Author Topic: New Bobby Puleo interview...  (Read 19653 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: New Bobby Puleo interview...
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2009, 09:31:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
and to add to gipper's sentiment. even lance mountain just said in his most recent interview that he used to kick fools out of his ramp regularly and doesn't even remember who they were (and that dude's nicer than theotis). the bottom line is that, NO, skaters were not cool with you JUST because you carried a board. you were assumed to be a poser until we saw you rip and you proved your worth. and i saw plenty of cats who could do good tricks get vibed like jocks because they just sucked at life, or cried too fucking much, or always got pissed off when we were trying to have fun, etc.

skatings always been that way until recently when the fucking crying toddlers started having nannies in the game. fuck that.

[close]
yeah, this is the skating i remember. 
[close]

and it sort of has to be this way. 

too many kids pick up a board and automatically think they're down but nothing could be further from the truth.  they need to earn my respect as well as the other skaters that have been holding it down.  earning that respect isn't necessarily based on someone skills, all they have to do is put in a genuine effort to try and skate and i'll show them love.  i have absolutely no love for the guys who show up at the spot and don't skate.  i don't make time for them, i don't want to talk to them, i don't want nothing to do with them, skate or go home. 
and just because you're good at skating doesn't mean you'll instantly gain everyones respect either.  i've met lots of good skaters with the worst attitudes.  no one cares how awesome you are because theres nothing awesome about being a dick.

the long and short of it is, no one gets a free pass.  everyones gotta earn their stripes.

[close]

This is total little kid mentality about skateboarding. What makes you think the people skating give a shit if you respect them or not? If someone shows up to a spot and watches people skate, who gives a fuck? Does it really bother you that much? If they compliment you on a trick, are you going to look at them with your nose up in the air like a douche bag? It's just another form of regular elitism for losers with insecurity issues who think because they are good at skateboarding, they are totally cool dudes.

People who complain about kids getting into skateboarding through the x-games or video games are retards. No one riding a skateboard today invented the fucking thing and shouldn't think they are entitled to be a snob because they were born 10 or 20 years before this generation. Yeah, maybe those things brought a shit storm of people who dipped their head into skateboarding for a little bit and got out but there are plenty of people who actually appreciate skateboarding who have those roots.
[close]

go skate more and travel and skate some more and meet real skaters and it'll all become clear to you. until then, you're gonna actually believe that shit you just wrote. and no one will care either way.

k

yes! his is the fucking source of the problem with skateboarding and music today. too many people skipping steps. you used to have to make some sort of come up and it was never easy, and that has nothing to do with being pro or anything like that. that is just to get into skateboarding as a member of the community. too much dick sucking.
ONTARIO CANADA

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2009, 04:28:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
and to add to gipper's sentiment. even lance mountain just said in his most recent interview that he used to kick fools out of his ramp regularly and doesn't even remember who they were (and that dude's nicer than theotis). the bottom line is that, NO, skaters were not cool with you JUST because you carried a board. you were assumed to be a poser until we saw you rip and you proved your worth. and i saw plenty of cats who could do good tricks get vibed like jocks because they just sucked at life, or cried too fucking much, or always got pissed off when we were trying to have fun, etc.

skatings always been that way until recently when the fucking crying toddlers started having nannies in the game. fuck that.

[close]
[close]

too many kids pick up a board and automatically think they're down but nothing could be further from the truth.  they need to earn my respect as well as the other skaters that have been holding it down.  earning that respect isn't necessarily based on someone skills, all they have to do is put in a genuine effort to try and skate and i'll show them love.  i have absolutely no love for the guys who show up at the spot and don't skate.  i don't make time for them, i don't want to talk to them, i don't want nothing to do with them, skate or go home. 
and just because you're good at skating doesn't mean you'll instantly gain everyones respect either.  i've met lots of good skaters with the worst attitudes.  no one cares how awesome you are because theres nothing awesome about being a dick.

the long and short of it is, no one gets a free pass.  everyones gotta earn their stripes.

[close]

This is total little kid mentality about skateboarding. What makes you think the people skating give a shit if you respect them or not? If someone shows up to a spot and watches people skate, who gives a fuck? Does it really bother you that much? If they compliment you on a trick, are you going to look at them with your nose up in the air like a douche bag? It's just another form of regular elitism for losers with insecurity issues who think because they are good at skateboarding, they are totally cool dudes.

People who complain about kids getting into skateboarding through the x-games or video games are retards. No one riding a skateboard today invented the fucking thing and shouldn't think they are entitled to be a snob because they were born 10 or 20 years before this generation. Yeah, maybe those things brought a shit storm of people who dipped their head into skateboarding for a little bit and got out but there are plenty of people who actually appreciate skateboarding who have those roots.
[close]

go skate more and travel and skate some more and meet real skaters and it'll all become clear to you. until then, you're gonna actually believe that shit you just wrote. and no one will care either way.

k
[close]

yes! his is the fucking source of the problem with skateboarding and music today. too many people skipping steps. you used to have to make some sort of come up and it was never easy, and that has nothing to do with being pro or anything like that. that is just to get into skateboarding as a member of the community. too much dick sucking.

What are the steps of skateboarding?

How old are you? I've been skating for 10 years and following skateboarding for 13 (started reading magazines before I ever skated). I'm not some kid who just started skating 3 days ago. I don't live in bum fuck nowhere, I live in California which might as well be the skate capital of the world in terms of how many skaters are around here and spots. I never got why people thought it was cool to have a shitty attitude towards people who are just starting out or aren't really deep into skateboarding. You two seem like you care too much about your image or what people think about you. I don't give a shit about what someone else is doing or their attitude towards me when I'm skateboarding. Have fun and shut the fuck up.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2009, 05:00:32 PM »
Have fun and shut the fuck up.

excellent quote to end the decade with . . 

dylan makes me wet

• Rep: -32
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2009, 02:49:53 AM »
yes he does come across as a major dick
but i think skateboarding needs someone who speaks there mind,i mean properly speaks their mind,and doesn't censor their views just because they may be controversial

i still back his skating though,definetly one of my favourites

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2009, 07:03:05 AM »
so if someone doesn't have controversial viewpoints on things (that they don't need to censor), they're not speaking their mind properly?

karl watson speaks his mind too ya know
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:05:05 AM by wake and bacon »
:) I must have been tripping last night

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2009, 07:43:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

k
[close]

[close]

How old are you? I've been skating for 10 years and following skateboarding for 13 (started reading magazines before I ever skated). I'm not some kid who just started skating 3 days ago. I don't live in bum fuck nowhere, I live in California which might as well be the skate capital of the world in terms of how many skaters are around here and spots. I never got why people thought it was cool to have a shitty attitude towards people who are just starting out or aren't really deep into skateboarding. You two seem like you care too much about your image or what people think about you. I don't give a shit about what someone else is doing or their attitude towards me when I'm skateboarding. Have fun and shut the fuck up.

you are a fucking clownshoe
guess what sucker
i been skating 11 years and i dont give a fuck where you fucking live i am just as ill as any other cat in this b.i.

it is obvious i am cool because i never came here fake once to yall and yall always fronting on me with shit

i gotta spell shit out for everyone on real

here they are:

1. first saw fulfill the dream, saw hip hop and skating, realized that was what i wanted to do
2. saved up enough to get a board with help from my pops cause i was only 11 or 12.
3. skated in front of my house til i was good enough to at least ollie, kickflip, and fs 5050
4. skated street a few blocks from my house for awhile til i got a bit better
5. skated the local park when it wasnt busy til i got a bit better
6. high school came, took the bus to a bigger city to skate street with older dudes
7. 5050d a hubba that none of the older dudes would skate and got my first photo
8. now was accepted into older gods crew, and they were old enough to drive so we drove to better spots
9. skated toronto
10. then made a video part
11. after that video met some more friends in different cities from internets and stuff cause we were at the same skill level
12. went to college and most of my friends moved away, started skating with younger cats and startin the cycle over again

that is a proper come up no dick riding or nothing just illness. you should also keep in mind that skating in ontario in 1998 was still really small, just a few shops and not that many people doing it. it was hard for us to even get videos in my area so for me to 5050 a hubba soudns really stupid and easy and something every kid can do nowadays but at the time we had only seen like the way older insane guys skating shit like that. it has nothing to do with how good you are or anything like that its a respect thing you showed you were cool and dedicated and thats what it comes down to.
ONTARIO CANADA

yeahbro

« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2009, 09:55:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

k
[close]

[close]

[close]

guess what sucker
i been skating 11 years and i dont give a fuck where you fucking live i am just as ill as any other cat in this b.i.

it is obvious i am cool because i never came here fake once to yall and yall always fronting on me with shit

here they are:

1. first saw fulfill the dream, saw hip hop and skating, realized that was what i wanted to do
2. saved up enough to get a board with help from my pops cause i was only 11 or 12.
3. skated in front of my house til i was good enough to at least ollie, kickflip, and fs 5050
6. high school came, took the bus to a bigger city to skate street with older dudes
7. 5050d a hubba that none of the older dudes would skate and got my first photo
8. now was accepted into older gods crew, and they were old enough to drive so we drove to better spots
9. skated toronto
11. after that video met some more friends in different cities from internets and stuff cause we were at the same skill level
12. went to college and most of my friends moved away, started skating with younger cats and startin the cycle over again

that is a proper come up no dick riding or nothing just illness. you should also keep in mind that skating in ontario in 1998 was still really small, just a few shops and not that many people doing it. it was hard for us to even get videos in my area so for me to 5050 a hubba soudns really stupid and easy and something every kid can do nowadays but at the time we had only seen like the way older insane guys skating shit like that. it has nothing to do with how good you are or anything like that its a respect thing you showed you were cool and dedicated and thats what it comes down to.
this sounds like the rob dyrdek movie but its 5050 a hubba instead of tre flip lip.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2009, 10:03:40 AM »
"I live in California which might as well be the skate capital of the world in terms of how many skaters are around here and spots."

hahahahahahahahaha wow, thanks for properly displaying your "never take me serious," badge.

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2009, 12:36:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

k
[close]

[close]

[close]

guess what sucker

here they are:

9. skated toronto

Sounds like your penis went through your forehead.

But seriously, skateboarding is not the same for everyone and for someone like you or anyone else to try to attach rules to it is ridiculous. Part of the reason why most people like skateboarding is because there are no rules to it and you can do whatever the fuck you want. It's a kind of a generic thing to say but definitely one of cool things about it. Yeah, it's cool that you are dedicated to skateboarding, but it's extremely lame to try to force your image of what a "proper come up" is on other people. Go play football.

"I live in California which might as well be the skate capital of the world in terms of how many skaters are around here and spots."

hahahahahahahahaha wow, thanks for properly displaying your "never take me serious," badge.

Thanks. It means a lot to me.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2009, 01:12:27 PM »
here is standard child come up these days:
1. watch mvp that movie with the monkey skating (cruel as fuck to the monkey if you ask me)
2. dad gets tony hawk autograph tattooed to his cock
3. goes to skate park on scooter and gets in everyones way
4. works his way up to a skateboard to snake
5. learns how to boardslide adn kickflip before ollie properly
6. attends summer sk8 camp to learn 3 flips
7. gets sponsored by some lame ass thing for winning the 10 and under contest
8. films a crappy part and makes his way into getting a west 49 flow for 10% discount on falloutboy dildos
9.dickrides his way to flow on some gay ass company like element or quicksilver
10.does a bunch of sw fs bigspins and generic stair and handrail tricks to make it to am for darkstar
11.do a bunch of ledge combos to make it pro for powell
12.kill yourself
ONTARIO CANADA

Mr. DNA

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2009, 02:52:55 PM »
1. watch mvp that movie with the monkey skating (cruel as fuck to the monkey if you ask me)
8. films a crappy part and makes his way into getting a west 49 flow for 10% discount on falloutboy dildos
10.does a bunch of sw fs bigspins and generic stair and handrail tricks to make it to am for darkstar
12.kill yourself

seriously, I saw a kid with a falloutboy dildo at the park the other day and had to just shake my head and think, "well there's the next am for darkstar god damnit".  he did a front board to back lip to switch front board on the flat bar though, ill.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2009, 07:11:18 PM »
Expand Quote
12.kill yourself
[close]

seriously, I saw a kid with a falloutboy dildo at the park the other day and had to just shake my head and think, "well there's the next am for darkstar god damnit".  he did a front board to back lip to switch front board on the flat bar though, ill.

What the fuck?  That sounds impossible and laugh out loud funny looking.

Edit: damn, i cant believe i didnt catch the sarcasm there.  I also cant believe i skipped such a good rawb post.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:35:00 AM by Nick. »

Rihardslol

« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2010, 04:01:42 AM »
Bobby Puleo came to Latvia a long time ago and publicly said that there are no spots here.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2010, 10:58:58 AM »
did he stand on a podium and make an announcement

Rihardslol

« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2010, 11:06:57 AM »
No, I just started or didn't skate that time, didn't see that but I've been told that by many people and read it in a magazine.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2010, 11:23:45 AM »
did he stand on a podium and make an announcement

probably on a regular old soapbox.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
Bobby Puleo came to Latvia a long time ago and publicly said that there are no spots here.

whoa, you're from Latvia? isn't there some really dope plaza, like a Stalin-type place, either there or in Lithuania?

Rihardslol

« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2010, 12:05:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

whoa, you're from Latvia? isn't there some really dope plaza, like a Stalin-type place, either there or in Lithuania?

No, Stalin Plaza is in Prague, Czech republic. Many people go there from here tho

I maybe misunderstood your question, were you talking about stalin plaza or a plaza in Vilnius(Lithuania)? It's dope but that place is crowded with people most of the time because people just like to chill there. Actually Puleo was right about Latvia, everyone is saying that there are no spots here, well there are some, but compering to the rest of the Europe...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 01:17:59 PM by Rihardslol »

thugnificent

« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2010, 12:52:30 PM »
first off, puleo is a huge faggot, as is anyone defending him. who the fuck cares how someone starts skating or is introduced to it? its a plank of wood with little wheels, it's a toy. grown ass men arguing over a toy.

Dumbs!

• Rep: 3
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2010, 08:20:54 PM »
This forum is dedicated to talking about all aspects of that toy.
person

spare change

« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2010, 08:39:06 PM »
This forum is dedicated to talking about all aspects of that toy.
person

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2010, 05:34:04 PM »
he makes a decent point though, if you thoroughly enjoy throwing that skateboard down every day then why you got into it is rather insignificant... love runs deeper than a "first impression", wouldn't you agree?

mock nugget

• Rep: -12
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2010, 10:32:39 PM »
Puleo took my friends older sister out for a couple dates years ago, later on she said that he was a dick and even made her pay for his dinner.  true story.  Puleo is a good skater.

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2010, 11:49:29 PM »

thats cool. here;s how the real world works.
1. fuck you
2. there is nothing hard about canada
3. there is nothing gangsta about canada
4. no one cares that you say you rip
5. no one can say they've seen you rip
6. your from canada
7. you cant be hard
8. your from canada
9. your not gangsta. at all. in any sense of the word
10. good skaters don't talk about how good they are
11. get off
12. the internet.
12.kill yourself

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2010, 11:50:52 PM »
thats cool. here;s how the real world works.
1. fuck you
2. there is nothing hard about canada
3. there is nothing gangsta about canada
4. no one cares that you say you rip
5. no one can say they've seen you rip
6. your from canada
7. you cant be hard
8. your from canada
9. your not gangsta. at all. in any sense of the word
10. good skaters don't talk about how good they are
11. get off
12. the internet.
12.kill yourself

ratherwatch

« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2010, 09:18:02 AM »
For what it's worth I applaud anybody who challenges the consensus of conformity in what is (supposedly) a free thinker's medium.
And while the guy is mildly eccentric he's also honest and forthright. Better that any day than another 'just send over the questions' politician trying to stay on the good side of the snowboarder CEO.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2010, 09:20:48 AM »
are you really that dumb? that was the most regular post i have ever read, you couldnt even come up with 12 different points, then you quoted yourself, and posted it again. you cant even work a fucking message board. fucking lint.
ONTARIO CANADA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2010, 03:53:04 PM »
Puleo took my friends older sister out for a couple dates years ago, later on she said that he was a dick and even made her pay for his dinner.   true story.  Puleo is a good skater.

Would that be considered rape?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2010, 07:26:30 AM »
^^^ in a lot of bitches mind it would