Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 266489 times)

tysj!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #360 on: May 12, 2010, 11:15:34 AM »
i hated them. probably because there was no real reason to do them story-wise. of course i ended up selling my 1 million boards. jsflkajdlkasdjlakfjalksj ldkdasdjal ;kfja sdj aadalksjdastkjfaskf

now i can play free skate with a clear conscience
LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #361 on: May 12, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »
why would anyone pay for the time is money dlc? are you seriously that lazy to not beat career? the challenges are usually fun and if you're already paying 60$ for the game, you might as well actually play the entire game

I bought the time is money pack last time and was bummed to find out it only applied towards characters and product, when all I wanted it for was to unlock all map areas/spawn points, etc.

-Filming without ghosting is a dream come true.

THANKS CUZ

FUCK YES! I noticed that! So hyped.

Also, if you pre-ordered it online, do you get the black box skatepark, or just at gamestop? I ordered it through ea for that discount, and don't remember ever being given a code.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Gorilla Flip

• Rep: -4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #362 on: May 12, 2010, 11:59:12 AM »
Wow they managed to make these missions even shittier and more cheap than the last two games.

-Where the fuck is Party Play?
-Where the fuck is Party Play???
-What's up with Andrew Reynold's voice?
-Recycling old models for PJ Ladd and Jerry Hsu? Didn't feel like making new ones? Recycled alot of the animations for the cinematics too
-Fucked up single player missions. How am I supposed to win the race if my NPC friend can't even finish the race or score more than 120 points on the competition? Why the fuck would you do this? Why can't I play these challenges alone instead of having a NPC dragging me down. Am I supposed to make a Best Trick rail of 5000 points?? Playing with a friend, the challenges are equally impossible. In the time that my team has 2000 the NPC's have 5000. I guess I should be better at the game or play on easy mode.
-HC mode isn't more realistic, it's just more cheap. The skater moves away from the rails like the same ends of a magnet. You can do a line 5 times exactly the same way and 2 times it will just jump under or over the rail, one time it will hit the rail and mysteriously bail and two times it will try a wallride into the rail. It's impossible to do missions where you have to jump to a rail ontop of a really steep bank. You just don't have enough speed ever.
-No reason at all for own the spot missions or Pro Challenges, I ain't gonna do shit with spots or Pros since they decided to remove Party Play. You can pick any spot you want in online multiplayer even if you haven't "unlocked" them.
-Your own created custom park lags, even when there's nothing in it.
-Seriously why did they remove playing locally on the same console?
-What's the point of "High camera" if the camera goes right to the groundline after one trick. I have to bail to make the camera not bug.

I feel like I paid 60€ for a new map for Free Mode. The missions are bullshit so no-one wants to play them online. Other gamemodes like classic spot battle, SKATE and new 1up are fun.

PS Fuck this game I'm changing to Classic mode to complete the game
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:11:46 PM by Gorilla Flip »

luc

• Rep: -118
« Reply #363 on: May 12, 2010, 12:06:03 PM »
my friends dont have xboxs so add me

gamertag: luc auer

bandini

« Reply #364 on: May 12, 2010, 12:06:42 PM »
why would anyone pay for the time is money dlc? are you seriously that lazy to not beat career?

I have zero interest in "playing" any of these games. I just like to skate around the different areas. Without an "unlock everything" option I wouldn't even buy the thing, & I suspect I'm not alone there.

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #365 on: May 12, 2010, 12:43:45 PM »
Also, if you pre-ordered it online, do you get the black box skatepark, or just at gamestop? I ordered it through ea for that discount, and don't remember ever being given a code.

I got an email on the 11th at midnight from EA with the code. I ordered from ea for the discount, too.

thugnificent

« Reply #366 on: May 12, 2010, 12:56:26 PM »
Expand Quote
why would anyone pay for the time is money dlc? are you seriously that lazy to not beat career?
[close]

I have zero interest in "playing" any of these games. I just like to skate around the different areas. Without an "unlock everything" option I wouldn't even buy the thing, & I suspect I'm not alone there.

guess i forgot how stubborn skaters can be. yeah what is up with reynolds voice? When I heard him talk i was like wtf too

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #367 on: May 12, 2010, 02:23:21 PM »
Wow they managed to make these missions even shittier and more cheap than the last two games.

-Recycling old models for PJ Ladd and Jerry Hsu? Didn't feel like making new ones? Recycled alot of the animations for the cinematics too

-Its Shane for shake junt!

-I hate the recycled models, even some of the clothing are from skate 2, and yeah no black pants!

-Create your character has the same features from skate 2

-Single player is garbage, only good to unlock pros- which by the way if you guys want to unlock the other pros you have to own an area which have like 8 objectives each

-Thank god I only Paid $40

Game is still sick! just stressed out unlocking all this crap

BriDen

« Reply #368 on: May 12, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »
"Customizable Pants" can be black.

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #369 on: May 12, 2010, 02:54:55 PM »
whoa thanks. i didn't even know there was a customizable pants option.

inaugural clip: http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=170915929&platform=ps3

VictoriousOG

« Reply #370 on: May 12, 2010, 03:03:56 PM »
I need this game.

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #371 on: May 12, 2010, 07:11:19 PM »
fuck yes walzmart came through late last night with 2 copys left.

went straight to free play with shingo with HUD turned off.

then I wuz
couchlocked
til' tha
morning

the new city is sick as fuck  2nd+navy,  the red park ?carverton? , ghetto park .. all of industrial area in general is faking KUESFGKJshdfgkdjhfgsljewfglwefh1!!!!!!!!

first impressions of this game are pretty beastly .
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:22:27 PM by EastCoastLove »

tysj!

• SLAP Pal

sectachrome

• Rep: 41
« Reply #373 on: May 12, 2010, 07:54:20 PM »
If you go back to "Normal" difficulty after playing hardcore, its obvious how regular the latter is.  Shit like banks to ledges like youre talking about are sooo much easier.  Not sure if Im going to switch back.  Theres harder making it fun, and then theres harder that is just annoying.  I can spend 30 minutes trying to 5-0 a small ledge in real life, I dont need a video game for that.

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #374 on: May 12, 2010, 08:12:12 PM »

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2010, 09:53:55 PM »
Cheat: Cheat Codes

In the Extras Menu, choose "Enter Cheat Code" and enter the following codes for the desired effect. You can mix codes at your discretion -- for instance, Isaac from Dead Space has a special hoverboard. To disable these cheat codes you simply type them in again.

* zombie - Turn pedestrians into zombies (Also changes the color of the sky)
    * Mcfly - Changes your skateboard into a snazzy hover board -- Beware: They don't go on water*
    * Miniskaters - Smaller, stylized skater
    * Deadspacetoo - Unlocks Isaac from Dead Space

Zombie mode is sick!!! 28 days later style

Most of these cheats are in the in-game ads

edit:
http://skate.ea.com/gallery#sortBy=MOST_RECENT&filter=ALLTIME&slice=search&galleryType=USER&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&itemId=90180

ready for the zombie apocalypse
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:12:32 PM by Livin The Psychedelic Lif »

Mackattack

« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2010, 10:11:53 PM »
If you go back to "Normal" difficulty after playing hardcore, its obvious how regular the latter is.  Shit like banks to ledges like youre talking about are sooo much easier.  Not sure if Im going to switch back.  Theres harder making it fun, and then theres harder that is just annoying.  I can spend 30 minutes trying to 5-0 a small ledge in real life, I dont need a video game for that.

Fucking spot on... I initially played on hardcore until that Maloof Contest, whereupon i realized that it just wasnt fun anymore.
Skating transition is damn near impossible on hardcore.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #377 on: May 13, 2010, 12:11:28 AM »
i know it doesnt make a difference for game play, but its pretty embarassing that they couldnt even get fs and bs right when it comes to doing spins.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

cordsnhalfcabs

• Rep: -3
« Reply #378 on: May 13, 2010, 02:57:37 AM »
The world is so huge i cant figure this out but with industrial, uni and downtown; are there roads that link them ??? Or do you have to teleport to each one. The game is sick though, although i dont think hardcore mode is all that great, its retardedly annoying to do grinds and i dont think ollies and shit are even that much lower.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #379 on: May 13, 2010, 07:55:21 AM »

-Where the fuck is Party Play?
-Where the fuck is Party Play???
-Fucked up single player missions. How am I supposed to win the race if my NPC friend can't even finish the race or score more than 120 points on the competition? Why the fuck would you do this? Why can't I play these challenges alone instead of having a NPC dragging me down. Am I supposed to make a Best Trick rail of 5000 points?? Playing with a friend, the challenges are equally impossible. In the time that my team has 2000 the NPC's have 5000. I guess I should be better at the game or play on easy mode.
-HC mode isn't more realistic, it's just more cheap. The skater moves away from the rails like the same ends of a magnet. You can do a line 5 times exactly the same way and 2 times it will just jump under or over the rail, one time it will hit the rail and mysteriously bail and two times it will try a wallride into the rail. It's impossible to do missions where you have to jump to a rail ontop of a really steep bank. You just don't have enough speed ever.
-No reason at all for own the spot missions or Pro Challenges, I ain't gonna do shit with spots or Pros since they decided to remove Party Play. You can pick any spot you want in online multiplayer even if you haven't "unlocked" them.
-Your own created custom park lags, even when there's nothing in it.
-Seriously why did they remove playing locally on the same console?
-What's the point of "High camera" if the camera goes right to the groundline after one trick. I have to bail to make the camera not bug.

I feel like I paid 60€ for a new map for Free Mode. The missions are bullshit so no-one wants to play them online. Other gamemodes like classic spot battle, SKATE and new 1up are fun.

PS Fuck this game I'm changing to Classic mode to complete the game

u mad?

Flume

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #380 on: May 13, 2010, 08:06:59 AM »
fuck yes walzmart came through late last night with 2 copys left.

went straight to free play with shingo with HUD turned off.

then I wuz
couchlocked
til' tha
morning

the new city is sick as fuck  2nd+navy,  the red park ?carverton? , ghetto park .. all of industrial area in general is faking KUESFGKJshdfgkdjhfgsljewfglwefh1!!!!!!!!

first impressions of this game are pretty beastly .

0MG t34m tym3

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #381 on: May 13, 2010, 08:11:51 AM »
personally, I'm really really stoked on this

Anyone who had high expectations for story mode and missions deserve to be dissappointed.

There are so many new, crazy good spots. Port carverton is amazing. 2nd and navy is amazing. Are there more real life spots? I haven't found any yet.

I've been playing on hardcore mode the whole time and haven't really had any problems with missions and what not. Bank to ledges seem to be the hardest to lock into, but its still doable. Don't think I can go back to normal mode now, everything is way too easy.

BriDen

« Reply #382 on: May 13, 2010, 08:33:37 AM »
There are so many new, crazy good spots. Port carverton is amazing. 2nd and navy is amazing. Are there more real life spots? I haven't found any yet.

I recognized a few pretty obscure ones that maybe my imagination is just tricking me into seeing, but I haven't noticed any definite IRL spot rip-offs.

thugnificent

« Reply #383 on: May 13, 2010, 08:38:37 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLrf2dxnBB4 theres this spot starting at 2:42 and brooklyn banks

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #384 on: May 13, 2010, 10:54:45 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLrf2dxnBB4 theres this spot starting at 2:42 and brooklyn banks

awesome looking forward to stumbling across those. What part of the map is the brooklyn banks in?

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #385 on: May 13, 2010, 11:30:07 AM »
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:40:24 AM by Carrolls Chesthairs »

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #386 on: May 13, 2010, 11:35:40 AM »

BriDen

« Reply #387 on: May 13, 2010, 11:47:26 AM »
Expand Quote
So is there a Slap Pal team yet?
[close]

http://skate.ea.com/team/profile?teamId=10921&platform=xbox

join here i guess
Request failed
Club is not accepting petitions at this time.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #388 on: May 13, 2010, 11:53:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Request failed
Club is not accepting petitions at this time.
[close]

its acting stupid

somebody else make it. i think everybody has to say they're looking for a time in order to join one
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:15:50 PM by Carrolls Chesthairs »

thugnificent

« Reply #389 on: May 13, 2010, 04:49:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

awesome looking forward to stumbling across those. What part of the map is the brooklyn banks in?

industrial, its near 3rd and army