Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 266695 times)

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

Re: Skate 3
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2010, 09:40:49 PM »
Glitching out is cool and all, but it's pretty annoying that session markers don't work AND you get sent all the way back to the beginning if you fall.

I found the fix to this.
Apparently when you host a private match online for instance in the chan center, part of that area lets you go beyond the boundary.
Thus allowing you to use the point marker, same goes for the other area.

sweet.

Pavementi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »
Brian! I found that 600ft long rail you were telling me about. Thing is ridiculous! the grind is too long for the replay editor to even capture it in it's entirity
Where is it? All the links to the EA skatereel clips you guys have posted don't work. I've glitched out using the create private session/Home button at the end of the demo, but I haven't seen this 600 foot rail you guys speak of...

Have you guys noticed that when the camera is set low and you ollie onto a rail, just as you're landing in your grind, your feet get cropped out of frame? So fucked on hardcore because you can't figure out how far you were from the rail to correct it the next time around.

And the underflips suck.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

BriDen

« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2010, 10:46:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Glitching out is cool and all, but it's pretty annoying that session markers don't work AND you get sent all the way back to the beginning if you fall.
[close]

I found the fix to this.
Apparently when you host a private match online for instance in the chan center, part of that area lets you go beyond the boundary.
Thus allowing you to use the point marker, same goes for the other area.

sweet.
Yeah sure, but you can't get half as far when you're online as you can with the glitch.

BriDen

« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2010, 10:48:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Brian! I found that 600ft long rail you were telling me about. Thing is ridiculous! the grind is too long for the replay editor to even capture it in it's entirity
[close]
Where is it? All the links to the EA skatereel clips you guys have posted don't work. I've glitched out using the create private session/Home button at the end of the demo, but I haven't seen this 600 foot rail you guys speak of...

Have you guys noticed that when the camera is set low and you ollie onto a rail, just as you're landing in your grind, your feet get cropped out of frame? So fucked on hardcore because you can't figure out how far you were from the rail to correct it the next time around.

And the underflips suck.

http://skate.ea.com/gallery#searchType=AUTHOR&query=&slice=search&galleryType=USER&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL_DEMO&filter=DAILY&itemId=35841

link works fine for me, and it's got 50+ views so maybe it's just your computer.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2010, 11:17:32 PM »
^hahah! yes! I grinded that rail backside and at the end, you take a huge drop that's still landable because it's into a hill. fun shit. thashing around mid noseblunt ftw
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #215 on: April 19, 2010, 12:13:18 AM »
Damn hardcore mode is sort of frustrating
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #216 on: April 19, 2010, 12:17:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ahahah that rail is amazing

so many good spots the full game is gonna be insane

dunno if skatereels working or not, I've tried uploading some clips and nothing. This one seems to be working right now http://skate.ea.com/gallery#searchType=AUTHOR&query=JayPrask&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL_DEMO&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=39256

that's the rail up on the roof for the "fail" mission? I don't know how to get up there!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 652
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #217 on: April 19, 2010, 07:51:17 AM »
damn i feel left out. i really dont have time to be playing this kind of stuff though anymore unfortunately. as much as i hated on this game i still want to play it really bad and cruise around and see the new things to skate. i mean it is still a great game; i just think i could have made it way better if i were behind it. i just get bored with it too quickly.
ONTARIO CANADA

BriDen

« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2010, 10:22:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

dunno if skatereels working or not, I've tried uploading some clips and nothing. This one seems to be working right now http://skate.ea.com/gallery#searchType=AUTHOR&query=JayPrask&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL_DEMO&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=39256

[close]

that's the rail up on the roof for the "fail" mission? I don't know how to get up there!

You can only upload one clip from the demo. Once you upload a new one, the last one gets over-written

edit:To get to the rail, glitch out of the demo going the same way the youtube video showed. Make a left when you can, follow the three stairsets down, the rail will be up and to the left. You gotta go to the end of the rail then walk back up the whole thing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:28:19 AM by Briden »

sectachrome

• Rep: 41
« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2010, 10:49:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And the underflips suck.

The low camera is way too low, its impossible.  I keep doing stupid underflips by accident trying to kickflip into things.  I cant even do one on purpose.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You can only upload one clip from the demo. Once you upload a new one, the last one gets over-written

edit:To get to the rail, glitch out of the demo going the same way the youtube video showed. Make a left when you can, follow the three stairsets down, the rail will be up and to the left. You gotta go to the end of the rail then walk back up the whole thing.

siked, thanks brian

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2010, 11:23:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

And the underflips suck.
[close]

http://skate.ea.com/gallery#searchType=AUTHOR&query=&slice=search&galleryType=USER&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL_DEMO&filter=DAILY&itemId=35841

link works fine for me, and it's got 50+ views so maybe it's just your computer.
I figured it out. I have to go to the skatereel page and pick XBox or PS3 tab (depending on who posted it) before clicking the link. Might be my computer that's being all fickle, but at least it works now.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

frisco

« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2010, 10:14:47 PM »
front shuvs look good

ledges are fucking hard to lock into in hardcore mode, its so frustrating but satisfying

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2010, 10:23:46 PM »
bs blunts look really weird, and I wish you could just "refresh" or get up in the glitch, instead of just returning to some point

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2010, 10:46:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

siked, thanks brian

SO DOPE
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #225 on: April 20, 2010, 12:02:20 PM »
I realize the first trick in this line is damn near impossible, but can you imagine if someone could pull that off on a rail even without the nollie heel out.

http://skate.ea.com/gallery#searchType=AUTHOR&query=JayPrask&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL_DEMO&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=49689

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: April 20, 2010, 12:51:45 PM »
I realize the first trick in this line is damn near impossible, but can you imagine if someone could pull that off on a rail even without the nollie heel out.

http://skate.ea.com/gallery#searchType=AUTHOR&query=JayPrask&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL_DEMO&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=49689

what's so impossible about it?

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2010, 01:33:40 PM »
Front side halfcab to back nose grind nollie heel out? Down a handrail? No big woop. More like NBD and probably never will be.

edit: just to make sure we are on the same page, I'm talking about someone doing it in real life not the game.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 01:35:30 PM by Choad Muskrat »

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2010, 01:40:56 PM »
Front side halfcab to back nose grind nollie heel out? Down a handrail? No big woop. More like NBD and probably never will be.

edit: just to make sure we are on the same page, I'm talking about someone doing it in real life not the game.

hhahah ,yeah I meant in the game, I must agree otherwise

BriDen

« Reply #229 on: April 20, 2010, 05:46:18 PM »
Nice line, Jay. Lines are by far the most frustrating thing about hxc mode.

Also, I forgot who, but someone asked about getting on top of things today on XBL. This is how I do it. Plus a casper flip.

These links are so long

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2010, 07:26:49 AM »
Nice line, Jay. Lines are by far the most frustrating thing about hxc mode.

Also, I forgot who, but someone asked about getting on top of things today on XBL. This is how I do it. Plus a casper flip.

These links are so long

haha awesome

so now we make ladders with quarter pipes instead of glitching

does anyone know if you'll be able to use droppable objects in freeskate online?

BriDen

« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2010, 09:30:07 AM »
does anyone know if you'll be able to use droppable objects in freeskate online?

I know that Cuz guy mentioned something like "it's in the works" on his blog a long time ago, but I don't remember anything since then.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2010, 11:25:42 AM »
something seems to be wrong when I upload vids. I uploaded 2 clips, only found one back, upload another one and now I don't even find the other one back and the one I just uploaded is gone too.

sectachrome

« Reply #234 on: April 21, 2010, 02:11:27 PM »
This is obvious, but Jason Lee fucking sucks.  I think I would rather have Reda than Jason Lee yelling dressed up as a 70s tennis player.

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #235 on: April 21, 2010, 05:28:23 PM »
This is obvious, but Jason Lee fucking sucks.  I think I would rather have Reda than Jason Lee yelling dressed up as a 70s tennis player.

That coach frank horseshit bummed me out so hard the first time I played the demo.
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: April 21, 2010, 10:37:27 PM »
http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=SKATE_REEL_DEMO&subType=VIDEO&platform=ps3#searchType=AUTHOR&query=boyan123&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL_DEMO&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=36222

I had a pretty hard time flipping onto the other rail

Expand Quote
[close]

That coach frank horseshit bummed me out so hard the first time I played the demo.

"GET IT!" i first thought it was funny, it remembered me of some commercial (airwalk or something), and yeah now it's just annoying
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:11:06 AM by boyan »

sectachrome

« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2010, 10:49:28 PM »
"GI-GI-GYEAH!"

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #238 on: April 22, 2010, 04:17:40 AM »
I like Jason. I haven't played the demo though, so that might all change. I hope it doesn't. Because I like Jason.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

BriDen

« Reply #239 on: April 22, 2010, 05:10:51 AM »
I like Jason. I haven't played the demo though, so that might all change. I hope it doesn't. Because I like Jason.
He's always had a weird penchant for pretending to be some stupid character, so this doesn't surprise me.

It just annoys the fuck out of me.