Author Topic: Darren Haper  (Read 11264 times)

max power

Re: Darren Haper
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2006, 04:18:42 AM »
that song is horrifying, my ears vomited in terror.

kinggeedorah

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2006, 06:55:33 AM »
What's the deal with the single flatground tricks?  Why the hell would you put that in your part?

ymhy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2006, 07:45:38 AM »
well lets see, maybe because the shit is popped higher than you can ollie on your best day, because shit like that is what skateboarding is really about, because he isn't some wack bitch who spends 8 hours at one spot trying to film a line of the hardest tricks that he just learned last week, because the editor doesn't need to rely on some wack motherfucker like you to tell him that the shit isn't cool and shouldn't go in the clip.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2006, 10:37:44 AM »
and because it's for FAMOUS STARS AND STRAPS.  ugh.

kinggeedorah

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2006, 04:47:40 PM »
ymyh.  eat a dick.  it's 2006, not 1986.  a singe flatground trick in a video is wack on all levels.  seriously, just finish what you started (meaning the line he's trying to film).  no doubt the dude has serious pop, but the editor was obviously some terd from blink 182. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2006, 02:10:03 AM »
nice stuff. I like it.. D.C. represent
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

liquid swords

• Rep: 6
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2006, 03:25:44 AM »
ymyh.  eat a dick.  it's 2006, not 1986.  a singe flatground trick in a video is wack on all levels.  seriously, just finish what you started (meaning the line he's trying to film).  no doubt the dude has serious pop, but the editor was obviously some terd from blink 182. 

stop your whining its not like its a part in a video, just showing some clips

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2006, 12:34:38 PM »

NEVER POST AGAIN

Vauxhall

• Rep: 0
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2006, 07:14:08 PM »
I have to side with ymhy on this.  Wait, no. This is not about sides,  it's about me almost shitting myself when he did that first shuvit.

Murdercapital

• Rep: -22
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2006, 10:55:40 PM »
yea the thing is this is just a promo video, its a dvd that has him on the cover and all it has is that part.  He's holding onto all his good footy for Get Familiar. 

kinggeedorah

« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2006, 06:16:54 AM »
I never said anything bad about dudes skills, just the shit editing and his choices of sponsors.  call the whambulance

kessel

« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2006, 06:44:11 AM »
stevie williams jr.

police_state

• Rep: 3
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2006, 09:27:48 AM »
jesus christ what was that song.

'gangsters n thugs' by Transplants

Mizzark

« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2006, 10:02:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that shit was awful

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2006, 10:29:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fuck you, i didn't actually want to know what the song was called.

Brain Squids

« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2006, 05:41:29 PM »
Another skater to put on my laugh out loud list.
Single trick nollie flip popped the FUCK outa it put me and my mates in hysterics.

roulette

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2006, 06:09:50 PM »
that line at venice is crazy

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2006, 06:48:29 PM »
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

kev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2006, 07:29:08 PM »
Expand Quote
that line at venice is crazy gross
[close]

i'll never understand why travis stenger pushed the second he landed that trick, he could've easily rode away

roulette

« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2006, 07:32:35 PM »
that line at venice is crazy
dumb fuckin canadien

gobstopper

« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2006, 08:36:12 PM »
the thing that people dont understand is that east coast skating is raw, we dont have any school yards with plastic benches to train at. we have to skate places where you risk having your board taken, getting chased by park police, even getting thrown in jail. just ask tucci, he spent a week in jail for skating, true story. you're not always going to get a smooth style with east coast skaters. just look at freddy gall, he skates in his own way, and lands everything sketchy, but i love it. people dont understand that dc is a crazy place. dc is not limited to constitution ave with all the monuments. nobody that comes to dc on vacation goes to south east, where people are getting shot everyday. our mayor was on coke! what other city can say that? darren is real, and so is his skating. he didnt change his style to become marketable like many cats on the west coast have. i can say this because im from dc and i personally know and have filmed and skated with darren. everybody on this site needs to stop hating, the footy in that "mini part" was three to four years old. hes been doing crazy shit that you'll need to check out in get familiar.

killbot

• Rep: 13
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2006, 08:56:50 PM »
that video is going to be a good fuckin time

OG Rosie

« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2006, 09:26:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

fuck you, i didn't actually want to know what the song was called.

be careful what you ask for then, geez.

Royal Flush

• Rep: -1
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2006, 03:53:43 PM »
Darren Harper is a true muthafuckin G goin out for da loot!

fuckingvegan

« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2006, 11:05:08 AM »
the thing that people dont understand is that east coast skating is raw, we dont have any school yards with plastic benches to train at. we have to skate places where you risk having your board taken, getting chased by park police, even getting thrown in jail. just ask tucci, he spent a week in jail for skating, true story. you're not always going to get a smooth style with east coast skaters. just look at freddy gall, he skates in his own way, and lands everything sketchy, but i love it. people dont understand that dc is a crazy place. dc is not limited to constitution ave with all the monuments. nobody that comes to dc on vacation goes to south east, where people are getting shot everyday. our mayor was on coke! what other city can say that? darren is real, and so is his skating. he didnt change his style to become marketable like many cats on the west coast have. i can say this because im from dc and i personally know and have filmed and skated with darren. everybody on this site needs to stop hating, the footy in that "mini part" was three to four years old. hes been doing crazy shit that you'll need to check out in get familiar.

And not every spot out west is a school yard with plastic benches. Ask Cards and Matt Rod they spent time in jail for skating. Or ask Satva about getting cloths lines from behind by a cop at China Banks. And a mayor on coke is nothing to be proud of shit is wack and anyone from there should be ashamed that he is in office.
DC is a crazy town, been there a few times and like most cities back east it isn't anything to fuck with.
And you want a west coast city with rough ass spots come to Portland, I ride big wheels (57mm) and I still can't skate most of the streets shit is rough. Reminds me of the east coast a lot.

ryanoconnor

• Rep: 5
  • pile for life
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2006, 03:05:53 AM »
so fucking stoked on darren harper .. he's raw as fuck .. nollie back heel over a nipple high ledge is pretty decent ..

gobstopper

« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2006, 06:21:29 AM »
its my fault vegan, i meant cali, i give much love to portland, and the place does remind me a lot of the east coast as well. portland is a whole nother league compared to cali.

although that thing you said about satva getting clotheslined by a cop from behin...thats nothing unique in my eyes. i see that kinda shit every day. the park police in dc are unlike any other police force, in the way they attack skateboarders. one dude officer snow is the craziest, tackling kids for skateboarding is part of his daily regimen. i've seen kids as young as 10 get tackled and arrested just for skating pulaski park. as a matter of fact, about 5 months ago there was a piture of a 14 year old kid on crailtap who was being held down by THE officer snow and a few other cops, just for skating a plaza.

and you can ask brian tucci about the time he got chased for several blocks by a police cruiser down the street, and eventually tackled by an FBI officer (complete with the earpiece and suit), which led to spending a week in jail with a possible "assault on a government figure" charge or some shit. you cant tell me you've ever seen that happen.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2006, 09:13:51 AM »
Yeah the park police as bullshit. I saw them fucking with some dudes when I was in DC once, not sure what the people where doing. Things is nowadays skaters have it tough everywhere some places are a lot worse then others though.

SLUTBALL

• Rep: -25
  • kill yourself
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2006, 04:10:25 PM »
he skates with a purpose

antihero

• Rep: -1
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2006, 05:52:50 PM »
Good tricks. Bad style.