Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 266609 times)

CaptainMorganFreeman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
    • proskates.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2010, 08:29:42 AM »
Expand Quote
My favorite thing so far about Skate 3 is that I can now afford Skate 2.
[close]
If you have Skate 1 don't bother, Skate 2 really isn't the greatest unless you get it for $20 or under.

i feel like i'm gonna barf when i play the first one these days, all you guys saying that the second one wasn't an improvement must suck shit at this game.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2010, 08:44:26 AM »
It's not that I suck at the second one, I just think the spots are suck and too much time was spent on making it look flashy.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

thugnificent

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2010, 09:11:52 AM »
I've been playing both skate 1 and skate 2 exclusively since they both came out. They are both sick, and I do like the graphics better in the first one, but the 2nd is definitely better. The replay editor and load time between spot markers in the first one just kills freeskate for me.

jacquesknife

• Rep: -29
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2010, 09:21:20 AM »
The hardcore mode sounds interesting. I remember Tony Hawk 2 had some (semi)realistic physics cheat code. Used to play with that on for hours on end.
Can't believe how much that series went to shit

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2010, 09:33:26 AM »
skate 2 is worse than skate 1 big time such terrible spots
ONTARIO CANADA

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2010, 09:39:05 AM »
It's not that I suck at the second one, I just think the spots are suck and too much time was spent on making it look flashy.
Yeah the sports are sort of weak and I don't get why they have so many kinked rails and the hall of meat thing is shitty too.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2010, 09:42:53 AM »
dont you guys get sick of these games?
ONTARIO CANADA

jildo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • my blog? avatar image
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2010, 09:47:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My favorite thing so far about Skate 3 is that I can now afford Skate 2.
[close]
If you have Skate 1 don't bother, Skate 2 really isn't the greatest unless you get it for $20 or under.
[close]

i feel like i'm gonna barf when i play the first one these days, all you guys saying that the second one wasn't an improvement must suck shit at this game.
Yeah, I rented the second one when it first came out and just didn't like it as much. But, the other day I was walking around K-mart for some unknown reason and saw the second one is down to $14.00. I liked it enough to pay that.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2010, 09:56:14 AM »
as long as i get a completely new map i don't care what is done

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2010, 10:12:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah the sports are sort of weak and I don't get why they have so many kinked rails and the hall of meat thing is shitty too.
The kinks are to give the skater enough time to rotate back to normal or to fakie out of board/lipslides without having to ollie out of every single handrail. Otherwise you just get slammed sideways into the ground. That's the same reason why so many of the rails are mellow rather than steep rails.

Too difficult/expensive to completely redo the physics of the game. Every trick animation would need to be rebuilt because you'd be in the air for less time, and if they just sped the animations up you'd probably just look like you're on fast forward.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

thugnificent

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2010, 11:17:50 AM »

no. i've been playing them almost every day since they came out, there is always something new to figure out

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2010, 11:35:40 AM »
A lot of the time the kinks totally throw the grind out of whack.

ctsskate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2010, 12:34:07 PM »
Lizard added to the roster for Skate 3...

http://skate.ea.com/blog.action?blogId=lizardkingwelcome-20100218020755638.xml

Not like who you play as really matters, but I'm still psyched he's in the lineup.

edit: my bad, didn't see that this had been posted on page 2- disregard.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:36:00 PM by ctsskate »

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »
lizard looks good, i'd play as him if he were regular

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2010, 02:51:47 PM »
Is there a list out of who is gonna be in the game?

thugnificent

« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2010, 04:02:46 PM »
not everyone has been announced yet

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2010, 05:47:48 PM »
you can't its a video game..
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2010, 08:12:34 PM »
i'd like to see some more bakerboys too like ellington and herman in this... herms hardflip would be a nice sig move...

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
It's nawt Tony Hawk's, no sig moves.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2010, 04:24:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
The kinks are to give the skater enough time to rotate back to normal or to fakie out of board/lipslides without having to ollie out of every single handrail. Otherwise you just get slammed sideways into the ground. That's the same reason why so many of the rails are mellow rather than steep rails.

Too difficult/expensive to completely redo the physics of the game. Every trick animation would need to be rebuilt because you'd be in the air for less time, and if they just sped the animations up you'd probably just look like you're on fast forward.

You are a fucking idiot and every time I want to know the answer to something I will just take the opposite of what you say to be true.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck it
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2010, 01:40:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
The kinks (at the bottom of the rails) are to give the skater enough time to rotate back to normal or to fakie out of board/lipslides without having to ollie out of every single handrail. Otherwise you just get slammed sideways into the ground. That's the same reason why so many of the rails are mellow rather than steep rails.

[close]

You are a fucking idiot and every time I want to know the answer to something I will just take the opposite of what you say to be true.
What the fuck are you talking about? You asked why there are so many kinked rails, and I gave you a logical answer. I assumed you meant rails with kinks at the bottom of the rail, which there are an abundance of. If you meant "why are there so many double or triple kinked rails", I'm sorry you didn't know how to ask your question more accurately.

So what was it about my statement that was so blatantly ignorant? Please break it down for me so I can see the error in my thinking.

BTW, fuck you.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2010, 02:52:01 PM »
can't wait to pair some white widow with some skate 3

Rampfoot

• Rep: 21
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2010, 06:17:09 PM »
can't wait to pair some white widow with some skate 3
Can't fucking wait.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2010, 09:23:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
The kinks (at the bottom of the rails) are to give the skater enough time to rotate back to normal or to fakie out of board/lipslides without having to ollie out of every single handrail. Otherwise you just get slammed sideways into the ground. That's the same reason why so many of the rails are mellow rather than steep rails.

[close]

[close]
What the fuck are you talking about? You asked why there are so many kinked rails, and I gave you a logical answer. I assumed you meant rails with kinks at the bottom of the rail, which there are an abundance of. If you meant "why are there so many double or triple kinked rails", I'm sorry you didn't know how to ask your question more accurately.

So what was it about my statement that was so blatantly ignorant? Please break it down for me so I can see the error in my thinking.

BTW, fuck you.

I have bolded the part I was talking about.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck it
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2010, 10:42:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

BTW, fuck you.
[close]

I have bolded the part I was talking about.
SOOOOOO, if they take out the kinks at the bottom of all the rails they'll also need to change the physics engine that runs the game, in order to allow you to enough time to turn out of board/lipslides. ANNNNNNDDD, to change the physics of the game means reworking all the animations, because if you were to just speed up the existing animations, you'd look like you were on fast forward or slowmo, depending on how they fucked with their physics, i.e. more floaty or less floaty.

Got it now?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2010, 05:24:40 AM »
Ok someone else bolded the kinked rails bit and I forgot to to take it out, I could care less.

IN REGARDS TO YOUR OTHER FAGGOTRY;

1. It is not too expensive to ad this mode, because it is going to be in the game. So nyeh nyeh nyeh.

2. YOU CAN ALREADY POP LOWER TRICKS IN THE GAME. ALL THEY HAVE TO FUCKING DO IS MAKE IT SO YOU CAN'T POP AS HIGH YOU FUCKING DOLT

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck it
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2010, 11:19:42 PM »
Ok someone else bolded the kinked rails bit and I forgot to to take it out, I could care less.

IN REGARDS TO YOUR OTHER FAGGOTRY;

1. It is not too expensive to ad this mode, because it is going to be in the game. So nyeh nyeh nyeh.

2. YOU CAN ALREADY POP LOWER TRICKS IN THE GAME. ALL THEY HAVE TO FUCKING DO IS MAKE IT SO YOU CAN'T POP AS HIGH YOU FUCKING DOLT
You fucking pinhead, I was the one bolding the kinked rails part because that's WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT. What the fuck are you talking about?

As for the new hardcore mode that's in the game, they're not changing the physics of the game (too expensive), they're changing how you control the skater. You can ollie just as high off of flat, you just have to move the joystick faster to ollie higher. The new hardcore mode won't let you pop as high ollieiing out of grinds or slides, but that doesn't mean it's not going to be just as floaty when you drop off a rail.

Regardless of all that, who was talking about how high you can pop anyway? Not once did I mention anything about how high your character can pop, so where the fuck did you get that from you fucking Mental Midget? Before you go around trying to insult anyone else's intelligence, it might do you some good to read carefully through the string of quotes you're going to get stupid on. Derrrrrrrrrrppppp...

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2010, 01:48:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
THIS RIGHT HERE

See what I have bolded? When you punctuate something like that, it gives the impression that you are changing the subject. In that new paragraph, when you started talking about being in the air for less time, I assumed you were talking about the pop in the new hardcore mode and how the mode wouldn't be feasable because of the animations.

drunk

• Rep: 59
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2010, 04:58:45 AM »
i'm super fucking high on heroin
formerly toonie

cardboard cutout

• Rep: -17
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2010, 08:50:23 AM »
Pavementi, please stop getting so butthurt over a video game. No matter how right you think you are/may actually be, you still look like a douche. Just let it go homie.

I wasn't feeling Skate 2, but I'm buying Skate 3 the day it comes out solely for hardcore mode. And Drehobl, too. Anyone know when to expect the demo?