Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 266619 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 10:23:40 AM »
catching tricks would be a good addition to the game and having that balanced with something like trick confidence were if you catch tricks wrong and eat shit they'll be harder to catch the next time.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 10:28:50 AM »
It went downhill after the first game
Yes the second one wasn't as cool as the first, but that's pretty much a given. Softmore slump happens to the best of 'em.

This one looks rad though. The new city looks fucking awesome, and the hardcore mode sounds like it's going to be pretty gnar. Other than that, they really didn't fuck with too many other things. Except they did add the create-a-park deal. That sounds pretty cool too.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

thugnificent

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 10:40:03 AM »
get real if you think thrasher is a better game than skate. that game sucks, you only like it because of nostalgia, fact.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 10:41:16 AM »
Wait who's in the game? Thank god nyjah was in a tony hawk game
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 10:47:20 AM »
Wait who's in the game? Thank god nyjah was in a tony hawk game

I assuming a lot of the old riders from Skate 2 with the addition of Reynolds, Fairfax, Drehobal, Brezinski and probably more announced as the game comes out.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 10:52:35 AM »
get real if you think thrasher is a better game than skate. that game sucks, you only like it because of nostalgia, fact.

haha that game does not suck it has at least real spots has pretty much all the tricks that sakte has and has a better control system. the graphics and engine are just not as smooth (actually the graphics for thrasher sucked dick they should have tried to make them a bit simpler). and i didnt say it was better i just said it was ahead of its time by like 15 years. thugnificent that is the gayest fucking name ever id rather have my name as fucking dildo chode cleanup crew, dick monger
ONTARIO CANADA

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck it
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 11:12:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha that game does not suck it has at least real spots has pretty much all the tricks that sakte has and has a better control system. the graphics and engine are just not as smooth (actually the graphics for thrasher sucked dick they should have tried to make them a bit simpler). and i didnt say it was better i just said it was ahead of its time by like 15 years. thugnificent that is the gayest fucking name ever id rather have my name as fucking dildo chode cleanup crew, dick monger
Yes it did. If it didn't suck it would have sold a billion dollars worth, but it didn't... Why do you need real spots in a video game dude? The make-believe shit they put in there was good as any real spot they could have put in the game. I hardly ever go to the EMB replica because it's so  boring.

Thrasher may have been ahead of it's time but that doesn't mean that it was a good game. Sometimes, when you're too far ahead of the curve, it's no good, not because people aren't ready for it, they just don't like the finished product.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 11:33:47 AM »
I'm looking forward to hardcore mode.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »
yeah, reynolds shouldn't have white shoes

tonysean

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2010, 12:13:03 PM »
still waiting for the grand theft auto / skate hybrid

same that would be so rad. you could just murder people and do tricks over they're bodies.

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »
i hope they put weird japan style spots in it. hardcore mode sounds cool we'll see if its fun. please no steve berra or the berrics.

thugnificent

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 12:25:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

eat a dick you make ontario look bad

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 12:31:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yes it did. If it didn't suck it would have sold a billion dollars worth, but it didn't... Why do you need real spots in a video game dude? The make-believe shit they put in there was good as any real spot they could have put in the game. I hardly ever go to the EMB replica because it's so  boring.

Thrasher may have been ahead of it's time but that doesn't mean that it was a good game. Sometimes, when you're too far ahead of the curve, it's no good, not because people aren't ready for it, they just don't like the finished product.

no, it was a fucking amazing game, i must have logged equal amount on that game to final fantasy 7. replay value was endless. you want to know the real truth, it is because the game was released at a time when user-interaction in games was so much lower than it is nowadays. there was no such thing as mmorpgs yet really, jsut diablo. once all this online shit blew up, shit has been ridiculous. it is so much harder to find games nowadays that you can just jump into and shut off if you need to.

that is the problem with games nowadays. you have to log like 10,000 hours on the game before its even fun. now you can say this was a problem with the thrasher game, but if you are a true skateboarder you can find appreciation in a game like this, where as if you didnt skate, i cna see it pretty hard to be fun.

you are also comapring completely different time periods of skating. like fucking no body skated back then, less than 1,000,000 skateboarders in america. now therre has to be at least 10,000,000. so many more companies and videos and teams too. so yes i can see the value in sakte 3 as it will be an easy game to hop into and turn off at any given time, however it will never compare to something that you have to "get into" like thrasher. the truth is you probablty sucked at the game and you didnt want to spend the time learning it. skate is nice and easy and dumbed down so its good for today's skater. back then the average skater was much more intellectual and unique and didnt have jock mentality like today.

i am a true gamer i can appreciate both kinds of games but i just find that todays game takes TOO MUCH time to get into, i mean thats awesome if you are 12 and you dont have a job and all you do is play games, then its great, but for me i really dont have time for that stuff anymore, so i mostly just play older games. so that is why i really do enjoy the skate games they dont take too much to learn.

thrasher and ff7 came out when i was like 14 and still pretty up on games so i had a lot more patience back then to learn the complexities of these games where most people would have brushed those titles off and picked up a shitty game like loaded or tomb raider cause they had cool box art or good graphics. but i think those games had such a greater understanding of the balance that i speak of; they took some user learning to get used to, but werent completely life-devouring either.

you go and play COD now, if you havent bene playing since launch you will jsut get destroyed cause everyone is just amazing. its kind of lame, they try and do too much with games.
ONTARIO CANADA

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 12:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

eat a dick you make ontario look bad

how do I make ontario look bad

if anything i make it look better with my good skating, you just make it look shittier with your gay gold grill and tall t , tea baggin ur cousin
ONTARIO CANADA

Rihardslol

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 12:52:50 PM »
I really don't want to spend my money on videogames anymore, but this is a need. I bought xbox 360 only for skate, I was so hooked with it ha. Since then I've only bought skate 2 and now probably skate 3

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck it
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 01:05:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

no, it was a fucking amazing game, i must have logged equal amount on that game to final fantasy 7. replay value was endless. you want to know the real truth, it is because the game was released at a time when user-interaction in games was so much lower than it is nowadays. there was no such thing as mmorpgs yet really, jsut diablo. once all this online shit blew up, shit has been ridiculous. it is so much harder to find games nowadays that you can just jump into and shut off if you need to.

that is the problem with games nowadays. you have to log like 10,000 hours on the game before its even fun. now you can say this was a problem with the thrasher game, but if you are a true skateboarder you can find appreciation in a game like this, where as if you didnt skate, i cna see it pretty hard to be fun.

you are also comapring completely different time periods of skating. like fucking no body skated back then, less than 1,000,000 skateboarders in america. now therre has to be at least 10,000,000. so many more companies and videos and teams too. so yes i can see the value in sakte 3 as it will be an easy game to hop into and turn off at any given time, however it will never compare to something that you have to "get into" like thrasher. the truth is you probablty sucked at the game and you didnt want to spend the time learning it. skate is nice and easy and dumbed down so its good for today's skater. back then the average skater was much more intellectual and unique and didnt have jock mentality like today.

i am a true gamer i can appreciate both kinds of games but i just find that todays game takes TOO MUCH time to get into, i mean thats awesome if you are 12 and you dont have a job and all you do is play games, then its great, but for me i really dont have time for that stuff anymore, so i mostly just play older games. so that is why i really do enjoy the skate games they dont take too much to learn.

thrasher and ff7 came out when i was like 14 and still pretty up on games so i had a lot more patience back then to learn the complexities of these games where most people would have brushed those titles off and picked up a shitty game like loaded or tomb raider cause they had cool box art or good graphics. but i think those games had such a greater understanding of the balance that i speak of; they took some user learning to get used to, but werent completely life-devouring either.

you go and play COD now, if you havent bene playing since launch you will jsut get destroyed cause everyone is just amazing. its kind of lame, they try and do too much with games.
Everyone's got their own opinion and I played enough of the Thrasher game to know it didn't float my boat. Anyway the whole hardcore mode on this one might be getting closer to what Thrasher had, but I don't know that it's going to be the end all, we'll just have to see.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2010, 01:20:33 PM »

endless fun

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2010, 01:48:27 PM »
haha theyre so serious about those z's. zkate 3 is gonna suck, ill stick to the first one
FREE MAX B

sirfinbar

• Rep: -3
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2010, 02:44:18 PM »
"Sophomore Slump"

Softmore? haha.

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2010, 02:51:38 PM »
I've been hoping for the Andrew Reynolds addition since the first one. As dumb as his shoes look, at least now there's a regular-footed street skater in the game that I will enjoy playing as.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck it
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2010, 03:30:42 PM »
"Sophomore Slump"

Softmore? haha.
Thanks, I was spacing out as I typed. I guess the wordplay sort of applies?

^^^
You think those shoes look dumb in the game? Check this out.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:32:41 PM by Pavementi »

swaggnificent

• Rep: -7
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2010, 04:15:02 PM »
thugnificent that is the TIGHTEST fucking name ever

Oni0nbelt

• Rep: 3
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2010, 05:59:28 PM »
Thrasher was an amazing game for its time. It was the best skating game ever made until the first Skate came out.

Hardcore mode sounds great. Exactly what I wanted.

S.F.A.

• Rep: 17
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 06:29:02 PM »
kalis is in it too.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 07:31:03 PM »
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

thugnificent

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2010, 10:33:03 PM »

in another thread on skate 3 you said you couldn't even turn both ways out of noseslides in skate. so, if we apply your logic that since you sucked at the game and didnt apply time learning it, it is safe to assume thats why you dont like it. learning to play thrasher is way easier than learning to play skate. obviously this is true because you seem to be pretty upset you can't figure it out so you stick to a shittier game because you already know how to play it

Steve French

• Rep: -9
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2010, 11:51:56 PM »
Ye definitley alot of people afraid of change.  And i cant see there being 10 million skaters in america seeing as the population is rouglhy over 300 million.  I dont think 1 in 30 people skate

warhead

• Rep: 6
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 01:43:18 AM »
http://skate.ea.com/blog.action?blogId=lizardkingwelcome-20100218020755638.xml

Mucho Passion......
Disclaimer: This clip is not, I repeat IS NOT done in hardcore mode. Why? Well, I usually give myself a couple of hours to get the line I want, and when I hit the 3 hour mark today and STILL didn't have my line, I had to switch back to normal mode before there were any controllers casualties. Hardcore mode contains the word "hard" for a reason, and sometimes it lives up to its name.
Sounds promising.

jildo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • my blog? avatar image
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 06:55:52 AM »
My favorite thing so far about Skate 3 is that I can now afford Skate 2.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 08:19:57 AM »
My favorite thing so far about Skate 3 is that I can now afford Skate 2.
If you have Skate 1 don't bother, Skate 2 really isn't the greatest unless you get it for $20 or under.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.