Author Topic: Brian Anderson epicly laterd  (Read 111102 times)

skateskateskate

Re: Brian Anderson epicly laterd
« Reply #600 on: April 15, 2010, 11:14:09 AM »
need more. fuck pat

crest

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #601 on: April 15, 2010, 11:21:58 AM »

hekkahyphy

« Reply #602 on: April 15, 2010, 01:38:43 PM »
that o9ne girl board he had in his collection def didnt have the paint chipping like girl boards usually have... it actually looked like a dlx board with a girl graphic

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #603 on: April 15, 2010, 03:16:37 PM »
i could've watched 5 episodes of BA cruising potrero, that park is sick. this makes me wanna go take the zip zinger out for a spin.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #604 on: April 15, 2010, 03:47:30 PM »
i thought episode 5 was the best out of the 5. seeing his boards, new footage of him doing lines at potrero on a cruiser that would have already been sick on a regular board, and hearing his insight on how skateboarding can continue regardless of age as long as there's love for it. personally, that content is more about skateboarding and BA than any talks of his sponsor changes or sexual preference would have been.

TheHyphyVelociraptor

« Reply #605 on: April 15, 2010, 06:28:44 PM »
guess i'm the only person who liked it. good shit.
The BA Epicly Later'd clips are probably the most anticipated thing this year, for me.

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #606 on: April 15, 2010, 06:41:50 PM »
to each his own i guess.
but after all the hype and anticipation i felt like this had little substance.
sure they talked about skating, but they left out his entire girl carrer, yeah right, etc. Plus, if i wanted to watch BA crusie i would watch his footage...no hate, but you know what i mean.

i feel as if they spent little time on the episode and thats that. it wasn't 'more raw' or 'strickly skating', it was rushed.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

Davy

« Reply #607 on: April 15, 2010, 07:44:25 PM »
I liked it. He kinda shared his plan for the future with everybody, basically saying that he's gonna be around forever. The couldve talked about some other shit, but they kept to just the skating.

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #608 on: April 15, 2010, 10:54:11 PM »
this was not an ending

this was an epicly laterd about welcome to hell, they didn't talk about modus or girl at all.

barrierkultt

• Rep: 7
« Reply #609 on: April 15, 2010, 11:02:13 PM »
Those lines at Potrero? Nuts busted.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #610 on: April 15, 2010, 11:18:11 PM »
Are you fucking kidding me, Pat? You have the chance to do a show on BA and all you can think to do is to ask fucking Phelps, "so, um, do you have anything to say about Brian?"

Then we get Phelps mumbling about how BA is a "solid boarder"... Sheesh. Talk about a waste of a great opportunity.

O'dell bit the big dick on this one.
Did you miss the part where Pat and Brad Staba were talking about how Brian was kinda flakey about getting interviewed? Saying "nah, I've got to go to the grocery store" yada yada. Brian seems like a real humble dude. He probably doesn't want to talk on and on about himself. That unfortunately makes for a short Episode. You can't string two 10 minute interviews into an epic 8 part episode. I'm sure Pat did the best with what he had to work with.
ableSkateMag.com

palmtree12233

« Reply #611 on: April 15, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »
last episode was soooo good
hopefully future episodes contain a lot more skating like that

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #612 on: April 15, 2010, 11:39:47 PM »
if they do a gonz or templeton one, i hope theres a lot better editing and content and pat gets a little more hands on with the editing process because those are two dudes who do *not* deserve to get short changed like this.

ster

• Rep: -13
« Reply #613 on: April 15, 2010, 11:46:50 PM »
Are you fucking kidding me, Pat? You have the chance to do a show on BA and all you can think to do is to ask fucking Phelps, "so, um, do you have anything to say about Brian?"

Then we get Phelps mumbling about how BA is a "solid boarder"... Sheesh. Talk about a waste of a great opportunity.

O'dell bit the big dick on this one.
phelps was giving him some regular ugly dumbfuck face for like 10 seconds, so in order for him to stop phelps from being phelps he asked the first question that came to mind

and that was probably the BEST response that came out of phelps of all the footage they recorded, so it stuck

Perfection

• Rep: 59
« Reply #614 on: April 16, 2010, 03:45:16 AM »
phelps was giving him some regular ugly dumbfuck face for like 10 seconds

haha

Phelps looks like a really stupid zombie, and I mean stupid even by zombie standards.
          o_O

℗The P҉̵̞̟̠̖̗ E҉̵ R҉̵ F҉̵ E҉̵ C҉̵ T҉̵ I҉̵ O҉̵ N҉̵̞̟̠̖̗  Forum

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #615 on: April 16, 2010, 04:32:59 AM »
maybe a follow up like the max series...

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #616 on: April 16, 2010, 05:50:29 AM »
I enjoyed it, for sure, but they didn't touch Girl, Modus Operandi, Savier, Nike, or involvement in Skate Mental. I get that he isn't into talking about himself, but I was pretty interested to see how the Savier thing really played out.
p-shuvs and v-flips

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #617 on: April 16, 2010, 07:44:34 AM »
also I remember that little story of Dill trying to get BA on Alien that I wish BA would've elaborated on, definitely wanted to hear about Sheep and Savier and what happened there, that seemed like something cool that just didnt pan out the way they wanted it to.  I remember the intro for the sheep video and thinking how cool it was, it had this whole mouse vibe to it, and wondering if it was just sales or were they bored or was the work too much ? Thinking back, pat kinda blew it, I like the philosophizing but there was a lot of untouched depth there.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #618 on: April 16, 2010, 09:38:54 AM »
in pretty happy with what we got...

it is entirely possible that all those other companies and stores people are interested in hearing about really arent that interesting. you know, maybe all he had to say about savier was "the dude who ran it doesnt want me to say anything about it" or "it just wasnt popular so that fizzled out"

i liked when brian said "thanks for filming that pat", just like it was your buddy filming you.

and it was funny when phelps stared at him for like 10 seconds super awkward
ONTARIO CANADA

Mr. DNA

« Reply #619 on: April 16, 2010, 09:47:48 AM »
The feeling I got was that when he got picked up by Toy Machine he was already semi totally over skateboarding. The last episode was about him realizing it's OK to remain a skater later in life. Like he loves it, but maybe felt at one time that he had to quit to pursue a "real" career.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #620 on: April 16, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah I wanted to hear some 'camping' stories as well.
[close]

there is a whole beauty and the beast epicly later'd you can see all that shit.

id say this was easily the best epicly laterd yet (with the exception of cards). they didnt fuck around they got right to the main points, that story about muska smoking that bowl was clearly the best thing ever aired on any sort of medium.

to be honest i have watched other epicly laterds with other people and yes they are interesting start to finish but there are parts i can tell the person who is not as much into skating as i am gets bored and this one i watched with people who didnt skate and they all really liked it.
[close]

^^kinda how i feel about this one. they kept it skate oriented while getting into a lot of stuff you didn't know about him (toy machine story, barley tightness, elissa closeness, etc). i felt it was really personal and if you notice, almost half of the last episode is brian doing two lines. you can hate on that!!?? i'm stoked on the ep's. though i recognize there could've been a lot more angles covered, i'm stoked with what they were able to do.

I kinda feel like you do, except the exact opposite. All the stories they talked about I had already heard- the shit between Muska and Toy, BA's part in Welcome to hell includes his sponsor me tape, the front blunt down hubba was before he was sponsored, welcome to hell was epic, everybody left Toy after jump off a building. Just about every episode had more interesting shit in it and showed me more new sides to the other skaters. Then they concluded with an attempt to be deep and philosophical, but it was neither. This seemed really thrown together.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #621 on: April 16, 2010, 03:27:47 PM »
they missed at least 2 more episodes for knowing his story in the girl camp, nike sb, fourstar and all that shit from 02'-till now
they were doing like a timeline, till the episode 4, then this fucking episode that has nothing to do with the rest of the story

fucking odell

Mr. DNA

« Reply #622 on: April 16, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »
He had shit to do.

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #623 on: April 16, 2010, 07:21:28 PM »
ungrateful bastards

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #624 on: April 18, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »
Yeah, quit complaining! That Epicly Later'd was cool, I'm glad they covered the whole Toy Machine/Welcome To Hell era, awesome! And for the last time - HE IS NOT GAY.

I finally got to watch part 5 and you know what?  I'm really glad they left that alone... If he is or not, it's NOBODY'S business.  Let it be about the skating,  because that's what it's really about.

The end.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #625 on: April 18, 2010, 05:44:07 PM »
Yeah, quit complaining! That Epicly Later'd was cool, I'm glad they covered the whole Toy Machine/Welcome To Hell era, awesome! And for the last time - HE IS NOT GAY.
Don't tell BA that.

I liked the whole thing, but agree that it would have been better if it had extended the timeline by about two or three episodes.

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #626 on: April 18, 2010, 06:19:33 PM »
Found this clip of Ben Schroeder, I don't view longboarding as skateboarding but hippie-jumping barriers into dirt is pretty crazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHqFNnhaFAY&feature=related

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight

J_Rog

« Reply #627 on: April 18, 2010, 06:59:55 PM »
yawn

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #628 on: April 19, 2010, 06:57:13 AM »
I kinda feel like you do, except the exact opposite. All the stories they talked about I had already heard- the shit between Muska and Toy, BA's part in Welcome to hell includes his sponsor me tape, the front blunt down hubba was before he was sponsored, welcome to hell was epic, everybody left Toy after jump off a building. Just about every episode had more interesting shit in it and showed me more new sides to the other skaters. Then they concluded with an attempt to be deep and philosophical, but it was neither. This seemed really thrown together.

did you read the shit in skate magazines before or something? i used to read a lot of them... not so much anymore. maybe 1 a year now.

the whole epicly laterd tthing is pretty low budget though. it has been going for almost 2 years now i think and to me it is golden like cant be fucked with really... to me there is nothing that sick in sakteboarding right now as far as indepth interview kind of thing. berrics started out with a following somewhat like that but they milked that shit by trying to makle it too much like a regular tv show network type thing... epicly laterd has been just slowly coming out and like we just get these little fuckin scraps, dude just keeps us starving for this shit. keeping it kind of rare. if he started putting out mad shit and super long episodes i think the quality would suffer.
ONTARIO CANADA

Mr. DNA

« Reply #629 on: April 19, 2010, 09:46:45 AM »
Found this clip of Ben Schroeder, I don't view longboarding as skateboarding but hippie-jumping barriers into dirt is pretty crazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHqFNnhaFAY&feature=related

That was completely awesome.