Author Topic: zombie flick.  (Read 1255 times)

sheed_rehash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
zombie flick.
« on: December 16, 2009, 09:41:42 AM »
hey guys i haven't been on in a while, me and some friends have been working really hard on a movie. we have a new trailer on youtube. I'm sick of getting the same bullshit answer from my friends that its fucking awesome. so i came to the most brutally honest forum that i could think of for some real answers. if you don't like it tell us why it fucking sucks or what criticisms you have of it. hope you enjoy

ROCKxADIO420

Re: zombie flick.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 09:43:46 AM »
that is fucking awesome!

frisco

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 09:52:25 AM »
the thermal cam was the best shit, I dont know if you shot that but that stuff was really fucking sick, when you open with your own footage, that shot with some dude in skate shoes walking on the grass looks weird, open with that second guy with all the gnarly make up, I liked the emergency siren but your song was so brutal

sheed_rehash

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 09:57:02 AM »
thanks guys for the feedback to answer your question the thermal cam was taken from a different video, but our camera man mike can do thermal and we hope to use it in various ways in the movie. I'm the black zombie btw. The white zombie is a friend of ours steve who may or not make the actual movie do to some personal issues but we're very optomistic that he may come back.

frisco

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 10:02:22 AM »
lets hope steve can be back, dont know how this would survive without him

sheed_rehash

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 10:05:09 AM »
lol well this is just the tip of the ice berg. i was just showing off the make up i didn't expect it to be in the trailer. we got another friend who we think will be better he's 6'9 340. i'll keep posting if this shows a good place for it. but if everyone's gonna get pissed its not worth it.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 10:53:57 AM »
So this is where you've been Sheed? This is Slap, we love zombies here. Plus poocrusher has made a zombie flick, you'll get honest answers/advice from a lot of posters here. I hate the sound of tone, please take it out.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 11:07:54 AM »
that was really sick up until halfway! the thermal cam and stock footage was amazing, as was the makeup. in my opinion there's a bit too much sunlight in every shot after 1:20, and that takes away from the dark tone of the beginning of the trailer. Also, a creepy atmospheric song without lyrics would be preferable to the one you're using now.
those are my constructive criticisms. This is really a rad project
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:04:16 PM by TheFreshSC »

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 11:41:36 AM »
creepy. i like it. i like you.

poocrusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 12:05:45 PM »
Like the others above I think the Thermal shot was awesome.  I'm not sure what your using for make-up, but I think if you guys can do some more veining it'll add a more believable dead look.  Also, just some tips on ways to make gel blood without spending much money.  If you buy a small amount of cabosil http://www.smooth-on.com/Urethane-Rubber-an/c6_1118_1201/index.html you can color corn syrup in anyway you want, put a little bit of cabosil in it and then you got a thick blood that will run and not dry up as quick as regular corn syrup.  I'm not sure what your using for make-up, but all you really need is a death wheel, a bruise wheel, and death flesh or Geisha foundation color.  I really didn't like the music, but that's just a personal preference.  Also, I think some of the edits are too long considering it's a trailer.  Overall, I like to see any all low-budget zombie movies.  They take a lot of work to make and I'm stoked you're doing it.  Keep us up to date on this.

These were some of the make-up jobs we got photo's of. 

But, if you want to see any of it here is a link to 10 minute sample

vihreekerma

• Rep: 21
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 12:51:20 PM »
The frames that were clearly not shot by you(?) need to be faster  in a  trailer you know! Good work anyhow!

sheed_rehash

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 01:44:51 PM »
Thanks guys for watching, the music is from a friends band that we could get rights to they're called machines of penalty the guy in all black is the singer, their music isn't for everyone but I find it enjoyable. I agree about the siren but mike wanted it to catch attention and it worked how he wanted whenever were at college ppl come up and want to watch. Thanks for all the criticism it's such a huge motivation to get honest opinions. And I wanna thank poocrusher for his advice. I look forward to watching your vid after work. And yes this, my first semester at college and work is where I've been. There will be more post and updates. Glad you guys like it.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 08:08:38 PM »
Dude, you're definitely going in the right direction... props on the zombie's skin tone for sure. I hear you on the music licensing, but I think music with words (especially if there's some character dialogue going on) is distracting, unless the song is so universally well known that it adds atmosphere rather than something else to concentrate on.

One more cheer for the thermal shot... I let out a hhhhooollllllyyyyy fuuuuuuuuuuu on that shit!

frisco

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 12:59:24 AM »
what movie was the thermal cam shot from? i want to see that

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 02:06:48 AM »
The song gets super annoying halfway through that trailer. Almost made me turn it off. Also, why would you flee from the fucking car? Run that shit over! Asshole deserves to get eaten in between a fence and tree if he can't run over a zombie, put in reverse gear and run it over again, then burnout on motherfuckers cracked-open head.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 08:33:02 AM »
The song gets super annoying halfway through that trailer. Almost made me turn it off. Also, why would you flee from the fucking car? Run that shit over! Asshole deserves to get eaten in between a fence and tree if he can't run over a zombie, put in reverse gear and run it over again, then burnout on motherfuckers cracked-open head.

You can't burnout in a Saturn.

sheed_rehash

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 08:35:23 AM »
if I'm not mistaking that thermal cam is from some computer game. I forget the name but it's a little older

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 09:04:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You can't burnout in a Saturn.
watch me, boy. i light those things up.