Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 267292 times)

Choad Muskrat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #1620 on: July 25, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »
sick! looks amazing I'll dl it today

Jesus-Condom

« Reply #1621 on: July 25, 2011, 02:32:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this is pretty cool, check it out http://likebuttermag.com/
[close]

Heh, that site is too funny. The interviews especially are hilarious.

It's too bad most of the people who are hardcore into this game are more into the whole filming/editing aspect than getting creative with the tricks. I feel like there's so much of the hyper zoomed in cartoony thing, but not much in the way of interesting "skating."

Like, I think lots of the videos in this thread are way more interesting than most of the stuff that's featured on that site, which is all like, amazingly edited, but the tricks are mostly really basic.
[close]

Agreed that site is a joke I bet none of those kids go outside.

Whatever happened to these guys? I remember getting excited when they dropped new videos.
http://www.youtube.com/EASkateTV

Yeah these guys killed it, maybe they just didnt like skate 3.

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #1622 on: July 27, 2011, 07:14:35 AM »
Skate 2 is better than Skate 3.

True story.

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #1623 on: July 27, 2011, 11:46:45 PM »

True story.
You obviously haven't played skate 3 enough to appreciate how good it is. skate 3 map completely shits on skate 2.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1624 on: July 28, 2011, 02:33:06 AM »
Expand Quote

True story.
[close]
You obviously haven't played skate 3 enough to appreciate how good it is. skate 3 map completely shits on skate 2.

but in skate 3 the animation for no complys and blunt slides look completley fucked

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1625 on: July 28, 2011, 06:26:13 AM »
Expand Quote

True story.
[close]

Skate 2's map was miles better. Skate 3 got too Tony Hawk with it, I don't feel like I'm exploring a city anymore because they just stacked shit everywhere - just look at the parkade.

thugnificent

« Reply #1626 on: July 28, 2011, 07:00:33 AM »
skate 2 doesnt have hardcore more or create a park, therefore it cannot be better

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #1627 on: July 28, 2011, 01:14:19 PM »
skate 2 doesnt have hardcore more or create a park, therefore it cannot be better

This is true - Create a park was pretty dope... not to get too nerdy on you bitches but it only plays at <30 frames per second aka it looks choppy. This makes it worse cause you're used to over 60fps
My other gripe with the park editor is that it limits you too much. You cant put a rail there, you can put a ledge here. ALSO THERS NO FUCKING SMALL SETS OF STAIRS. the park editor is THPS3 is much better, and that shit was over 10 years ago.

Hardcore mode was also a nice addition in S3, but if you're sensitive with the stick in Skate 2 you can skate small stuff and still make it look good.

The world map in skate 3 is not that great... It's too open and not that fun. There are some great sections, but once you've played it for a while and go back, you realize that skate 2 is better.

bandini

« Reply #1628 on: July 28, 2011, 01:22:08 PM »
the park editor is THPS3 is much better, and that shit was over 10 years ago

You're high.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #1629 on: July 28, 2011, 01:36:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is true - Create a park was pretty dope... not to get too nerdy on you bitches but it only plays at <30 frames per second aka it looks choppy. This makes it worse cause you're used to over 60fps
My other gripe with the park editor is that it limits you too much. You cant put a rail there, you can put a ledge here. ALSO THERS NO FUCKING SMALL SETS OF STAIRS. the park editor is THPS3 is much better, and that shit was over 10 years ago.

Hardcore mode was also a nice addition in S3, but if you're sensitive with the stick in Skate 2 you can skate small stuff and still make it look good.

The world map in skate 3 is not that great... It's too open and not that fun. There are some great sections, but once you've played it for a while and go back, you realize that skate 2 is better.

Pretty accurate however...
WALKING IN SKATE 2 IS THE WORST

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1630 on: July 29, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »
after you beat skate 3 you keep yourself occupied by making solos and building parks, in skate 2 after you beat it, there's always something new to be found

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Reev

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1631 on: July 30, 2011, 09:55:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hell yeah, it also takes too long to get off the board in Skate 2, Skate 3 is so much more fluid.

On a side note, has anyone else been having issues with downloading graphics to the game from the skate website? It says they've been sent to the game but when I go to add the downloaded logo to a deck/shirt/whatever in the game, the 'team logos' don't update to the ones I've just downloaded.

BriDen

« Reply #1632 on: July 30, 2011, 11:44:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hell yeah, it also takes too long to get off the board in Skate 2, Skate 3 is so much more fluid.

On a side note, has anyone else been having issues with downloading graphics to the game from the skate website? It says they've been sent to the game but when I go to add the downloaded logo to a deck/shirt/whatever in the game, the 'team logos' don't update to the ones I've just downloaded.

Try clearing your cache and then going back to the game, you're probably not getting through to EA nation (even if it says you're connected).

The same goes to people who can't download parks, upload footage, etc.

Reev

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1633 on: July 30, 2011, 01:39:27 PM »
That worked a treat, nice one Briden.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1634 on: August 01, 2011, 09:19:37 PM »

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1635 on: August 03, 2011, 12:13:01 PM »
^ that was sick man! Liked the music and that lipslide over the bar  :o

that's how the game should be played. I end up doing a bit unrealistic/huge shit but I try to keep it simple like that. Working on a solo part now just have to finish editing a couple clips if EA Nation will let me .....

speaking of which...

Brian, how does one clear one's cache?

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1636 on: August 03, 2011, 12:30:33 PM »
Thanks, I just do things I wish I could, plus I threw on the OG style. Been watching a lot of Eastern Exposure 3.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1637 on: August 03, 2011, 12:55:44 PM »
I almost always played with OG style although lately I've been using normal.

Nothing beats a Mark Gonzalez kickflip.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1638 on: August 03, 2011, 01:00:25 PM »
I'm also guilty of trying to do Gonz flips. I didn't land one and a kid asked me if I didn't know how to kick flip. I laughed.

bandini

« Reply #1639 on: August 03, 2011, 01:12:33 PM »
Here's another minor addition to the video files... wasn't till I watched it all that I noticed how many fakie bigflips are in there, lol. And man, that Love park replica is super fun...

BriDen

« Reply #1640 on: August 03, 2011, 01:13:38 PM »
^ that was sick man! Liked the music and that lipslide over the bar  :o

that's how the game should be played. I end up doing a bit unrealistic/huge shit but I try to keep it simple like that. Working on a solo part now just have to finish editing a couple clips if EA Nation will let me .....

speaking of which...

Brian, how does one clear one's cache?

This sums it up quite nicely: http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-360/troubleshoot/hardware/clear-system-cache.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

Clear your cache, start up skate 3, then repeat the process if it doesn't work. I've always gotten to connect this way, even if it took a few tries.

Also, new (old) graphic

Link here

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1641 on: August 03, 2011, 01:24:59 PM »
Wow it worked! Ea nation wouldnt even connect for me before. Wish I would have known about this a looooonnng time ago haha. Thanks.

Easy cache clearing instructions:

Dashboard, settings blade, memory, select hd, press y, clear cache

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1642 on: August 04, 2011, 03:39:48 PM »
New shit

BriDen

« Reply #1643 on: August 04, 2011, 04:32:19 PM »
Fuck yeah that part was awesome! Kickflip crook in the line around the 2 minute mark was fantastic. 5050 to back lip looked awesome with the animation. No comply polejam line, two big ass red rails in a row, and nosegrind pop up around the pole were awesome. I'm not a big fan of droppable objects but that blue bar at the grass gap in Hawaii looked really sick.

apad88

« Reply #1644 on: August 04, 2011, 04:49:13 PM »
SKATE 3 owns Skate 2..... Nuff said

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1645 on: August 04, 2011, 04:58:25 PM »
Cool video, wheres 1:55? And banger was really tight.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1646 on: August 04, 2011, 06:03:35 PM »
Thanks dudes i opened up i tunes to pick a song and randomly saw that tune, kinda cheesy and dazed and confuseish, but it worked pretty well.

Trendy that spot is a create a park, im posting on my iphone so i cant find the link from skatereel but when i get back to my computer i'll hook it up you may need the filmer pack though.

matt.

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1647 on: August 04, 2011, 06:07:20 PM »
has anyone had the problem of their vids not appearing on the skate site? like in the game it says they're uploaded but on the site there's nothing.
 ???

thugnificent

« Reply #1648 on: August 04, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »
all those created parks were real nice

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1649 on: August 04, 2011, 09:42:30 PM »
Thanks dudes i opened up i tunes to pick a song and randomly saw that tune, kinda cheesy and dazed and confuseish, but it worked pretty well.

Trendy that spot is a create a park, im posting on my iphone so i cant find the link from skatereel but when i get back to my computer i'll hook it up you may need the filmer pack though.
Alright thanks, it'll be a while till I play again. Need to buy an xbox.

Reposting this because I hated the shit quality from Vimeo:

and then my skate youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/EasternFronts