Author Topic: Comics  (Read 198 times)

HeavyAndExpensive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 115
Comics
« on: January 10, 2023, 04:54:39 PM »
Anybody read comics? I have off and on since I was a kid. I haven’t even seen all the comic book movies/TV shows because they started coming out with way too many too fast. Just something about actual single issue comics, especially all the older ones I have with the archaic ads.

The current X-men titles are awesome. Current Action Comics are pretty sick too. Historically my favorite comics have always been Daredevil tho

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
    • My Wife avatar image
Re: Comics
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 08:02:18 PM »
I'm a Marvel head and kept all my comics from when I was a boy but only really enjoy the era that was $1.25 each or before.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 07:57:09 AM »
I was pretty hyped on the new direction of X men a couple years ago, but then got pretty bummed that they were making the same mistake of telling one story through a bunch of different series.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 04:44:29 PM »
I was pretty hyped on the new direction of X men a couple years ago, but then got pretty bummed that they were making the same mistake of telling one story through a bunch of different series.

Yeah that shit can get annoying but fortunately Immortal X-men and X-men Red are two of the best books out now so it’s worth it

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 05:05:56 PM »
Love the X-Men. Grew up reading them but fell off for years. Got back into them around the Bendis era and filled in gaps in what I missed (mostly Morrison and anything Phoenix related), took a break, and then have been a loyal reading to anything X-Men related since House of X/Powers of X relaunched the line. I love it now. I get why some people don't like it, but it's so cool to see the X-Men having good stories after years of Marvel not caring about them or not knowing what to do with them.