Author Topic: Was last week's Wednesdays with Reda racist?  (Read 5812 times)

toque

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Was last week's Wednesdays with Reda racist?
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 08:58:36 PM »
"the obnoxious fat guy from The Berrics"

wheee!

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 10:51:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Attention White People:

No one ever says "honky" anymore. The reason why it doesn't offend you is because black people haven't used that term since 1973. I can't believe how many times I heard white people say "I don't mind being called a honky".

Lots of white people don't mind being called "cracker" either. That's because they think it has something to do with a snack food. Nope, it's short for "whip cracker". Nothing to be proud of there. At all.
[close]

I've still heard it being said. And besides, that wasn't my point. People bitch and complain about racism but it's perfectly alright to be racist towards white people. Someone mentioned people calling their one black friend "black guy" as being demeaning but it isn't when people call someone white, "white boy". It's a double standard and if you're one of those people who think it's impossible to be racist towards white people, you've got your head up your ass.

And for the record, I'm not white.
sure, you can be racist towards white people, but with that said, i've yet to meet a white person that is offended by racism towards them.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 03:56:38 AM »
it's because you don't get offended by a word you get offended by the vibe. the times people have said bigoted shit to me and it was a problem was when it was part of them threatening me or being an asshole. but the fact that they threw some bigoted shit in there, didn't make it worst and if they hadn't thrown bigoted shit in there it wouldn't have made the situation any better. the only thing that would change the situation is if i actually cared that they had bigoted views, which i didn't so it wasn't even a factor. you only do them a favor by caring and what kind of dumb shit really cares about what other people think? i was more concerned about them being a dick then them using the same kind of generalizations that we all use to some extent to insult me.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 03:58:14 AM by Sleazy »

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 04:17:39 AM »
It takes so much more effort (and is way more rewarding) to get to know a person and then bash them for their personal flaws than it does to look at a persons obvious physical features and pick at them.

Race based humor is lame.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 09:52:02 AM »
I dont know if he's racist, but I do know that he's not funny, witty or interesting. The dude is soo desperate for attentuion and public approval.  He should stick to taking photos and shutting the fuck up.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2009, 11:44:48 AM »
Attention White People:

No one ever says "honky" anymore. The reason why it doesn't offend you is because black people haven't used that term since 1973. I can't believe how many times I heard white people say "I don't mind being called a honky".

Lots of white people don't mind being called "cracker" either. That's because they think it has something to do with a snack food. Nope, it's short for "whip cracker". Nothing to be proud of there. At all.
Whip cracker? Shit, that's crazy. I had always assumed it was connected to Saltines and their color, akin to getting called "wonder bread" when I was little. Definitely not proud of that at all.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 12:22:26 PM »
Those of you saying this isn't racist are probably the same ones I see at parks and spots that all constantly refer to their one black (or any minority) friend as "black guy," and never see him as anything more than his skin color.
Obviously they do or else they wouldn't be friends with them.

"America has turned racism into a joke and only white people are laughing."
This is a very ignorant thing to say, how many black comedians make fun of white people?

Edward Sebastian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • This is what we live for.
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 12:49:42 PM »

"RIP to myself one day" - JR Blastoff

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 12:56:43 PM »

Kevin Romar

• Rep: -16
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2018, 12:43:38 AM »
Reda the racist

Alex Olson

• Rep: -8
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2018, 03:19:37 PM »
I honestly find Redas Queen impression to be quite racist.