Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 266653 times)

Pavementi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2010, 02:10:51 PM »
Pavementi, please stop getting so butthurt over a video game. No matter how right you think you are/may actually be, you still look like a douche. Just let it go homie.

I wasn't feeling Skate 2, but I'm buying Skate 3 the day it comes out solely for hardcore mode. And Drehobl, too. Anyone know when to expect the demo?
Fair enough, I was just trying to figure out why Pegleg was so bent out of shape at what I said. It was my fault for getting pissed off about being shit upon for no apparent reason, but this is the Slap Forum and I know not to expect anything less. My bad.

From what I've heard, there may not be a demo, so we'll just have to wait and see. The last ones have come out a week before the game came out, so at the earliest I wouldn't expect it until mid-May.

Sorry for the bump.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »
Skate 2 Demo sucked, so I'm ok without one.

I'm getting this game for sure. It's going to be weird using a PS3 controller after having a 360 for the last 2 games.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2010, 03:55:06 PM »
Wait, is this only coming out for the ps3?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2010, 03:57:24 PM »
hell no.

they love the 360 even though the ps3 was supposed to be the leading platform for 2. and that one still sucked pretty bad compared to the 360 version.

LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2010, 04:44:11 PM »
hell no.

they love the 360 even though the ps3 was supposed to be the leading platform for 2. and that one still sucked pretty bad compared to the 360 version.

hopefully by now they've figured out how to code for the PS3 better. It's shitty how some developers don't even try. (I'm talking about YOU, Bayonetta!)

ster

• Rep: -13
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2010, 11:01:47 PM »
Expand Quote
hell no.

[close]

hopefully by now they've figured out how to code for the PS3 better. It's shitty how some developers don't even try. (I'm talking about YOU, Bayonetta!)
its a shame how bayonetta ran on the ps3, such a good game too

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2010, 10:16:41 AM »
you guys have a terrible taste in video games. for the record grand theft auto has always been shit.
ONTARIO CANADA

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2010, 11:07:36 AM »
you guys have a terrible taste in video games. for the record grand theft auto has always been shit.

well your points are all invalid now... you like final fantasy and not GTA

Gorilla Flip

• Rep: -4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2010, 11:41:38 AM »

What does this post have to do with anything other than you being a jackass?

ster

• Rep: -13
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2010, 12:00:25 PM »
skate 2 is on sale for $20 at best buy

should i just finally buy it

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2010, 12:19:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

deus ex > any fps to come out ever. and that game came out in like 02 or some shit.

my brother has the worst taste in games now. he plays basically any game to come out for 360 its disheartening. he is 28 he must have like top 100 for gamerscore achievement points.

that bayonetta game looks terrible and he is on it like 90. he got this game with jack black, wow what a piece of shit that game is. i cant even find a reason to purchase any new system, every game sucks so bad. fallout 3 looks good but doesnt seem like its any better than deus ex other than the combat system is a little nicer. street fighter 4 what a let down, sure i love the shit out of it, but definitley not worth my buying a new system for. skate 1 2 and 3, all shit, really havent done much since thrasher, except in thrasher the spots are like 100x nicer. all sports games are the same tiger woods hasnt made any major chnages to the game its basicalyl the same thing.

if you cant see that games are shit nowadays you are only kidding yourself. every game is a FPS now, i cant even take an FPS seriously anymore. portal is the last game to come out with any sort of innovation to the art.

thats why the only system i have is a DS. there is actually a ton of innovation going on in that system and there are about a trillion more titles that are worth buying, plus all the old gameboy advance games. RPGs nowadays have taken a giant fucking afterbirth of dick. they all have the worst fucking voice acting ever; what are they thinking? if you have to hire 1000 different voices for a game then dont fuckign do it, you are going to blow your budget on that bullshit and the voices are annoying and sound liek shit.

games were so good in the late 90s... lucasarts RPGs for PC, plus all their other games like tie figter (flight sims still suck aside from the few star wars games that lucasarts put out), jedi knight, you had ff7 and ps1 with a ton of good games to back it up like resident evils, syphon filter, metal gear, and snes emulation was wide spead you could download any game that just a few years ago would have been too much money to play every game... so i got to go back and beat metroid, earthbound, etc.  you also had N64 which had good arcade style shits and very simple, but well-working graphics like goldeneye, mario kart, wayne gretzky 3d hockey, etc. you also had shit like the sims coming out, you had good RTS like starcraft running online shit, plus thrasher for ps...

the problem nowadays is everything is so high budget. soundtracks, voice actors, all this shit has taken a different direction. people just buy engines now from half life producers valve and slap on new graphics and pay a marketing firm and everyone takes a shit. that new red faction game fucking sucked. wow. have you guys ever played ico for ps2? might have only been japanese. that gmae was sweet unlike any other game i had ever played. or what about okami for ps2 / wii? thats some fucking new shit right there. fuck id play fucking katamari over half the titles that have been put out for 360/ps3. yall dumb if you think im wrong. games suck now. ff13 ftw or else i will sepuku.
ONTARIO CANADA

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2010, 12:56:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
my brother
There's two of you?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2010, 01:01:14 PM »
nfl2k5

Gorilla Flip

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »
What the fuck man? WHAT THE FUCK??

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2010, 07:49:51 PM »
is it to late to get in on this skate1 is better then skate2 argument?

Skate 1 did have a better city, and a better map system.  But that's about all that was better

Skate 2 looks nicer, lets you GET OFF YOUR BOARD which is nice, has the moveable objects and lets edit replays to make fun little video parts to help fill the void in some of us old guys lives who can't get out there and film real video parts anymore.   

aka, it lets us nerd out and make things like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoA1bqHrNN0

anyways, skate 3 looks super sweet and fun!  hooray!

bandini

« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2010, 10:59:42 PM »
I just picked up Skate 2 in the 19.99 bin, after playing Skate 1 for a few months. Already I can tell #1 is going to be retired. Skate 2 is fucking amazing, and most of the cool spots from the first game are in it anyway.

I'm a little late to the whole video games thing, but since I sprained my ankle again I've been logging an embarrassing amount of time with the Xbox360...

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2010, 04:01:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

deus ex > any fps to come out ever. and that game came out in like 02 or some shit.

my brother has the worst taste in games now. he plays basically any game to come out for 360 its disheartening. he is 28 he must have like top 100 for gamerscore achievement points.

that bayonetta game looks terrible and he is on it like 90. he got this game with jack black, wow what a piece of shit that game is. i cant even find a reason to purchase any new system, every game sucks so bad. fallout 3 looks good but doesnt seem like its any better than deus ex other than the combat system is a little nicer. street fighter 4 what a let down, sure i love the shit out of it, but definitley not worth my buying a new system for. skate 1 2 and 3, all shit, really havent done much since thrasher, except in thrasher the spots are like 100x nicer. all sports games are the same tiger woods hasnt made any major chnages to the game its basicalyl the same thing.

if you cant see that games are shit nowadays you are only kidding yourself. every game is a FPS now, i cant even take an FPS seriously anymore. portal is the last game to come out with any sort of innovation to the art.

thats why the only system i have is a DS. there is actually a ton of innovation going on in that system and there are about a trillion more titles that are worth buying, plus all the old gameboy advance games. RPGs nowadays have taken a giant fucking afterbirth of dick. they all have the worst fucking voice acting ever; what are they thinking? if you have to hire 1000 different voices for a game then dont fuckign do it, you are going to blow your budget on that bullshit and the voices are annoying and sound liek shit.

games were so good in the late 90s... lucasarts RPGs for PC, plus all their other games like tie figter (flight sims still suck aside from the few star wars games that lucasarts put out), jedi knight, you had ff7 and ps1 with a ton of good games to back it up like resident evils, syphon filter, metal gear, and snes emulation was wide spead you could download any game that just a few years ago would have been too much money to play every game... so i got to go back and beat metroid, earthbound, etc.  you also had N64 which had good arcade style shits and very simple, but well-working graphics like goldeneye, mario kart, wayne gretzky 3d hockey, etc. you also had shit like the sims coming out, you had good RTS like starcraft running online shit, plus thrasher for ps...

the problem nowadays is everything is so high budget. soundtracks, voice actors, all this shit has taken a different direction. people just buy engines now from half life producers valve and slap on new graphics and pay a marketing firm and everyone takes a shit. that new red faction game fucking sucked. wow. have you guys ever played ico for ps2? might have only been japanese. that gmae was sweet unlike any other game i had ever played. or what about okami for ps2 / wii? thats some fucking new shit right there. fuck id play fucking katamari over half the titles that have been put out for 360/ps3. yall dumb if you think im wrong. games suck now. ff13 ftw or else i will sepuku.

the realest talk. no sarcasm.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2010, 05:26:33 AM »
After skate 3 they will probably realize that 90% of the core players play on hardcore, and hopefully go back to a more realistic approach because at the moment, Skate 2 (and probably Skate 3) is just as arcade as the THPS games (atleast the early ones).

I think that Skate 3 will sell less than Skate and Skate 2, because the casual gamer doesn't care for another game, they already got 2 Skate games, why would they want another game which is 95% similar to the first 2?

IMO they should have revamped the entire game. They can keep the flickit, but I am getting so tired of the same animations, same mistakes and same fucking annoying NPC talking to you. And Cuz should be removed from the game, end of story.

Did you catch the Giant Bomb interview with Dan Drehobl? Best interview EVER, so much negative PR is hard to get.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2010, 05:45:00 AM »
why dont you just buy a fucking tech deck instead of this game you would get more enjoyment. i dont see how skate 3 is going to be any better than the first 2. the way you do the tricks is exactly the same, are you really going to get that psyched on seeing the guy on the game do the trick?

i have battled for 30+ minutes on a single trick on skate before like hardflip bs tail bigspin out on a certain ledge or trying nollie 360 flip to crook on the hubba hideout and in the end it was not a very rewarding feeling to watch the replay in slow mo fully flared edit i can tell you that much. now sticking a perfect kickflip 5050 on a tech deck that is something to blog about to all your homebwayes.
ONTARIO CANADA

Brian Dennehy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »
skate 2 was definitely an improvement, but i feel like they wasted over half the map with those downhill spots that people only skated to complete challenges.

found some recent skate 3 footage...can't wait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwKtKaeKkIw

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2010, 09:27:17 PM »
They should film people who don't suck ass at the game.

UNDERFLIP DARKSLIDE UNDERFLIP UNDERFLIP STIFFY

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2010, 10:33:01 PM »
Check the name of the first grind he does in the video.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2010, 10:35:39 PM »
They should fix the half cab & nollie tricks in this game.

Like when u do a nollie back 180 it says nollie front 180 & or something like that
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2010, 10:48:31 PM »

Like when u do a nollie back 180 it says nollie front 180 & or something like that

turn off the thing that shows what trick it is and how many points it's worth.
that's what i did.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2010, 10:57:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

turn off the thing that shows what trick it is and how many points it's worth.
that's what i did.

yeah the HUD
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2010, 11:11:05 PM »
And when he's going down the stairsets, the half-cab's labeled a nollie 180. It's not out until the end of May, so they have plenty of time to fix it. I hope.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Gorilla Flip

« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2010, 02:24:46 AM »
Waiting for the footage on HC mode... shit looks like Tony Hawk all over again.

Thanks for the clip anyway, Chris Haslam confirmed for the game.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2010, 02:37:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
And when he's going down the stairsets, the half-cab's labeled a nollie 180. It's not out until the end of May, so they have plenty of time to fix it. I hope.

Yeah, and switching off the HUD is a good idea. I haven't owned either of the previous games myself so that never occured to me before. But I'm going to buy me a PS3 as a graduation present this spring/summer and game the shit out of this third one.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

theotits beezy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2010, 02:38:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

and when you pop something switch it's labeled as a nollie. i don't get how they could mess it up when it was correct in skate 2.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2010, 05:06:30 AM »
oh thats another thing that sucks about that game. when you do a 180 trick and you land and you try to do a trick right away it flips the directional on you, thats fucking gay. you can go on the opposite side of the d pad and it labels the trick all wrong and it looks like your guy is rolling forward doing a fakie trick. fuck this game sucks so bad i dont know why you guys like it so much. i dont know why i keep clikcing this thread. and yeah the naming of tricks is jst plain wrong for that game but that is something i can over look cause i dont give a shit. its the actual playability of the game is what i dont like.
ONTARIO CANADA