Author Topic: Why I stopped shopping at Active...  (Read 8570 times)

5inchDick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Why I stopped shopping at Active...
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2009, 10:33:24 AM »
ONCE AGAIN LET ME SAY

FUCK ACTIVE

FUCK ACTIVE ERICA

FUCK YOU FOR SHOPPING THERE

AND FUCK THIS BULLSHIT THREAD

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2009, 11:35:25 AM »
- saying "no, i'll do my own fucking griptape thank you"
how very 'punk' of you
[/quote]

There is no excuse (short of not having hands, or being younger than middle school) for not gripping putting your own board together (including grip).
SPB!

oldninja

• Rep: 4
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2009, 01:54:21 PM »

Yeah, what video are the oily lingerie girls from?

:o

Expand Quote
Great sig
[close]

the girl looking directly at the camera is known on the web as "next door nikki" and the other girls are the "friends" she regularly works with.  while she has a great natural rack, i'd describe her portfolio as primarily solo and softcore lesbian stuff which is kind of boring.

i wasn't able to find a gallery containing the picture, but i found a video of it.  don't get your hopes up, it's like 30 seconds long and the video quality is shit.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1193173905/Next_Door_Nikki_and_her_Friends_Do_This_For_Fun

J_Rog

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2009, 02:36:55 PM »
I don't know. I'm drunk.
Not drunk enough if you can still type. Filter rum through an empty Schwarzkopf shampoo bottle.

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2009, 04:17:45 PM »
Here's a quick vid of Nextdoor Nikki showing off the twins on Jerry Springer....

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2380299/girl_getting_nude_on_jerry_springer_show/

Oh yeah, Fuck Active.....
Get litty.....

streetPirate22

• Rep: 21
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2009, 04:40:21 PM »
I noticed that their skate team went from like 40 heads to around 20 heads within the last few weeks. Looks like Reynolds, Greco, Ellington, Torey Pudwill, and more have already bailed out and I heard P-Rod is next. Maybe they should start hyping up their snow team instead.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2009, 07:01:05 PM »
Expand Quote
- saying "no, i'll do my own fucking griptape thank you"
[close]
how very 'punk' of you

There is no excuse (short of not having hands, or being younger than middle school) for not gripping putting your own board together (including grip).
[/quote]

i'm perfectly happy to have someone else grip my board
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

fuckLAG

• Rep: -10
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2009, 09:48:20 PM »
the last time i was at active a lesbian gripped my board

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2009, 01:48:03 PM »
plus steal. i wish they had these in canada sounds way cooler than west 49

worse sadly :(

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2009, 04:02:50 PM »
i nearly threw up once when i saw a hypebeast wearing emerica hsus (the enjoi collab colorway)

am i the only one that sees people wearing skate shoes and glances to see if they've been skated at all?
all the time
tricks are for kids , style is forever

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2009, 04:11:52 PM »
I get no personal joy or sense of accomplishment from gripping my own board. I'm not 12. Homies at the shop can do it in one minute and they need to do something to earn their checks. Those dudes just watch skate videos all day, while I pay their salary. It's the least they can do.

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2009, 09:42:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

That's regular. I don't know about the majority of people but I used to have a pair of shoes I skated and then a pair of shoes I didn't skate until I got a new pair of shoes. So, I'd never wear fucked up shoes to school unless I skate there that day. Now that I'm older and hardly skate, my "good" shoes outnumber my messed up ones but I still always have a skate shoe ready to go. So unless you see someone riding a skateboard down the street with perfectly new shoes and unscratched deck, you can't really tell if the dude skates or not.

[close]

I do the same thing.
[close]

even though I say I look at other people's shoes for thrashed marks, I'm really trying to stray away from wearing my skate shoes all the time because it becomes an eye sore looking at a gaping hole in shoes and having girls think I can't afford new shoes.

in a nutshell
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2009, 11:31:55 PM »
I get no personal joy or sense of accomplishment from gripping my own board. I'm not 12. Homies at the shop can do it in one minute and they need to do something to earn their checks. Those dudes just watch skate videos all day, while I pay their salary. It's the least they can do.
everyone knows you're super dumb already, but you must be a true idiot if you think all skate shop employees do is watch skate videos all day.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2009, 01:31:23 AM »
I'm assuming active is like a west-coast version of Zumiez. If you're anything like every kid I've ever seen who works at a Zumiez, then you're twice the barn I imagined you to be.

one thing that should be noted is that active, at one point, was a legit skateshop.  even if it was more than just one shop per se.

thats what makes this whole thing so irritating for skaters in southern california, specifically the east san gabriel valley/west inland empire. in the mid-late 90s active was THE shop to go to. your homies worked there, the managers skated, and even though they sold some occasional wack shit (re:SURF/SNOWBOARDS!), you wouldnt want to hit up any other place. active WAS the skateshop for anyone in the 909. and a lot of great skaters/spots came out of that area, and were hooked up through active.

now its frat boy central. and while its a shame, id like to think it has a bit more of an organic/core pedigree to it than a Zumiez. but maybe im just being a sucker for nostalgia.

"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

eames1

• Rep: 4
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2009, 08:09:19 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm assuming active is like a west-coast version of Zumiez. If you're anything like every kid I've ever seen who works at a Zumiez, then you're twice the barn I imagined you to be.
[close]

one thing that should be noted is that active, at one point, was a legit skateshop.  even if it was more than just one shop per se.

thats what makes this whole thing so irritating for skaters in southern california, specifically the east san gabriel valley/west inland empire. in the mid-late 90s active was THE shop to go to. your homies worked there, the managers skated, and even though they sold some occasional wack shit (re:SURF/SNOWBOARDS!), you wouldnt want to hit up any other place. active WAS the skateshop for anyone in the 909. and a lot of great skaters/spots came out of that area, and were hooked up through active.

now its frat boy central. and while its a shame, id like to think it has a bit more of an organic/core pedigree to it than a Zumiez. but maybe im just being a sucker for nostalgia.

and then jocks started wearing DC, Etnies, Osiris, Circa, RVCA, Volcom and the "frat boys" found, Active, Jacks,and SunDiego,   then things  really got flipped upside down... Skateboarders started supporting all the "frat boy" brands, Nike, Converse and Adidas.
Think the "frat boys" got bummed when Skateboarders started wearing the athletic brands?

theskatereptile

« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2009, 01:42:56 AM »
they just rebuilt the mall by my house and sandwiched pac sun, tully's (similar to active), and the van's store right in the middle of the mall. good lucky to our local shops.

WansConvenience

• Rep: 7
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2009, 04:28:51 AM »
whyd you even start?

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2009, 07:07:28 AM »
there's a store in toronto called noise which is embarrassing to even step foot into but my friend was shopping for pants and decided to step in. i was carrying a board i just bought from another store with me and the one worker asked if he could see my board. i passed it over to him and he stared at it for a good minute and asked me if there was a sticker on it. i thought he meant on the top ply but he meant the whole graphic in general if it was one giant sticker on the bottom. he was dead serious. support your local skate shop.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.