Author Topic: You think Chris Cole..  (Read 8504 times)

SkullDude

You think Chris Cole..
« on: December 06, 2009, 07:46:38 AM »
Is Ripping A Monster Solo On His Dimebag Dean Signature Right Now?????
I'd say only if he has the right studded belt/shitty metal shirt combo(thats where his power comes from).
His 2inch high flip tricks and Cole Signature Stick(i think it has a tiger stripe paint job) up his ass, won him SOTY again.
Skateboarding blows!~~~~C======#3

fat guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: You think Chris Cole..
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 08:11:47 AM »
one of the all around shittiest styles in skateboarding

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 08:14:26 AM »
Check out my original thought: Chris Cole does some ugly tricks and has wack kit! I'm super edgy and interesting because of my controversial opinions.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 08:38:14 AM »
The dude's fucking amazing. I don't see anything shitty about his style, but that's just so subjective that it's irrelevant. I always look forward to footage from him. He does a ton of unique shit and he's fun to watch because of it. He's also a super nice dude.

...I hope Dennis gets soty one day, though.

SkullDude

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 09:59:27 AM »
that'll show em'

Thanks man, I knew it wasn't a waste!

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »
The dude's fucking amazing. I don't see anything shitty about his style, but that's just so subjective that it's irrelevant. I always look forward to footage from him. He does a ton of unique shit and he's fun to watch because of it. He's also a super nice dude.

Next year. I have high hopes. Push the REAL video into 2010, keep getting the massive amounts of coverage, he should be set. Unless some fuck does the same thing as Cole and just racks up a ton of shit in two months right before Phelps calls it. But Cole definitely deserved it, I'm not to bummed on Dennis not getting it. Busenitz for 2010!

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 12:15:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Next year. I have high hopes. Push the REAL video into 2010, keep getting the massive amounts of coverage, he should be set. Unless some fuck does the same thing as Cole and just racks up a ton of shit in two months right before Phelps calls it. But Cole definitely deserved it, I'm not to bummed on Dennis not getting it. Busenitz for 2010!

That would be ill. Phelps makes all the shots? doesn't he have some sort of jury or anything?

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 12:31:24 PM »
cole put in work this year...  no denying it.  i've said it a million times, it's annoying that people have to throw out the "style" card to vindicate whatever person they want to look better / win something over someone else.  dennis is good but he couldn't do half the shit that cole does or can do.  but cole can do just about anything dennis can.  i mean cole's ender in strange world...  have any of you ever been to the carlsbad gap?  most of you would go to the hospital trying to just ollie the mother fucker, much less what cole had the balls to actually throw down on it.  quit crying and realize that you've got to be able to get gnarly to win big awards and get money in skating. 

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 01:05:11 PM »

I feel the same way about new cole parts as I did about koston's, always looking forward to something bigger or newer

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 01:24:09 PM »
i want heath to get it for sure
chris cole def. deserves it almost as much as busenitz
leo in a close 4th

paulhartman4prez

• Rep: 22
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 02:22:38 PM »

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

really? coles been killing it all year...won ever contest, 2 sick video parts, great skater and positive attitude. he deserves it.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 05:06:33 PM »
cole put in work this year...  no denying it.  i've said it a million times, it's annoying that people have to throw out the "style" card to vindicate whatever person they want to look better / win something over someone else.  dennis is good but he couldn't do half the shit that cole does or can do.  but cole can do just about anything dennis can.  i mean cole's ender in strange world...  have any of you ever been to the carlsbad gap?  most of you would go to the hospital trying to just ollie the mother fucker, much less what cole had the balls to actually throw down on it.  quit crying and realize that you've got to be able to get gnarly to win big awards and get money in skating. 
I'm not saying Chris Cole didn't deserve it- he obviously did some insane shit and dominated the year, but to say Cole could do anything Busenitz can is really stupid. Each has their own thing going, and can do shit the other can't.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

SkullDude

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 05:23:46 PM »
I don't give a shit, he skates like a dickweed.

Randozzi

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 07:01:44 PM »
Cole is amazing and will be remembered as one of the most talented guys to be on board. But as far as part re-watching, Dennis takes the cake with more people that I know than Cole. Dennis makes me want to go skate, Cole makes me reach for the bottle of Advil (because his parts make my knees hurt).

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 08:12:59 PM »
Is Ripping A Monster Solo On His Dimebag Dean Signature Right Now?????
I'd say only if he has the right studded belt/shitty metal shirt combo(thats where his power comes from).
His 2inch high flip tricks and Cole Signature Stick(i think it has a tiger stripe paint job) up his ass, won him SOTY again.
Skateboarding blows!~~~~C======#3

Bs 360 and sw fs flip wallenburg?
Zero part?
Killed all the contests?
Banging out new tricks consistently?
All in a year.

Dennis, Heath, or Leo for next year when their vid drops.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:16:16 PM by Livin The Psychedelic Lif »

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 09:22:24 PM »
i personally love chris's style, he makes ridiculously difficult tricks look easier than they are.  that being said, i was not necessarily disappointed that busenitz or leo didnt win, more of a feeling like next year will be their year due to both the real and emerica videos dropping.  heath is probably going to have an absolutely ridiculous part as well, but i heard something about him not really being that cool with thrasher (?)

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 02:15:24 AM »
It would make sense that Heath isn't on good terms with Thrasher. Both Heath and Phelps are admirable dickheads, their personalities are bound to clash.

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 05:26:08 AM »
who said heath is a dickhead? hes just weird and shy

nkarasch

• Rep: -29
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 07:13:44 AM »
he makes crazy tricks look easy and any new footage is exciting and full of surprises

i dont understand the 2-inch high fliptricks though...he has as much pop as anybody. he will blast a flip trick down a set of stairs reynolds style and then do a nollie heel that barely leaves the ground

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 07:32:31 AM »
It would make sense that Heath isn't on good terms with Thrasher. Both Heath and Phelps are admirable dickheads, their personalities are bound to clash.
heath is a dick if you deserve it.