Author Topic: Post a picture of yourself!  (Read 471372 times)

TheFreshSC

Re: Post a picture of yourself!
« Reply #900 on: May 05, 2010, 10:10:35 PM »

VictoriousOG

« Reply #901 on: May 05, 2010, 10:12:16 PM »
on my bird day.

You work at Urban Outfitters in Mockingbird Station, don't you?

Mackattack

« Reply #902 on: May 05, 2010, 10:16:45 PM »

GnarlesManson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #903 on: May 05, 2010, 10:18:31 PM »
Expand Quote
on my bird day.

[close]
i dont know what would be worse, working at urban outfitters, or knowing what the employees look like at a given location

VictoriousOG

« Reply #904 on: May 05, 2010, 10:19:57 PM »
Well, I recognize the face, plus he used to go to the park a while back but haven't seem him since.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #905 on: May 05, 2010, 10:37:57 PM »
its ok little buddy, i like you anyway

TheFreshSC

« Reply #906 on: May 05, 2010, 11:09:45 PM »
at the LRG premiere, from a friend's blog

damian

« Reply #907 on: May 07, 2010, 12:13:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
on my bird day.

[close]
[close]
i dont know what would be worse, working at urban outfitters, or knowing what the employees look like at a given location

used to; i done moved. the conglomerate of its location being four blocks from the old apartment, not having to shave my beard and discounts for wifey, the time spent there was worthwhile. the slip ons are poorly crafted, thus wonderful to skateboard in.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #908 on: May 07, 2010, 05:43:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
on my bird day.

[close]
[close]
[close]

used to; i done moved. the conglomerate of its location being four blocks from the old apartment, not having to shave my beard and discounts for wifey, the time spent there was worthwhile. the slip ons are poorly crafted, thus wonderful to skateboard in.

you ever meet john b who does the remodling of the interiors? good guy...

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #909 on: May 07, 2010, 08:18:50 AM »
word. i just despise the place for all the plagirization that goes down with their private label stuff, the owners homophobic agenda . . . . especially when so many gay dudes work/shop there. the people that are obsessed with the store are the worst too.   my mom and girlfriend both hit up the sale rack so i get dragged in there quite a bit.

also a lot of the purses there have plastic that causes cancer.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #910 on: May 07, 2010, 08:43:39 AM »
they have a good selection of levis usually and you can find the occasion good t shirt in there. i don't shop enough to really care though.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #911 on: May 07, 2010, 08:58:53 AM »
a good amount of the shirts there are plagirized. but yeah they do have a very good selection of levis. they do provide some benefits for the customer, which is how theyve gotten so big(and used their powers for evil things), but as a company they defiantly do more bad than good, so i think people should do their best to shop elsewhere, or not shop at all, and use their money to go on a road trip or something meaningful.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #912 on: May 07, 2010, 10:11:32 AM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #913 on: May 07, 2010, 10:38:03 AM »
a good amount of the shirts there are plagirized. but yeah they do have a very good selection of levis. they do provide some benefits for the customer, which is how theyve gotten so big(and used their powers for evil things), but as a company they defiantly do more bad than good, so i think people should do their best to shop elsewhere, or not shop at all, and use their money to go on a road trip or something meaningful.

how is shopping at urban outfitters somehow a political decision of good versus evil? it's just a clothing store? and i'd like to see you tell my good friends family that this store has done so much bad that it should be boycotted as he has worked for almost 20 years and has helped build the brand through his creativity and hard work. it's provided him a fun and rewarding job that takes advantage of his natural creative talents and has provided cash for his family and he has 2 kids. what harm does urban outfitter actually do to anyone that would be worth effecting my friends livelyhood over which is exactly what you are doing by suggesting a boycott?

you know it's ok to just say "i don't like it" about things of personal preference. every little preference doesn't have to have some deep, defining meaning to it in life. it's like getting philosophical about your sock preference. hopefully there are bigger causes that you are concerned about than the evils of retail fashion.

i mean do you really believe that someone going into urban outfitters and buying levis makes the world somehow a worse place?

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #914 on: May 07, 2010, 10:51:50 AM »
they have a good selection of levis usually and you can find the occasion good t shirt in there. i don't shop enough to really care though.

being a oddly shaped gentleman i have found that levis fit me the best and i will agree they have a real good selection of levis. the levis store online isnt even that great. besides that though everything is crazy over priced. i cant afford to pay 50 dollars for a button up and its the same reason i dont buy most skate clothes. its high way robbery i tells yah.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #915 on: May 07, 2010, 11:03:47 AM »
i never said working there or even shopping there makes someone an evil person.

heres 2 reasons why i am against it.

1. many of the items sold there "does not comply with California Proposition 65. Please visit help/info for more details on Proposition 65."

Proposition 65 (formally titled "The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986") is a California law that has been in effect since 1986 to promote clean drinking water and keep toxic substances that cause cancer and birth defects out of consumer products.

2. the owner, aside from the incident where he pulled a pro-gay shirt from the stores, has donated thousands of dollars(maybe more now) to a guys campaign whos views include

"“If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual [gay] sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything,”"

. . . and as far as the levis. there was a family owned clothing store where i live that specialized in levis. they had been there for at least 50 years. when an urban outfitters opened at the mall down the street, within a year, the small family owned business, went out of business.
theres urban outfitters popping up in every city, the small businesses will go out of business, and every city will be the same, because this is happening with every industry.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #916 on: May 07, 2010, 11:15:51 AM »
All this fashion ethics is making me:
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #917 on: May 07, 2010, 11:35:02 AM »

1. many of the items sold there "does not comply with California Proposition 65. Please visit help/info for more details on Proposition 65."

Proposition 65 (formally titled "The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986") is a California law that has been in effect since 1986 to promote clean drinking water and keep toxic substances that cause cancer and birth defects out of consumer products.

First off, Chris Hansen forbids his two beautiful children from shopping at that shit hole. You can look like a sloppy scare-crow draped in ill-fitting, poorly crafted flannel  for much less by shopping at your local thrift store, or garage sale. But as for your social conscious hard-on, you can beat it off, because by your logic, you should boycott corner stores because they sell cigs. Or better yet, you should boycott schools, because some kids get molested by their P.E. teacher, or a custodian.

I'm Chris Hansen.

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #918 on: May 07, 2010, 01:40:10 PM »
No discount :( But sometimes you can have strings pulled in your favor..
Easy to get a job as a cashier or what they call a lot loader, which is basically just pushing carts and picking shit up for people. Its not unheard of to start at $9 an hour with no experience.
Since the application is online and they have 434332 different positions to apply for, what do you suggest I apply for off the bat?

raul

« Reply #919 on: May 07, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »

2. the owner, aside from the incident where he pulled a pro-gay shirt from the stores, has donated thousands of dollars(maybe more now) to a guys campaign whos views include

"“If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual [gay] sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything,”"

. . . and as far as the levis. there was a family owned clothing store where i live that specialized in levis. they had been there for at least 50 years. when an urban outfitters opened at the mall down the street, within a year, the small family owned business, went out of business.
theres urban outfitters popping up in every city, the small businesses will go out of business, and every city will be the same, because this is happening with every industry.

I like you Gnarles, and it's great that you care and are well-informed about the legalities of things like this.. but that's quite a bit of consideration to take into account when buying a shirt. We're all going to die, some of us by cancer, and this planet is far beyond any help. Just enjoy the ride.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #920 on: May 07, 2010, 02:10:13 PM »
yeah im just putting it out there . . . im a t shirt connoisseur so i find their stuff extremely subpar (kinda like how bubblegumtate probably feels about payless shoes) and extremely overpriced.  . . .  and even more than tshirts, im super intrigued by american consumer habits and buisness practices and stuff like that. everyone has the right to do what they want.

Brewseph

• Rep: 56
« Reply #921 on: May 07, 2010, 02:10:49 PM »

Inbred Jed

« Reply #922 on: May 07, 2010, 03:35:07 PM »
I only shop at the Esprit store. All my clothes glow under a black light.

BriDen

« Reply #923 on: May 07, 2010, 04:24:03 PM »
Fuck you guys and your racist COTTON shirts. I'm wearing nothing but dirt from now on.

raul

« Reply #924 on: May 07, 2010, 05:13:07 PM »
yeah im just putting it out there . . . im a t shirt connoisseur so i find their stuff extremely subpar (kinda like how bubblegumtate probably feels about payless shoes) and extremely overpriced.  . . .  and even more than tshirts, im super intrigued by american consumer habits and buisness practices and stuff like that. everyone has the right to do what they want.

Damn, wouldn't have known that. Seems like a time-consuming interest/hobby. But pretty fascinating too, just not my cup of tea.

Mackattack

« Reply #925 on: May 07, 2010, 10:28:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Easy to get a job as a cashier or what they call a lot loader, which is basically just pushing carts and picking shit up for people. Its not unheard of to start at $9 an hour with no experience.
[close]
Since the application is online and they have 434332 different positions to apply for, what do you suggest I apply for off the bat?

Asbolutely no job experience: Apply for "lot associate" if you dont mind physical work and enjoy freedom. Apply for cashier if you dont want to break a sweat and can endure standing around all day and having people dictate your breaks (you can see my bias here) I started as lot associate.

Previous experience: Any regular sales department job can be yours. Garden= freedom and working outdoors... can be good or bad depending on your preference , Paint= like being a bartender but not as fun, Lumber= dont do it. The blackhole of the store, Plumbing, Hardware, and Electrical= Must be armed with technical knowlede, Flooring, Appliances= plush, big money, but boring, Service desk= for women or gays, Freight team= legit, little interaction with customers, easy busy work but bad hours...

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • do you think this is a game?
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #927 on: May 08, 2010, 12:02:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Asbolutely no job experience: Apply for "lot associate" if you dont mind physical work and enjoy freedom. Apply for cashier if you dont want to break a sweat and can endure standing around all day and having people dictate your breaks (you can see my bias here) I started as lot associate.

Previous experience: Any regular sales department job can be yours. Garden= freedom and working outdoors... can be good or bad depending on your preference , Paint= like being a bartender but not as fun, Lumber= dont do it. The blackhole of the store, Plumbing, Hardware, and Electrical= Must be armed with technical knowlede, Flooring, Appliances= plush, big money, but boring, Service desk= for women or gays, Freight team= legit, little interaction with customers, easy busy work but bad hours...

QFT. Imma get on freight team after garden recovery is over with. im in good with the manager who runs that show.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

damian

« Reply #928 on: May 08, 2010, 02:05:54 PM »
slip ons are never wonderful to skate in

you either have weak morals, or irritable arches.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #929 on: May 09, 2010, 04:36:50 AM »
my good friend blunted an 11 in slipons, so i know some people can do tricks in them but for me it limits my session to carving which is pretty boring