? The most perfect fakie tre ever off a bump? The nicest, fattest tre off a launch ramp? Switch tre off that bump to 3 stair? That ollie through the hole in the wall? That beautiful fakie bonk on the bank to fs noseblunt to 270 out? Are you guys saying that Switch nosemanny fakie tre out (perfect as well by the way) and fakie bigspin heels down double sets are supposed to be easy? Sure hes not jumping down twenty stairs, but he still has such a great style. I challenge anyone on this site to do a switch nosemanny fakie tre out on a pad and make it look as nice as penny, and land as bolts as he did. Fuck it, can anyone on here do a kickflip manny tre flip out either? THE PART MAY HAVE NOT BEEN GROUNDBREAKING, BUT IT WAS STILL A GOOD PART, EVEN BY MODERN STANDARDS.
and we all know that if he actually tried, he could be the best still. Does anyone think any trick in that part took more than 5 tries? Nigga may not be putting much effort in, but he is still one of the best in the world. I  am sure that he could reproduce anything he did in the 90's, just as clean, plus better tricks. He is doing harder tricks these days anyway, so its not like he hasn't progressed.

vihreekerma

• Rep: 21
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2009, 06:54:02 AM »
Was I the only one here who thought Penny's part in Extremely Sorry was pretty banging? The most perfect fakie tre ever off a bump? The nicest, fattest tre off a launch ramp? Switch tre off that bump to 3 stair? That ollie through the hole in the wall? That beautiful fakie bonk on the bank to fs noseblunt to 270 out? Are you guys saying that Switch nosemanny fakie tre out (perfect as well by the way) and fakie bigspin heels down double sets are supposed to be easy? Sure hes not jumping down twenty stairs, but he still has such a great style. I challenge anyone on this site to do a switch nosemanny fakie tre out on a pad and make it look as nice as penny, and land as bolts as he did. Fuck it, can anyone on here do a kickflip manny tre flip out either? THE PART MAY HAVE NOT BEEN GROUNDBREAKING, BUT IT WAS STILL A GOOD PART, EVEN BY MODERN STANDARDS.
and we all know that if he actually tried, he could be the best still. Does anyone think any trick in that part took more than 5 tries? Nigga may not be putting much effort in, but he is still one of the best in the world. I  am sure that he could reproduce anything he did in the 90's, just as clean, plus better tricks. He is doing harder tricks these days anyway, so its not like he hasn't progressed.

No you aren't alone with those opinions... there are just some assholes who think that penny doesn't deserve any respect.....

J_Rog

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2009, 07:06:33 AM »
YOU'RE RIGHT!! He deserves a free pass for the rest of his life so he can spend board royalties on smack and meth. He is the greatest ambassador for skateboarding. Traveling the globe and touching the minds (and hearts) of all he meets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTa0_DzUi4g

By your idiotic logic we should still respect Gator because he used to be good.   

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2009, 07:13:22 AM »
lil stupid assed, work ethic having ass, weak mutherfuckers.

skateboarding is what it is because of the love of slackness and mankinds opposition to work. yall bitches sound like a bunch of middle managers, talking bout, "he's not even trying to apply himself. he's not meeting standards. it's more about what he did yesterday than the entire contribution to skating." dumb fucks. Tom Penny is pretty much what all skaters should shoot for. traveling constantly, doing what the fuck you want, and being awesome while not even knowing it. i'm pretty sure i've met more than a few people like that around the world and whether they skate or not, i guarantee they win at life. stupid ass fucking losers. who the fuck is raising you ingrates? fucking suburban moms? sound like a bunch of bitches playing bridge and shit. yall (jrog and crew) need to do some mushrooms and bomb some hills. fucking pussies. go home.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

maxhate

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2009, 07:36:43 AM »
'sound like a bunch of bitches playing bridge and shit'. damn straight, and a funny way to put it too. fuck all these jock ass bitches dissing anyone who isnt switch heeling 12 stairs. Penny is more interesting to watch than any robot.

J_Rog

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2009, 07:44:21 AM »
You seriously want to defend that drugged up goon? Look at him! He has gone past the relaxed slacker thing and now looks like he should be begging for change or selling fake watches and stolen sneakers. I have nothing against skateboarders doing drugs unless it affects their skating negatively.

maxhate

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2009, 08:05:06 AM »
he has one of the best styles in skating fool. and hes still really good.

J_Rog

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2009, 09:04:01 AM »
is this real... or is this... really real?

he has one of the best styles in skating fool. and hes still really good.
I know I beat your mother to death, kid. But damn, I'm one stylish guy, so I'm exempt from normal rules.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:05:39 AM by J_Rog »