Author Topic: New Bobby Puleo interview...  (Read 19654 times)

krewkruxklan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
Re: New Bobby Puleo interview...
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2009, 01:40:32 PM »
oh and for the record, i fully agree with COTG's last post. he's right. if prod said that shit, he'd get roasted (even though in his case, it might be true) no matter the real sentiment behind it. and bobby is definitely THAT salty ass kid who'd take his shit and leave if he didn't like the game. gotta love it.

k

Ironically, i doubt he'd evenconsider saying he's the best. From what i've seen p-rod's one of the most humble skaters out there.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2009, 02:09:31 PM »
double standards, we're all full of 'em
:) I must have been tripping last night

blankbutbranded

• Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2009, 02:22:49 PM »
Bobby is good in his own ways...thats why he hates on straight bullshit like little kids.

Hes fucking right little kids must get punched sometimes they ruins everything with their faggot ass videogames...what a fucking era of pure shit.

the real thing is Bobby is frustrated about shoes and he drink too much just look at his face he look like hes been to a lost island and drink his own piss to survive.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2009, 02:35:49 PM »
he look like hes been to a lost island and drink his own piss to survive.

best description of Puleo i've heard so far . . .

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2009, 03:24:28 PM »
I'd rather watch videos of animals shitting then watch a stiffed back sub par Bobby Puleo part. Fuck him and his stupid fucking goose looking hands
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2009, 08:03:12 PM »
and to add to gipper's sentiment. even lance mountain just said in his most recent interview that he used to kick fools out of his ramp regularly and doesn't even remember who they were (and that dude's nicer than theotis). the bottom line is that, NO, skaters were not cool with you JUST because you carried a board. you were assumed to be a poser until we saw you rip and you proved your worth. and i saw plenty of cats who could do good tricks get vibed like jocks because they just sucked at life, or cried too fucking much, or always got pissed off when we were trying to have fun, etc.

skatings always been that way until recently when the fucking crying toddlers started having nannies in the game. fuck that.

yeah, this is the skating i remember. 
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

ASSHOLES and ELBOW GREASE

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2009, 08:19:58 PM »
I've been getting the kooks so I will re-explain what I meant. I really don't understand the whole "asshole" concept. I don't think these dudes who rip bowls and 1/2 pipes are "assholes". Yes there is an intimidation factor when you're a kid, but you feel that intimidation factor from the parking lot, 25 feet away. It's a weird energy. You get out of your car, and you know what's up. You can feel it from the parking lot, dudes are shredding hard. So right there you know that this ain't the park to do 2 mile per hour nollie backside flips, switch flips, or 2 mile per hour tre flips. You gotta dumb your shit down and do ollies, nollies, 50's, just skate as fast you can and stay out of the way.

So I wouldn't say that park rippers are "assholes". They're usually pretty anti-mainstream, anti- a lot of things so, I don't consider guys like that to be "assholes".

The only thing shitty that happens at a park is when you're shredding around a little ballerina bombs the bank on her Pink Barbie Big Wheel, with her Soccer Dad running behind her on his cell phone making some loud business call.

east is in the house

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2009, 08:24:28 PM »
bob's the real deal. I'm always surprised that he has such a large following.
He's the type of guy who should be at the forefront of the brooklyn scene, the way rohan, who's a transplant and not a local, mind you; is in manhattan. if there's one thing that doesn't sit will with skateboarders world wide, its pros who are self-absorbed. obviously bobby knows what he's doing and has been doing it forever, but giving back to the one thing that gave him so much should be higher up on his list of priorities.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2009, 08:39:22 PM »
I've been getting the kooks so I will re-explain what I meant. I really don't understand the whole "asshole" concept. I don't think these dudes who rip bowls and 1/2 pipes are "assholes". Yes there is an intimidation factor when you're a kid, but you feel that intimidation factor from the parking lot, 25 feet away. It's a weird energy. You get out of your car, and you know what's up. You can feel it from the parking lot, dudes are shredding hard. So right there you know that this ain't the park to do 2 mile per hour nollie backside flips, switch flips, or 2 mile per hour tre flips. You gotta dumb your shit down and do ollies, nollies, 50's, just skate as fast you can and stay out of the way.

So I wouldn't say that park rippers are "assholes". They're usually pretty anti-mainstream, anti- a lot of things so, I don't consider guys like that to be "assholes".

The only thing shitty that happens at a park is when you're shredding around a little ballerina bombs the bank on her Pink Barbie Big Wheel, with her Soccer Dad running behind her on his cell phone making some loud business call.

Yeah dude, I fuckin hate getting kooked at the skatepark, bro. Makes me want to call 911.

east is in the house

« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2009, 08:42:42 PM »
its great hearing how billy keeps on doing shit. he's encroachin' into bob's terf though, building some shit in the burg! if bob shows up there to skate, someone should call his ass out!

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2009, 11:41:21 PM »
He's the type of guy who should be at the forefront of the brooklyn scene, the way rohan, who's a transplant and not a local, mind you; is in manhattan. if there's one thing that doesn't sit will with skateboarders world wide, its pros who are self-absorbed. obviously bobby knows what he's doing and has been doing it forever, but giving back to the one thing that gave him so much should be higher up on his list of priorities.
he designed that new park next to mccaren pool. its not very good though.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2009, 11:50:50 PM »
Is puleo puerto-rican?
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Chris Partlow

• Rep: 1
  • dont worry boss i got you covered, quick and clean
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2009, 12:20:22 AM »
didnt read the interview, his video parts are entertaining.

this faceshot photo looks like fuckin shit. he looks like a horrible alcoholic or junkie. his skin is that nice addict/alcoholic grey. time to check into detox mt man

friction!

• Rep: 18
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2009, 12:56:49 AM »
i wont even really bother getting into it, but after reading that interview...give me a break.
blame that fucking interviewer for pandering to him as well.
i find it hilarious that the two of them scoff at the idea of it "not being okay" to ride another companys board or tee. of course you see certain guys doing it now, its not the end of the world, but give me a break. thats just life.
if someones is willing to put food in your mouth, are you really going to disrespect them by repping some gear from someone who theyre in direct competition with?
absolutely ridiculous.

Lurkenstock

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2009, 02:26:24 AM »
Rohan is indeed a transplant but Puleo is too, albeit from about 15 miles away, still, an out of towner is an out of towner nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm not a fan really but I've seen him do some rad shit in his career like in the Stereo and Mad Circle days.
Also in his defense most of the shit he skates is truly gnar and the reason why he does simple tricks on them is usually because the spots themselves are so fucking heinous and rugged that the only shit people could even do on them is simple shit.

Lately dude looks like Serpico coming down off of a week long bender.
I like how he speaks his mind and shit but to me he always came off on some Napoleon Complex shit.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2009, 08:13:42 AM »
Expand Quote
and to add to gipper's sentiment. even lance mountain just said in his most recent interview that he used to kick fools out of his ramp regularly and doesn't even remember who they were (and that dude's nicer than theotis). the bottom line is that, NO, skaters were not cool with you JUST because you carried a board. you were assumed to be a poser until we saw you rip and you proved your worth. and i saw plenty of cats who could do good tricks get vibed like jocks because they just sucked at life, or cried too fucking much, or always got pissed off when we were trying to have fun, etc.

skatings always been that way until recently when the fucking crying toddlers started having nannies in the game. fuck that.

[close]

and it sort of has to be this way. 

too many kids pick up a board and automatically think they're down but nothing could be further from the truth.  they need to earn my respect as well as the other skaters that have been holding it down.  earning that respect isn't necessarily based on someone skills, all they have to do is put in a genuine effort to try and skate and i'll show them love.  i have absolutely no love for the guys who show up at the spot and don't skate.  i don't make time for them, i don't want to talk to them, i don't want nothing to do with them, skate or go home. 
and just because you're good at skating doesn't mean you'll instantly gain everyones respect either.  i've met lots of good skaters with the worst attitudes.  no one cares how awesome you are because theres nothing awesome about being a dick.

the long and short of it is, no one gets a free pass.  everyones gotta earn their stripes.

spare change

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2009, 08:27:59 AM »
no one gets a free pass.  everyones gotta earn their stripes.
This is what I meant by assholes.
Ego's are getting too out of control,showing up to a spot you had no input on and acting like you own it.
Burnside has a certain level of fear associated with it,I wish people felt that way about some spots.
Don't roll up to park and instantly start snaking everyone, someone should break it down how shit works.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2009, 08:43:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

too many kids pick up a board and automatically think they're down but nothing could be further from the truth.  they need to earn my respect as well as the other skaters that have been holding it down.  earning that respect isn't necessarily based on someone skills, all they have to do is put in a genuine effort to try and skate and i'll show them love.  i have absolutely no love for the guys who show up at the spot and don't skate.  i don't make time for them, i don't want to talk to them, i don't want nothing to do with them, skate or go home. 
and just because you're good at skating doesn't mean you'll instantly gain everyones respect either.  i've met lots of good skaters with the worst attitudes.  no one cares how awesome you are because theres nothing awesome about being a dick.

the long and short of it is, no one gets a free pass.  everyones gotta earn their stripes.

[close]

Yeah right. How about all of the industry hipster dick riders who get respect from everyone even though all they do is talk shit.

And how could you respect Puleo when the guy claims that noone is at his level? Not even P Rod would say that

who is talking about industry hipster dickriders or even puleo?  i'm talking about me and how the skaters around me will earn my respect. 
i can't speak for everyone but just because someone works in the industry or hes some famous pro doesn't mean i'll show them respect.  i don't give a shit about the industry, i don't give a shit about pros and i damn sure don't give a shit about the dick swinging hipster cock boys who want to be down with it.  like i said, no one gets a free pass.  no one.     

Dumbs!

• Rep: 3
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2009, 01:06:18 PM »
The comparison between P.Rod and Bobby is actually pretty interesting. If skating was like it is today when I started skating in the late 80īs then Bobby and Harold Hunter would be household names making real money. In 92, 93, in New York, Bobby and Harold were 2 of the the best skaters in the city. Bobby got hated on at Zoo for being too good (and from jersey). Bobby filmed that 411 "wheels" in three days of skating, just meeting up at the banks and skating around from there w no plan of where he was going or what he would do there.
Yes, 18 years later people can seem like a caricature of their former selves but what will P.Rod be like in 20 years? A lot of people remember Harold as just a class clown, I mean, after he passed someone on here asked if he was "ever good?" but Iīll always remember how amazing he was. I was just watching that Traffic part of Bobīs the other day and in my opinion itīs better than any part P.rod has put out.
But that shit is apples and oranges, letīs talk in 18 years. Will there be a bitter Mike Mo interview in the August 2029 issue of Transworld?

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »
paul hit the scene as a hella young gun, he's been in the 'limelight' as a prodigy since the new millenium... 2020 i bet he will be on top of this game still... he'll be in his 30's running things like reynolds does now, so long as no injuries take him out.

Ego's are getting too out of control

what, like puleos?? heheheh
:) I must have been tripping last night

eyodu

• Rep: -35
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2009, 02:00:51 PM »
what an arrogant fuck, although i do like his skating

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »
I was just watching that Traffic part of Bobīs the other day and in my opinion itīs better than any part P.rod has put out.

not that it's relevant but i thought jacks part was way better

LURMWOOD

• Rep: -26
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2009, 02:31:48 PM »
Puleo is jewish and italian and probably other stuff. 

LURMWOOD

• Rep: -26
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2009, 02:33:02 PM »
Oyola isn't 100% Puerto Rican either.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »
fuck it ive always been more of an oyala fan myself.

edit: east coast nights: the ballad of ricky and bobby?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 03:12:11 PM by ROCKxADIO420 »

Dumbs!

• Rep: 3
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2009, 04:39:49 PM »
For sure P Rodīs stuff is harder. I just really liked Bobbyīs Traffic part better. I think Bobbyīs shit takes more thought and creativity. P Rod is an amazing skater, in person his board control is insane. Like I said, itīs apples and oranges;
I like P Rods sw tre down the Santa Monica triple set-not into the fact that there was a roll in there.
I loved Bobbys part-would have liked to see more parts more frequently.
East coast-west coast doesnīt mean anything. COTG would love skating in NY, everyone does.

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2009, 04:43:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

This is total little kid mentality about skateboarding. What makes you think the people skating give a shit if you respect them or not? If someone shows up to a spot and watches people skate, who gives a fuck? Does it really bother you that much? If they compliment you on a trick, are you going to look at them with your nose up in the air like a douche bag? It's just another form of regular elitism for losers with insecurity issues who think because they are good at skateboarding, they are totally cool dudes.

People who complain about kids getting into skateboarding through the x-games or video games are retards. No one riding a skateboard today invented the fucking thing and shouldn't think they are entitled to be a snob because they were born 10 or 20 years before this generation. Yeah, maybe those things brought a shit storm of people who dipped their head into skateboarding for a little bit and got out but there are plenty of people who actually appreciate skateboarding who have those roots.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2009, 06:11:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

This is total little kid mentality about skateboarding. What makes you think the people skating give a shit if you respect them or not? If someone shows up to a spot and watches people skate, who gives a fuck? Does it really bother you that much? If they compliment you on a trick, are you going to look at them with your nose up in the air like a douche bag? It's just another form of regular elitism for losers with insecurity issues who think because they are good at skateboarding, they are totally cool dudes.

People who complain about kids getting into skateboarding through the x-games or video games are retards. No one riding a skateboard today invented the fucking thing and shouldn't think they are entitled to be a snob because they were born 10 or 20 years before this generation. Yeah, maybe those things brought a shit storm of people who dipped their head into skateboarding for a little bit and got out but there are plenty of people who actually appreciate skateboarding who have those roots.

go skate more and travel and skate some more and meet real skaters and it'll all become clear to you. until then, you're gonna actually believe that shit you just wrote. and no one will care either way.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

cja105

« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2009, 06:55:56 AM »
Good to see his Wheels of Fortune again, he's entitled to his opinions like anyone else in skateboarding, it's only an interview anyway -
glad he's still skating...

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2009, 07:08:44 AM »
bob was cool as shit when i used to run into him like 10 years ago; he lived with (not like boyfriend/girlfriend, in the sense of like if one lives in manhattan one usually has 4 or 5 roomates) this girl i knew from college. this was right when he was getting on infamous though. it's funny cause he thought he was mad old for skating and he was like 23.

as far as the whole spot thing, it is what is; once a spot is out there in the universe you don't really have much control over it.  i mean, should Dill have included a footnote or some shit in his part? or paid bob a residual for each copy of MF sold? If one finds a cool spot that a bunch of dudes end up skating and having fun/filming at, that's sick, you just contributed something, no reason to be salty...