Author Topic: Park Footy - from roadtrip  (Read 2900 times)

joshua

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Park Footy - from roadtrip
« on: August 23, 2006, 09:44:22 AM »
a few friends and i took a roadtrip to colorado, santa fe, then back to dallas...we hit up a bunch of concrete parks in denver, longmont, westminster, boulder, albeqeurque, and amarillo. obviously i didnt waste a lot of time filming at the parks rather than skating, but got a few things...heres just a short clip of some raw footage from the park in westminster, one in santa fe, and the one in amarillo.

colonm_park.mov

Mizzark

Re: Park Footy - from roadtrip
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 10:29:54 AM »
a road trip to go to skateparks?

fuckingvegan

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 10:33:53 AM »
a few friends and i took a roadtrip to colorado, santa fe, then back to dallas...we hit up a bunch of concrete parks in denver, longmont, westminster, boulder, albeqeurque, and amarillo. obviously i didnt waste a lot of time filming at the parks rather than skating, but got a few things...heres just a short clip of some raw footage from the park in westminster, one in santa fe, and the one in amarillo.

colonm_park.mov

Heard those parks are super good, did you get to skate any of the backyard ramps or bowls in Colorado?

joshua

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 10:39:09 AM »
no it wasnt a roadtrip soleley for skateparks, although that was a motivation because there were so many. and no we didnt hit up any backyard shit, didnt really know about htem either. but yeah, the parks in colorado are gnarly, just the little things like steeper bowls and banks as compared to in dallas made it a lot more fun.

clausen flunkie

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 12:37:11 PM »
So many skateparks, what a great oppertunity to skate contest rails, was that a full pipe getting back ground props? Looks like a waste of gas.

ween

• Rep: 1
  • sweat tims onlee plz duds
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 01:34:38 PM »
couldn't you just skate flat bars at home?

joshua

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 03:15:25 PM »
for the last time, we did a lot more on this trip than this little bit on film...what is on film at the parks is about 2% of the trip...i dont even know what im trying to prove by replying with explanations...holy shit just watch the footage and take it for what it is.

roulette

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 03:18:30 PM »
i love concrete parks

roulette

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 03:19:35 PM »
i dont know if it that counts as "Park footy" though

mbl88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • gyno doing a skaterz trcik
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 03:22:54 PM »
shit n shit
Jeff Baldwin is the next Guy Mariano

fuckingvegan

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 03:28:55 PM »
for the last time, we did a lot more on this trip than this little bit on film...what is on film at the parks is about 2% of the trip...i dont even know what im trying to prove by replying with explanations...holy shit just watch the footage and take it for what it is.

Ignore the haters, they are just jealous that their lives suck and they can't go on roadtrips.

mikefork

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 06:39:03 PM »
looked fun, what camera were you guys usng? the quality looked really good and i haven't really seen that quality with a vx before

joshua

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 11:35:55 AM »
its a vx...the dark thunderstorm clouds and the sun shining through made for some interesting colors, probably couldve made em better though.

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 11:37:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ignore the haters, they are just jealous that their lives suck and they can't go on roadtrips.

it's hard really to believe, but your posts get worse and worse each day

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 11:38:35 AM »
and most people go on roadtrips to skate streets and cities and such, not training grounds

but hey, whatever floats your boat

monster network

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 12:15:09 PM »
sick stuff, particularly at the end, obviously, but my favourite bit was the kickflip 50-50 at the start of that line. would have been nice to mix up the park bits and pieces footage wise, you know, some hips, maybe a carve in that fullpipe even, that kinda thing. bit more flowing. 

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 12:17:22 PM »
ah, don't listen to em.  Roadtrips where you just go hit up parks are super fun.  Unless your filming for a video part for some legit video, i'd rather go hit up parks then search around for a bunch of street spots.   

Mizzark

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 01:43:47 PM »
ah, don't listen to em.  Roadtrips where you just go hit up parks are super fun.  Unless your filming for a video part for some legit video, i'd rather go hit up parks then search around for a bunch of street spots.   

yeah because you only skate street if theres a camera!

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 02:20:03 PM »
IT WAS GOOD SKATING IN THE CLIPS THOUGH, OTHER THAN THE SALAD GRINDS. 

DENTOTAPE

• Rep: 1
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 02:22:42 PM »
whats with you and the caps lately. we've always known you are a whiny little bitch just like 56inch but now you are becoming scarily similar to him with the caps. CHILL WITH THE FUCKIN CAPS

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
  • I'm happy, won't you be happy with me?
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2006, 05:41:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it's possible to skate street without a camera?!?!?!?!?

Mizzark

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2006, 05:42:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
that's the way it works, right???

as far as I know. why risk the hassle of skating street unless you're getting hammer footage? Id rather be safe inside a cage.

brent

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 08:10:45 PM »
you guys like the amarillo park? seemed to me everything was way too steep when i went there. you dudes come through lubbock?

joshua

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 08:15:43 PM »
the majority of the people on this board are douche bags, its too overstated to be untrue. for the last time, this is not a montage of our roadtrip, this is not a video showing everything everyone can do at the parks, a few times i wanted to break out the camera and get a few things on film for fun to watch later, like right now...obviously im not talking about everyone when i say this, but honestly, why do you feel the need to shoot down everyone for the smallest things with the lamest shit? i mean look at the first reply! you gotta make sure you come off as being bigger and tougher and more knowledgeable about everything? you're fucking skateboard snobs, thinking your shit is better than everyone else's, and its pathetic. just keep some shit to yourself, or worse, EVERYTHING to yourself...because nobody who really cares about skateboarding gives a fuck about what you have to say.

and to brent, the amarillo park was pretty good, it was a lot smaller than we had expected (not the shit to skate, just the parks size). the bigass bowl was fun as hell though, you could get a lot of speed to hit the fullpipe and i had never skated one before so i had a blast, and the two quarter pipes on the side of the full pipe were fun to. i dont think we went through lubbock, we took 287 all the way back to dallas, does that pass through lubbock?

brent

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 09:01:54 PM »
yeah the park is pretty good except i didnt like them hubbas, but yeah the bowl/full pipe is sick. and i have no idea if 287 passes through lubbock.

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 12:36:10 PM »
the majority of the people on this board are douche bags, its too overstated to be untrue. for the last time, this is not a montage of our roadtrip, this is not a video showing everything everyone can do at the parks, a few times i wanted to break out the camera and get a few things on film for fun to watch later, like right now...obviously im not talking about everyone when i say this, but honestly, why do you feel the need to shoot down everyone for the smallest things with the lamest shit? i mean look at the first reply! you gotta make sure you come off as being bigger and tougher and more knowledgeable about everything? you're fucking skateboard snobs, thinking your shit is better than everyone else's, and its pathetic. just keep some shit to yourself, or worse, EVERYTHING to yourself...because nobody who really cares about skateboarding gives a fuck about what you have to say.

i just felt the shockwave from dude's head exploding