Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 266938 times)

Gorilla Flip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2010, 08:32:52 AM »

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2010, 10:01:11 AM »
oh thats another thing that sucks about that game. when you do a 180 trick and you land and you try to do a trick right away it flips the directional on you, thats fucking gay. you can go on the opposite side of the d pad and it labels the trick all wrong and it looks like your guy is rolling forward doing a fakie trick. fuck this game sucks so bad i dont know why you guys like it so much. i dont know why i keep clikcing this thread. and yeah the naming of tricks is jst plain wrong for that game but that is something i can over look cause i dont give a shit. its the actual playability of the game is what i dont like.
We probably don't give as big a fuck as you do. Good for you and your perfectionist ways, they'll come in handy somewhere.

The reason why we like it? Because it's fun and what you're stressing over isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Think about this, skaters can't even agree on what to call tricks in real life (i.e. Matt Bennett fakie to backside tailslide or switch front nose thread), so how are you going to get all bent out of shape when your XBox can't figure it out?

The game has issues that really don't matter, especially when you take in everything they've done as a whole. Skate probably comes the closest to actually connecting how skating feels and a video game.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2010, 11:09:41 AM »
nah the point im trying to make is the game is shit and is 1% of what the feeling of skating is and you have a terrible taste in video games because you are new to them and you have a simple mind. oh yeah and this game trilogy fucking sucks a giant reindeer dildo

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2010, 11:14:08 AM »
i like when i do a 180 and everything flips so i can do a switch trick that actually looks switch

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck it
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2010, 11:28:02 AM »
nah the point im trying to make is the game is shit and is 1% of what the feeling of skating is and you have a terrible taste in video games because you are new to them and you have a simple mind. oh yeah and this game trilogy fucking sucks a giant reindeer dildo
Nah, you have terrible taste and the game is just fine.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Gorilla Flip

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2010, 11:29:34 AM »

Who the fuck you are to judge other people? Why the fuck are you here, you belong in a HC videogame forum. Fuck off kid, you're the biggest douche I've ever seen online. Ignoring

If you're trolling, congrats you've succeeded.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2010, 11:30:03 AM »
haha yes

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2010, 11:56:32 AM »
I hope they'll let you do bs bonelesses on tranny. Like when you do a judo nosegrabs, but be able to plant on the lip.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck it
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2010, 12:00:07 PM »

theotits beezy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2010, 12:02:49 PM »
oh thats another thing that sucks about that game. when you do a 180 trick and you land and you try to do a trick right away it flips the directional on you, thats fucking gay. you can go on the opposite side of the d pad and it labels the trick all wrong and it looks like your guy is rolling forward doing a fakie trick.

the game's meant to do that so you have the feeling of doing the trick switch.

theotits beezy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2010, 12:06:58 PM »
Fuck skate 3 now, I'm getting this instead.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/702786/Mike-V-Do-or-Die-Brings-Arcade-Skating-to-the-iPhoneiPod-Touch.html

"Not only do you get to play as pro skater Mike Vallely, but you can follow his entire career, customize his avatar, and even drive around in his '77 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird."

not one, not two, not three, but 4 failed selling points that make me not wanna buy that game.

ed...

• Rep: 57
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2010, 01:32:45 PM »
I'm playing Skate and Destroy for the first time ever, fuck this game is hard after playing THPS for years. Just spent about half an hour trying to do a pupecki grind.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck it
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2010, 01:35:59 PM »
I'm playing Skate and Destroy for the first time ever, fuck this game is hard after playing THPS for years. Just spent about half an hour trying to do a pupecki grind.
WTF is a pupecki grind? Lipslide to 5-0?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2010, 05:27:51 PM »
That game was so dope. Still the toughest of them. I remember at one point being all about doing nollieflip back 5-0 frontside 180 out like Mike Carroll in modus. It was so damn hard, looked all choppy and dumb when I did it, and got me hyped. I also loved how in that game ollieing like 10 stairs was kinda hard.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ed...

• Rep: 57
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2010, 11:42:51 PM »
yeah nollie flips onto ledges seem almost impossible, just because the trick animation takes so long.

Pavementi, Pupecki grind is bs 180 fakie 5-0

spare change

« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2010, 12:10:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That game was so dope. Still the toughest of them. I remember at one point being all about doing nollieflip back 5-0 frontside 180 out like Mike Carroll in modus. It was so damn hard, looked all choppy and dumb when I did it, and got me hyped. I also loved how in that game ollieing like 10 stairs was kinda hard.
On the china banks level there is this ledge that runs into a wall and i had endless lines to it where you had to time a flip trick perfectly to make it over it.I loved that game so much,getting hit by the lame subway,nollies looked dope.I always wondered if the ramp hidden in the building in sf hills was supposed to  be phelps ramp the widowmaker.

Gorilla Flip

« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2010, 01:17:56 AM »
I'm probably gonna buy Skate and Destroy from ebay for $11... Can't believe I sold that game as a kid

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck it
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2010, 01:45:39 AM »
yeah nollie flips onto ledges seem almost impossible, just because the trick animation takes so long.

Duh, I should have known that. BTW, Kalis is in Skate 3.
http://skate.ea.com/blog.action

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 457
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2010, 06:47:46 AM »
I'm probably gonna buy Skate and Destroy from ebay for $11... Can't believe I sold that game as a kid

Just get an emulator.

Gorilla Flip

« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2010, 07:16:44 AM »
Yeah I did just now. I didn't remember that you have to complete the game to unlock all the tricks... Game is fucking fantastic

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2010, 09:23:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
On the china banks level there is this ledge that runs into a wall and i had endless lines to it where you had to time a flip trick perfectly to make it over it.I loved that game so much,getting hit by the lame subway,nollies looked dope.I always wondered if the ramp hidden in the building in sf hills was supposed to  be phelps ramp the widowmaker.
I was all about trying to time it right so I could do 360 ollies off the ledge over the subway train. Also, when time ran out, I was all about trying to kill the dude chasing me by outrunning him for\long enough time, rather than just leaving the level. Subway level that's easy, when he comes at you, you just ollie onto the top level, and he gets stuck at the bottom screaming.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

drunk

• Rep: 59
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2010, 02:10:28 AM »

stellar
formerly toonie

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2010, 10:47:06 PM »
i'm hyped for this game. I bought a ps3 for the first one then returned it after i beat it. I might buy a ps3 for this. only a month away!

Dandy

• Rep: -8

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2010, 08:07:13 AM »
Anyone try out the demo yet? I just started the download.

Beer Wizard

« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2010, 08:09:36 AM »
Anyone try out the demo yet? I just started the download.
Downloading too.  My apartment's wireless internet sucks been at it for like an hour only at 30%

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2010, 08:15:39 AM »
Just ran out of my subscription to live 2 months ago, remembered my roommate's xbox has it still on there, downloading now, ha.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

ccc333

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
  • ohyeah
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2010, 09:01:21 AM »
fuuuugggggggggg my sub ran out

Beer Wizard

« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2010, 09:08:30 AM »
I got one of those 48hour card things if you want it, about to go to class though I look for it when I get back.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2010, 09:23:26 AM »
fuuuugggggggggg my sub ran out

Just make a new account. You get a free 1 month trial.